Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia of Spain's Visit to Morocco: October 30, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks carlota, the link doesnt open for me, anyways, is this a one day visit only?

thanks carlota, the link doesnt open for me, anyways, is this a one day visit only?

so it seems, it just says 30th october:
Inauguración del nuevo centro del Instituto Cervantes en Marrakech

Marrakech. Marruecos, 30 de octubre de 2007

Por Sus Altezas Reales los Príncipes de Asturias

The Princes of Asturias will inaugurate the Cervantes Institute Marrakesh next Tuesday

The Princes of Asturias, accompanied by Prince Muley Rachid of Morocco, formally opened on Tuesday 30 October, the new Cervantes Institute Marrakesh, the sixth center of the institution in the neighboring country. The library will be called Jose Angel Valente, who will be the subject of a tribute in which his widow, Coral Valente, and the writers Juan Goytisolo, Luis Garcia Jambrina and Claudio Rodriguez Fer.
With this opening, Morocco becomes the country with the greatest number of centers of Instituto Cervantes: Rabat, Casablanca, Tangier, Tetouan, Fez, and now Marrakesh. Just as equals Brazil, where Cervantes is also present in six cities. In the past academic year, 16,000 students studied Spanish at any of the centers in Morocco.

The gift Princes Felipe and Doña Letizia and Prince Muley Rachid, brother of King Mohammed V, reach new Cervantes Institute of Marrakech to 17 hours. I will accompany Foreign Minister, Miguel Angel Moratinos, and a Moroccan minister yet to be confirmed.

Los Principes de Asturias inaugurarán el Instituto Cervantes de Marrakech el próximo martes

Caffarel: el español puede ser una oportunidad de trabajo para los marroquíes

Inauguration of the Institute Cervantes de Marrakesh

In this Moroccan city it is inaugurated this evening sedates of the Institute Cervantes with the presence of the Princes of Asturias and the prince Muley Rachid, brother of the king Mohamed VI, and of the ministers of Foreign Affairs of Spain and Morocco and the Moroccan minister of Culture.

After the official act of inauguration, the Princes of Asturias and the prince Muley, accompanied by the authorities, they will visit the library of the center where there will be an honoring to the poet Jose Angel Valente at the expense of his widow and of the writer Juan Goytisolo who resides in Marrakesh.

Later, there will be a receipt in the Royal Theatre where Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will greet the writer Fátima Mernissi, Prince of Asturias Award of the Letters 2003 shared with the American Susan Sontang, and the athlete Hicham The Guerrouj, Award Prince of Asturias of Sports in 2004.

The prince Muley Rachid and the princess Lalla Meridiem, brothers of the king Mohamed VI and in his name, will have dinner this night with the Princes of Asturias in the Royal palace of Marrakesh.

i really can't wait til the dinner in the moroccan palace... it will be lovely to see the princes with the royal family of morocco.

it's strange because the princes were today at the prado inaguration, does that mean they won't attend the opening? all the other openings were usually in the morning.

Spanish Prince Felipe delivers a speech as he attends with Moroccan Foreign Affairs minister Taïeb Fassi Firhi, Moroccan Prince Moulay Rachid, Spanish Princess Letizia and Foreign Affairs minister Miguel Moratinos the inauguration of Cervantes institut in Marrakech
ANP Beeldbank

more pictures from yahoo
Spain's Crown Prince Felipe (L) and Princess Letizia (R), accompanied by Moroccan Prince Mulay Rachid (C), wave as they leave the opening ceremony of the new Cervantes Institute in Marrakesh October 30,
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rid....jpg?x=222&y=345&sig=R6tRTITkNWxIZFohGiEr6g--

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe speaks at the opening ceremony of the new Cervantes Institute in Marrakesh October 30, 2007. REUTERS/Rafael Marchante
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rid....jpg?x=380&y=246&sig=kZGdrSBIBmPtsBbqzoDrkg--

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe (C) and Princess Letizia (R) arrive for the opening ceremony of the new Cervantes Institute in Marrakesh October 30,2007
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rid....jpg?x=216&y=345&sig=HPD0HaZ3HkpQSLNoFYx5oA--

in the pictures of the dinner is that a different top with the pink tiered skirt she wore for dinner in sept in madrid

Oh my gosh! I'm LOVING the pictures! Well, I guess I'm loving the fact that since I've never seen this couple do a visit like this, now I'm seeing it! Or have I???? I like her outfits. She seems very relaxed and interested in her surroundings. I like that.

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his wife, Princess Letizia pose with Morocco's Prince Muley Rachid and his sister, Lalla Meriem, prior to the gala dinner on the ocassion of the opening of new Cervantes Institute centre, in Marrakech

ANP Beeldbank

Letizia looks fabulous with the new pink top with the dress!! very shiny!

Love Letizia's outfit, she looks like a model!
But that was a gala dinner?

I really like the skirt, suits her beautifully but again (she's recycling things with little time), she screwed up with the top and the hairdo

I had a feeling yesterday that the princess would wear this outfit at the dinner. She looks great, the colour suits her and the top is much better than at the last time she used it.

that's not the same top she wore last time, it's a different one ;)
sometimes, she's a bit monochromatic when it comes to clothing: all black, all blue, all pink, etc
something in a different color would have suited the skirt (awesome one) much better

Back
Top Bottom