The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2015, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

Perhaps it's the princess who doesn't want to have her photo taken?

Old 10-31-2015, 11:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Perhaps it's the princess who doesn't want to have her photo taken?
It's something that I thought too. As girls get older, and Leonor is almost a pre-teen, they begin to feel self-conscious, and don't want to be photographed. If that is the case, I'm glad her parents respected her wishes. This girl will be photographed all her adult life, and won't always have a say in the matter. There's no reason to force her in front of the cameras more than necessary when she's a child/teenager.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

On such an occasion a picture should've been released IMO, doesn't matter how old the child/person is. Anyways, It's nice for her to receive the order.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:04 PM
Majesty

And we saw that recently released a stamp on occasion of The Princess of Asturias Awards of the photo of Leonor before two years. What to say? There may indeed be a problem with the princess. Anyway. It is nice to take a order.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

It's ridiculous to have such an important occasion as the order and the only picture of the future queen of Spain on the website is not only 2 years old but shows a girl in a summer dress cut and paste out of a photo shoot with her parents and sister.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Majesty

i wish they would have taken some nice official pictures to mark the occasion. leonor is now the heir and has been so for quite some months now, and receiving the highest order of spain is not an anodyne event. the official picture on the website looks old and unprofessional in my opinion to have as the picture of the heir to the throne. the spanish court should take note of the recent pictures released of elisabeth of belgium, in her same position and of her similar age, which look professional and appropriate.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
Aragon was much more than Catalonia and Navarra is not the Basque Country. Most of what's now the Basque Country was actually part of the Kingdom of Castile.
Still, the coat of arms of the Basque Country contains the arms of the Kingdom of Navarre and the coat of arms of Catalonia contains the arms of Aragon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque...o_armarria.svg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalo..._Catalonia.svg

Needless to say, the King of Spain uses both arms claiming sovereignty over both ancient kingdoms (in addition to Castile, León and Granada).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_o...sh_Monarch.svg
Old 10-31-2015, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Leonor has publicly appeared in the National Day 19 days ago, probably they think that an official photo now contributes little, she has not grown in those days.

Spanish royal house does not change the official photos often. They have only renovated the military photos of Felipe, and because the law requires his photo on military installations. The other photos are from 2010.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Princess Leonor has publicly appeared in the National Day 19 days ago, probably they think that an official photo now contributes little, she has not grown in those days.

Spanish royal house does not change the official photos often. They have only renovated the military photos of Felipe, and because the law requires his photo on military installations. The other photos are from 2010.

I don't see any need for official birthday pictures. As mentioned above, Her Royal Highness attended the National Day Parade recently and will make another public appearance shortly wheb she is awarded the collar of the order of the Golden Fleece.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:47 PM
Majesty

So I guess that because the National Day and the birthday of the princess is not going to change day will never see official photo of Leonor.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:18 PM
Majesty

some fun anecdotes of leonor published today:

1. when she was born Felipe did not appear before reporters until morning. he joked that more than toast with champagne, they should have breakfast chocolate with churros. The leaks that circulated pointed it was a difficult birth and not without risk.

2. an angioma at the left of her nose worried Letizia so much that, to avoid slander, the doctor who supervised the girl had to park his car in a street where he was picked up a car with tinted windows to avoid being identified.

3. she is daddy's girl. Felipe once attended a party of his intimates, the Fuster, and spent the evening showing his photo that he carried in his wallet. A doting father, who when with his daughters calls Letizia "mom"

4. when before the press to introduce a newborn Sofia, born on April 28, 2007, Leonor, 18 months, was the star as she took a microphone and babbled. her parents have avoided any comparisons with Sofia to not make sofia jealous. When they shooted the first official photo of Don Juan Carlos, Don Felipe and Leonor for the website of the Royal House, the shoot was also repeated with Sofia was repeated, but the image remained for the family album.

5. sofia has a passion for sister Leonor, who pursued her when she was a baby crawling and shouting "Léolo, Léolo". leonor even once warned sofia: "Sofia, antioxidants have to eat, because they are very good for health" causing the amazement of a scientist.

