The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Majesty

I think we need to remember that parents know better than anyone what is best for their children (in most cases). I'm sure Their Majesties know their eldest daughter pretty well, and therefore have a plan in place. When the three of them think Leonor is ready, she'll start royal duties. There's no need to compare her to her sister, or to other heirs, because what works for one family, may not work for another.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The first stamp with the image of the Princess of Asturias, Infanta Leonor of Spain, will go on sale next October 2 in the new series called 'Grand Prix', which is dedicated to Princess Awards Asturias.
El primer sello de la princesa de asturias, a la venta el 2 de octubre - elEconomista.es

Old 09-25-2015, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

This is the stamp. Wow, they managed to have Leonor photoshopped out of a 2 year old picture (from the series of Letizia's 40th birthday). What is so difficult to have an official picture taken of the Princess of Asturias?

http://taudesign.com/wp-content/uplo...Asturias-3.jpg
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3b&oe=56A4A928
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...05_634x877.jpg
Old 09-25-2015, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. I think the palace should released a couple of official pics and be done with it.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Happy for the new stamp but what a shame they used a two year old photo
Old 09-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Nice stamp but i prefer me too a recent photo. Maybe the Palace did not want to disturb the privacy of the little Leonor
Old 09-25-2015, 03:05 PM
Courtier

They should have at least used a picture from her first communion.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I agree. I think the palace should released a couple of official pics and be done with it.
They are issuing a stamp. What does that have to do with an official picture? I would guess that if they had published an official picture the complaint would have been why is she not on a stamp yet.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
They are issuing a stamp. What does that have to do with an official picture? I would guess that if they had published an official picture the complaint would have been why is she not on a stamp yet.
I doubt that they would have used a so old a photo if more recent pics of Leonor had been released. That's all!
Old 09-26-2015, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm echoing everyone else's thoughts, a new photo would've been much better. However, it's still an adorable photo and it's sweet to see how they've changed within the space of two years. Children seem to change much quicker in a short amount of time than teenagers and adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I doubt that they would have used a so old a photo if more recent pics of Leonor had been released. That's all!
Personally I took your post to mean that you would have preferred it if new photos were taken especially for the stamps. Which does have something to do with official photos, because the official photos are being taken for the stamp. This is just my opinion though.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-27-2015, 06:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think Spanish press is turning on the heat now, Leonor will be 10 in October, the Princess of Asturias Awards are in her name the first time, they want her to be seen more in public

The accessibility of the Swedish princess stark contrast to the modus operandi of the Kings of Spain for their daughters, and that both will be sovereign in their respective countries
La princesa de Asturias y Estelle de Suecia, cara y cruz de una misma moneda. Noticias de Casas Reales
Old 09-27-2015, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
This is the stamp. Wow, they managed to have Leonor photoshopped out of a 2 year old picture (from the series of Letizia's 40th birthday). What is so difficult to have an official picture taken of the Princess of Asturias?

http://taudesign.com/wp-content/uplo...Asturias-3.jpg
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3b&oe=56A4A928
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...05_634x877.jpg

Such a pity they used a photo 3 years old ,personally I'd have preferred one of the photos of Leonor taken during the Proclamation ceremony of her father outside the Cortes or inside the Palacio Real!
Old 09-27-2015, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Personally I took your post to mean that you would have preferred it if new photos were taken especially for the stamps. Which does have something to do with official photos, because the official photos are being taken for the stamp. This is just my opinion though.[/QUOTE]

Exactly so. I was just responding to a rather rude comment, which implied that stamps and photos have no connection at all!
Old 10-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Presentation of Leonor's stamp

La Princesa de Asturias ya tiene sello - La Nueva España - Diario Independiente de Asturias

great granny Menchu got one for herself
Presentación del sello de la Princesa de Asturias en La Nueva España.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:09 AM
Majesty

There was in this presentation of the first stamp is present if not the Princess Leonor (I imagine that it is too little even for such events ) at least her mother; Unless it was enough the presence of the great grandmother.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Leonor will be 10 years this Saturday
Los 10 años de la princesa de Asturias, en 10 momentos - Efe EstiloEfe Estilo
Old 10-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Royal Highness

I hope the Royal House make new photos of Leonor to commemorate the anniversary.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Aristocracy

I do not think we will get any new photos.

Problem with this royal house is that they have allergic reaction ...or.... some very sane, sensible reason for not having photoshoots.

Forget Leonor or Letizia, they did not even get new official portraits for the new King. IIRC, the official portrait of the king in government buildings is years old.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkg View Post
I do not think we will get any new photos.

Problem with this royal house is that they have allergic reaction ...or.... some very sane, sensible reason for not having photoshoots.

Forget Leonor or Letizia, they did not even get new official portraits for the new King. IIRC, the official portrait of the king in government buildings is years old.
well, I can't speak for the photo in government buildings as I don't live in Spain, but there were new photos released of the King in 2014. We did get photos for Leti's 40th birthday (as well as Felipe's back in 2008). I don't think its completely beyond the realm to believe we may get new photos.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

10 Years of Leonor de Borbón
El cumplea?os de Leonor de Borb?n, ?9 a?os en im?genes! | TELVA

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, princess of asturias