The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-01-2015, 06:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Legal age in Spain is 18 years, at that age Prince Felipe swore the Constitution and during the ceremony he wore the Order of the Golden Fleece. That was his first official state event and the first time he wore the decoration that he had since 1981. Before 18, he did not participate in events where he had to wear the decoration.

http://www.congreso.es/docu/PHist/do...ns/DP.0919.jpg

After swearing the Constitution, the decoration he received was the Collar of the Order of Carlos III, the highest Spanish civilian honor.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...05-11-22-a.jpg

She can use the coat of arms in the car of the National Day parade, because she does not travel with her father.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
His 18th birthday was 5 years later in 1986. As far as i know on that occasion a cweremony in teh Cortes took place where he made an oath on the constitutuion. But when was the Ceremony when him the Order of the golden Fleece was handed over. He was granted it in 1981 but my question was if it was also handed over to him in that year or later
You're right, he was 18 when he was sworn in as Prince of Asturias in the Parliament (the photo is from that event). There wasn't a public ceremony when King Felipe was 13 and received the Golden Fleece, there are no public photos or videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I believe that will happen when Doña Leonor has reached the age of consent. Like the use of the coat-of-arms and the personal standard, this will only have effect when she starts her own independent activities, separated from her parents. After all, as long as she is with her father, the car in which she drives will have the King's personal standard and not hers. As long as she does not issue her own personal correspondence, the arms above the cards from Zarzuela will not have her arms depicted.
The Princess of Asturias and her sister ride in a different car from their parents in official events bearing her personal standard. It's been like this since she became Princess of Asturias on June 2014.

A screen caption of the moment both cars arrived this October at the Parade marking National Day. First there's the King and Queen's car with Felipe VI's standard, and after with the blue standard of the Princess of Asturias their daughters.

http://i.imgur.com/eS5oLbn.jpg

Old 01-31-2016, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia...3038270671.htm

Casa Real declined the request of the city of Cervera, that Princess Leonor should renounce the title Countess of Cervera.
The request was submitted in June 2014, arguing that Cervera does not feel represented by an "anachronistic and outdated" Monarchy.
The city had already submitted a request when Felipe was Count of Cervera but back then Casa Real had ignored the request.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As per Bekia Leonor and Sofia are not fans of skiing.

Adiós a las tradiciones de la Familia Real: a la Princesa Leonor y la Infanta Sofía tampoco les gusta esquiar - Bekia

https://translate.googleusercontent....X80r0gwmUNAqwQ
Old 03-25-2016, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The girls don't seem to embrace sailing, either.
Of course it's Letizia's fault
Old 03-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

They do ballet, so I suppose they like it!
Old 03-26-2016, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to press, sometimes they travel to European ski resorts to ski... so really we can not know if the girls are learning to ski or not.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pilar Eyre writes in her column that Queen Sofia complained in Greece to a german cousin that she only rarely sees Leonor and Sofia because Letizia's mother is always around.

"Javier Merino estaba enamorado como un becerro"

https://translate.google.de/translat...831&edit-text=
Old 04-01-2016, 05:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Pilar Eyre writes in her column that Queen Sofia complained in Greece to a german cousin that she only rarely sees Leonor and Sofia because Letizia's mother is always around.
]
Sadly quite a common problem amongst some families. It is very sad if it is true, Queen Sofia would be a huge force of good in both of their lives not just personally but also with regard to their future Royal roles.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Pilar Eyre, is the female version of Peñafiel, she has left LOC and this is her first article in a gossip magazine, so she needed a "bomb" that her new job had impact.

Whenever she says family intimacies always uses the resource of the German cousin of Queen Sofia, whose name is never given, but always informs Pilar Eyre all the intimate secrets of Sofia. It is unlikely that cousin exists, or if she ever existed has the confidence of Sofia being so indiscreet.

Paloma Rocasolano is a very discreet woman, in this photo of a private family visit to the ballet in January, you can see the Royal Family (including Queen Sofia and Irene Urdangarin) with the dancers, as she waits quietly in the background.

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100...59501457608380

Queen Sofia loves her grandchildren and enjoys spending time with them, but one thing is that and another actively collaborate in their daily care, that is the role of Paloma or Claire (the mother of Iñaki).
Old 04-01-2016, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I would be cautious in giving this article any importance. I guess the writer took advantage of the little public diplay both girls are subjected to. Given how discreet queen Sofia has always ben though, I doubt very much that she would make such a faux pas as to reveal private information like this to "talkative" person, whether it might be tru or not.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'd be very skeptical regarding that article and perhaps Pilar Eyre might enlighten us on who is this German cousin?
Old 04-03-2016, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As per Bekia,Leonor loves to play the cello!

La gran pasión de la Princesa Leonor: toca el violonchelo - Bekia

https://translate.googleusercontent....sBYodY7aIVRGxA
Old 04-04-2016, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bekia is a website that copies information from other media, sometimes with errors, in this case newspaper where they have copied information.

The article on Leonor and the cello has been published by the newspaper La Razon.

Leonor, la reina del violonchelo

Not the first time this newspaper publishes this information, it seems that she has chosen that instrument for school music classes.

In November, the family went to a cello concert in Madrid.

Exclusiva CHANCE: Los Reyes y sus hijas rendidas a la magia del violonchelo
Old 04-04-2016, 06:32 AM
Nobility

Do all schools in Spain require children to choose a musical instrument to learn?
Old 04-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Bekia is a website that copies information from other media, sometimes with errors, in this case newspaper where they have copied information.

The article on Leonor and the cello has been published by the newspaper La Razon.

Leonor, la reina del violonchelo

Not the first time this newspaper publishes this information, it seems that she has chosen that instrument for school music classes.

In November, the family went to a cello concert in Madrid.

Exclusiva CHANCE: Los Reyes y sus hijas rendidas a la magia del violonchelo
Thank you for that, lula (and An Ard Ri for the original post ). I somehow missed the information about the cello concert last November, so this is new news for me. That's nice to hear, I wonder if Infanta Sofia or any other members of the SRF play a musical instrument.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-05-2016, 05:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Thank you for that, lula (and An Ard Ri for the original post ). I somehow missed the information about the cello concert last November, so this is new news for me. That's nice to hear, I wonder if Infanta Sofia or any other members of the SRF play a musical instrument.

Not only nice, but such a richly deep beautifully sounding instrument at that. One of my favourite instruments to listen to, as well as meditate to, as it's so relaxing to listen to.

IMHO, as well as deeply biased, Leonor has chosen very, very well. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-05-2016, 06:05 AM
Nobility

A list of official gifts that the family received last year have been released. Leonor and Sofia received 16 gifts that included a jigsaw puzzle of their dog Bo from the Obamas

The gifts that the Spanish royal palace received
Old 04-05-2016, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I somehow missed the information about the cello concert last November, so this is new news for me. That's nice to hear, I wonder if Infanta Sofia or any other members of the SRF play a musical instrument.
I believe Infanta Margarita is a gifted pianist and loves all type of music.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:55 PM
Commoner

I'm glad Leonor will be a future Spanish queen in her own right. I really don't like the Salic Law. She seems a very poised girl, IMO.

Sofia and her are close. No doubt she's and will always be a very supportive person to Leonor. ☺

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, princess of asturias