The Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofía, News Part 1: June 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to remember that parents know better than anyone what is best for their children (in most cases). I'm sure Their Majesties know their eldest daughter pretty well, and therefore have a plan in place. When the three of them think Leonor is ready, she'll start royal duties. There's no need to compare her to her sister, or to other heirs, because what works for one family, may not work for another.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
I agree. I think the palace should released a couple of official pics and be done with it.

Happy for the new stamp but what a shame they used a two year old photo

Nice stamp but i prefer me too a recent photo. Maybe the Palace did not want to disturb the privacy of the little Leonor :whistling:

They should have at least used a picture from her first communion.

I agree. I think the palace should released a couple of official pics and be done with it.
They are issuing a stamp. What does that have to do with an official picture? I would guess that if they had published an official picture the complaint would have been why is she not on a stamp yet.

They are issuing a stamp. What does that have to do with an official picture? I would guess that if they had published an official picture the complaint would have been why is she not on a stamp yet.

I doubt that they would have used a so old a photo if more recent pics of Leonor had been released. That's all!

I'm echoing everyone else's thoughts, a new photo would've been much better. However, it's still an adorable photo and it's sweet to see how they've changed within the space of two years. Children seem to change much quicker in a short amount of time than teenagers and adults.

I doubt that they would have used a so old a photo if more recent pics of Leonor had been released. That's all!

Personally I took your post to mean that you would have preferred it if new photos were taken especially for the stamps. Which does have something to do with official photos, because the official photos are being taken for the stamp. This is just my opinion though.

This is the stamp. Wow, they managed to have Leonor photoshopped out of a 2 year old picture (from the series of Letizia's 40th birthday). What is so difficult to have an official picture taken of the Princess of Asturias?

http://taudesign.com/wp-content/uploads/Tau-Design-Correos-Sello-Princesa-de-Asturias-3.jpg
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=986ca46536beabfb15257bcd9424df3b&oe=56A4A928
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/16/article-2659020-1ED0773600000578-805_634x877.jpg

Such a pity they used a photo 3 years old ,personally I'd have preferred one of the photos of Leonor taken during the Proclamation ceremony of her father outside the Cortes or inside the Palacio Real!

Personally I took your post to mean that you would have preferred it if new photos were taken especially for the stamps. Which does have something to do with official photos, because the official photos are being taken for the stamp. This is just my opinion though.[/QUOTE]

Exactly so:flowers:. I was just responding to a rather rude comment, which implied that stamps and photos have no connection at all!;)

There was in this presentation of the first stamp is present if not the Princess Leonor (I imagine that it is too little even for such events;) ) at least her mother; Unless it was enough the presence of the great grandmother.

I hope the Royal House make new photos of Leonor to commemorate the anniversary.

I do not think we will get any new photos.

Problem with this royal house is that they have allergic reaction ...or.... some very sane, sensible reason for not having photoshoots.

Forget Leonor or Letizia, they did not even get new official portraits for the new King. IIRC, the official portrait of the king in government buildings is years old.

I do not think we will get any new photos.

Problem with this royal house is that they have allergic reaction ...or.... some very sane, sensible reason for not having photoshoots.

Forget Leonor or Letizia, they did not even get new official portraits for the new King. IIRC, the official portrait of the king in government buildings is years old.

well, I can't speak for the photo in government buildings as I don't live in Spain, but there were new photos released of the King in 2014. We did get photos for Leti's 40th birthday (as well as Felipe's back in 2008). I don't think its completely beyond the realm to believe we may get new photos.

The Kings prepare a family celebration for the birthday of the Princess of Asturias that will be a private act. Zarzuela has no plans to distribute a gallery of photographs of Leonor on the occasion of her tenth anniversary.
Los reyes preparan una celebración familiar por el cumpleaños de la princesa de Asturias

Its really poor that casareal doesnt publish a photo on the occasion of Leonor's 10th birthday since she doesn't even have a recent picture on the website, its over 2 years old.

Nobody is asking for pictures from the actual birthday party but I don't get what is so bad about a portait a la Christian of Denmark to remember the occasion of her 10th birthday. Even the Dutch with their strict media code give pictures, even from private occasions, from time to time. Leonor is Princess of Asturias now, there is no harm in building relations between her and the public by publishing photos apart from the few parents-controlled-choreographed outings they have during the year.