6. Letizia is strict with their education because she wants to prevent their children from becoming spoiled. When she is absent, she likes leaving them in the care of Paloma Rocasolano who, following their guidelines of "normality", takes the girls on the bus covered with caps to go unnoticed.

7. when arethey're going to bow? leonor asked one day. letizia prefers them to have a childhood living apart from their condition and takes them to her friends house where leonor once asked for a mop to clean the floor.

8. NO FOTOS: Letizia is obsessed with privacy and protects her daughters as a lioness, preventing people from taking photos that end up on Facebook or Twitter. Holy Week in 2014, they went skiing in the Alps and in the flight they coincided with South American tourists, traveling with their son. The father wanted to make a souvenir photo with Leonor and Sofia, but Letizia refused, saying she feared circulated through social networks, but promised to send a signed photo, with a stamp from Zarzuela.

9. Leonor is a student at Santa Maria Rosales. Doña Letizia, to supervise their studies, has meetings once a month with her tutor at Zarzuela, emphasizing that Leonor should make presentations in class to get used to speaking in public.

10. Leonor sometimes questions "when will I give a speech?", But her parents now prefer to keep her out of institutional life.

Las 10 curiosidades de la Princesa Leonor en su décimo cumpleaños | loc | EL MUNDO
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-31-2015, 01:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
So they give the highest order in Spain to Leonor on the occasion of her 10th birthday, with a strong symbolic meaning that she is the future queen, but at the same time they refuse a picture because her 10th birthday is a private occasion.
It does not make any sense!
Old 10-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It's ridiculous to have such an important occasion as the order and the only picture of the future queen of Spain on the website is not only 2 years old but shows a girl in a summer dress cut and paste out of a photo shoot with her parents and sister.
Perhaps we'll get a new photo when Leonor is presented with the Golden Fleece at the ceremony's date.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

What an awesome birthday gift and a lovely gesture from Felipe. However, as ANNIE_S has said, Leonor is probably too young to fully appreciate the order and might prefer an iPad instead! I was curious when it was announced Leonor would receive the order now, because I thought that the general age to officially start receiving orders was 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't see any need for official birthday pictures. As mentioned above, Her Royal Highness attended the National Day Parade recently and will make another public appearance shortly wheb she is awarded the collar of the order of the Golden Fleece.
I was a little disappointed that there were no photos of Leonor, though you have raised a good point.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-01-2015, 02:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Perhaps we'll get a new photo when Leonor is presented with the Golden Fleece at the ceremony's date.
I don't think this will happen soon, might take a few years.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I believe that will happen when Doña Leonor has reached the age of consent. Like the use of the coat-of-arms and the personal standard, this will only have effect when she starts her own independent activities, separated from her parents. After all, as long as she is with her father, the car in which she drives will have the King's personal standard and not hers. As long as she does not issue her own personal correspondence, the arms above the cards from Zarzuela will not have her arms depicted.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

When was Felipe handed over the collar. Already when it was given to him in 1981 or was it later?
Old 11-01-2015, 03:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
When was Felipe handed over the collar. Already when it was given to him in 1981 or was it later?
On 30 January 1981, his 18th birthday, see picture.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
On 30 January 1981, his 18th birthday, see picture.
His 18th birthday was 5 years later in 1986. As far as i know on that occasion a ceremony in the Cortes took place where he made an oath on the constitution. But when was the Ceremony when him the Order of the golden Fleece was handed over. He was granted it in 1981 but my question was if it was also handed over to him in that year or later
Old 11-01-2015, 05:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
His 18th birthday was 5 years later in 1986. As far as i know on that occasion a cweremony in teh Cortes took place where he made an oath on the constitutuion. But when was the Ceremony when him the Order of the golden Fleece was handed over. He was granted it in 1981 but my question was if it was also handed over to him in that year or later
I think it was granted & handed over in 1981 (in the picture Felipe looks 13 not 18) but Felipe's situation within the institution was different than Leonor's situation today. Things might have been more urgent to make a point back then.

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, princess of asturias