Well, at some point Leonor will be older and can't be hidden away any longer, the press will go crazy about her anyway.

Seriously; I was so sure that there will be official photos for the 10 birthday of the princess as the prince Christian in Denmark. We said to protect the childhood of Leonor but mercy.

And we saw that recently released a stamp on occasion of The Princess of Asturias Awards of the photo of Leonor before two years. What to say? There may indeed be a problem with the princess. Anyway. It is nice to take a order.

So I guess that because the National Day and the birthday of the princess is not going to change day will never see official photo of Leonor.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Problem with Princess Leonor

Princess Leonor is blonde with beautiful blue eyes. Those who know try to underline that she is always a good student, loving, very polite, friendly and shy. So what is the problem with the Princess of Asturias?

The problem is that we see her very little. The problem is that some people think that the Princess of Asturias should be more visible, more present, you should know more about her. But this idea clashes with the iron will of the Queen that her eldest daughter should have a childhood as normal as possible.

Leonor is a girl of ten years, but Leonor also is the heir to the throne of Spain and a matter of State.

Her mother, Letizia, has fought long for the privacy of Princess Leonor. There even have been disagreements between the Kings because of it. A clear example took place in the celebration mass in memory of Don Juan de Borbon, on the anniversary of the centenary of his birth. King Philip VI wanted his daughters attending but Queen Letizia opposed. The girls were not there. That day the Kings seemed distant and apart.

It must be difficult to put the line separating a mother from a Queen in the right place. The line between your nine year old daughter and heiress to the throne. King Philip VI may see it in a less complicated way because he has lived a childhood as heir.

The harshest critics emphasize that children of other Royal Houses have participated in acts of representation being smaller than the Princess Leonor. But, again, it is not easy to know how to distinguish what you should do as a little girl and what you should do as crown princess. This is the problem with Princess Leonor.

https://es.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/129344841661/el-problema-con-la-princesa-leonor

Sofia and Leonor attended the National Day military parade. I am pretty sure that, as she gets older, Leonor will step up her public appearances.

Last edited:
The King has given his eldest daughter, Princess of Asturias, the highest award that can be granted, the Collar of the Golden Fleece. It is a symbolic recognition, without privileges beyond the protocol, in the case of Princess Leonor due to reasons of tradition and continuity and the desire to institutionalize the figure of the Princess of Asturias and heir to the throne. Until the reign of Don Juan Carlos, the Fleece was reserved for men.
The awarding of the Golden Fleece, a personal recognition of the King and not a state award is hailed Friday by the Council of Ministers and the Royal Decree will be published tomorrow in the Official Gazette, coinciding with the tenth anniversary of the birth Princess of Asturias. Fleece King impose his daughter in a ceremony whose date has not yet been made public.

The Cabinet today approved another Royal Decree that the script and the Standard of the Princess of Asturias is created and regulate its use in public spaces and places for the events presided by Leonor. The script of the Princess is very similar to that used Don Felipe while he was Crown Prince. His background is also the blue flag of the Principality of Asturias, as was his father until he was proclaimed King and chose a crimson red script. The decree also be published tomorrow in the Official Gazette coinciding with the birthday of Princess.
El Rey concede el Toisón de Oro a Leonor, que mañana cumple diez años

Nice gallery:
http://www.ellahoy.es/famosos/artic...-anos-sus-momentos-mas-intensos-fotos/226611/

That is a great surprise and amazing news! I'm very excited for that ceremony now, hope it will be soon!

It's such a sweet gesture from Felipe to bestow his daughter and heir the first Golden Fleece of his reign. And an awesome birthday gift, I guess (though I'm not sure if Leonor will fully appreciate how important and special this gift from dad is, she probably will be more like: "daddy, I told you I wanted an Ipad" or something along those lines :D)

Leo is just the fourth woman to receive the Golden Fleece, and the first one that is not a monarch. The three others are Elizabeth II, Margrethe of Denmark and Beatrix of the Netherlands ;)

Last edited:
Royal Decree was announced today at the Council of Ministers, but will be published tomorrow, on the birthday of Princess, in the Official Gazette. The design of the standard will be published tomorrow.

That's awesome!

P.S. I hope she gets that ipad too..;)

Royal Decree was announced today at the Council of Ministers, but will be published tomorrow, on the birthday of Princess, in the Official Gazette. The design of the standard will be published tomorrow.

thanks.
I hope they also released at least one official picture :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom