The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
exactly my thoughts. i expressed this earlier on in this thread, but i doubt the simple reason of having been kidnapped is enough reason to give an award to ingrid, as much as i like her. it hasn't been her choice to be kidnapped, and i doubt anything changed since her kidnapping/released regarding to the FARC. if the horrible circumstances she seemed to have
lived (that we actually don't know fully at the moment) were enough reason to give her an award, then all the other people who have been tortured, kidnapped and murdered also need to be awarded a prize. it's too early in my opinion. the panel would have had to wait for a bit longer to see how she takes her experience to an active involvement in ending or helping with the situation.
I was just about to look for your earlier post that I recalled carlota. I completely agree - it seems that it has become fashionable to be seen with Ingrid and all Heads of State, presidents or royals seem to be keen to jump on that bandwaggon. I don't want to take away anything from what she went through but where is the sense in giving an award to her? The right moment for that would be when there is a legacy, something good that came out of what Ingrid had to endure - eg a helping or advising others, maybe in form of an own trust or charity. For now it's just turning the attention that currently surrounds Ingrid into advertisement or interest for the own award presentation.

Quote:
i saw a picture of letizia's mum in the ceremony. her face seemed to look different (much younger). maybe a tip from letizia?
She looks like she had the same complete makeover like her daughter. No wrinkles, puffy face. Too bad we did not see Grandma Menchu. I wonder if Zarzuela's surgeon of trust had his hands on her face, too, but that would have been quite an expensive botox bill!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Rafael Nadal won also the olympic gold medal, which is highly appreciated not only amongst the people around the world, but also amongst the tennis players, and other athletes.
Age should not be a factor. Rafa has accomplished a lot at such a young age; he deserves the award.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Presentation event of the 2008 Exemplary Village of Asturias Award to Torazu (Asturias)

Now you can watch it here

Radiotelevisión del Principado de Asturias
Old 10-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Gentry

http://mitele.telecinco.es/programas/esta-pasando/50418.shtml

In the first part(report) of the video, podeis to see as a lady asks the Princess helps for a committed murder 10 years ago....
In the second part(report), the princess recognizes between the multitude her former teacher of mathematics... IT IS an enterteining moment because she behaves as a small girl saying to the whole world " he is my teacher of mathematics " jajaja very nice
Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
Yes, an Olympic gold is important, but it's not like Spanish tennis is in such a bad state that Rafa is the only bright thing in it right now that they give the award so soon. Give him a few more years and he'll accomplish more than what he has today, and then that's when the award will truly befit him.

But everything's pointless anymore, the award's already been given to him, and apparently the FPA has a history of giving awards to athletes who are still active. I wonder though, if they will still give him that when he retires.
If the condition(state) of the Spanish tennis is bad(wrong)! How there is that of other countries?!
ATPtennis.com - Noticias del tenis alrededor del mundo
It does not seem that the state of the tennis is so bad in Spain...
The prizes Prince of Asturias, not only they are granted by the sports career(race) of the winning one: also they influence his moral and human attitude...
Rafa is a boy who worries for the others and has a humble attitude ... attitude that the majority of the tennis players do not have, precisely.
Nadal, with only 22 years, has his own(proper) charitable foundation that one dedicates to the social help.
The foundation takes his name: " Foundation Rafael Nadal "

Rafael Nadal - Fundacion Príncipe de Asturias
Old 10-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Princes are present at the premiere of the "alborada " of the awards

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/ne/efe/200810...galardones.jpg
Old 10-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Majesty

this article is quite interesting, it has some interesting anecdotes:

Con su perfil más regio. El Comercio

-it mentions mainly how into her role letizia seemed during the awards. it says that she forgot this time to curtsy the queen upon entry and that when walking to the stage, she acknowledged her mum by lowering her head (pride of a daughter, they call it). apparently ingrid betancourt had some problem when she was receiving the prize (her bra showed) and letizia managed to tell her that (i have no idea how she did it, i didn't notice, although i saw no videos). it also mentions that ingrid made reference to the princes in her speech.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Visit to Torazu

Video

Los vecinos de Torazu celebran con los Príncipes el título de Pueblo Ejemplar - Antena 3 Noticias

http://www.rtpa.es/portal/site/rtpa/...00bb030a0aRCRD
Old 10-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

The neighbors of Torazu celebrate with the Princes the title of Exemplary Village

Photo
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/ne/efe/200810...o-ejemplar.jpg

Gallery LNE

Fotos: 'Torazo, pueblo ejemplar' en La Nueva España
Old 10-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from today:
Diario de Navarra
Diario de Navarra
El Comercio Digital
Daylife
Also the royals eat sometimes...
Daylife

Photos from the Award Ceremony
Photoshot

One photo from "Cruces del Arte"
IBL Bildbyrå

I saw Letizia curtseying the Queen when she and Felipe entered the stage. I don´t remember ever seen that Letizia would curtsey the Queen outside the theater?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
Age should not be a factor. Rafa has accomplished a lot at such a young age; he deserves the award.
Does anyone know the exact prerequisites for this award? Is there any? I think that someone that accomplishes the top in his own field deserves all the recognition he can get for all the years of hard work he endured to get there -- but to be kidnapped [not what the person worked for certainly] and get the same award is baffling. Just my opinion.

Also loved the photo of Letizia's Mom and she looks fantastic for her age -- don't care what she had to do to accomplished it -- attractive woman.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Here´s some information about the Regulation of the Prince of Asturias Award:
Fundacion Principe de Asturias

Hola!/LOS PRÍNCIPES DE ASTURIAS COMPARTEN UNA INOLVIDABLE JORNADA CON LOS VECINOS DE TORAZO
Galerías de ímagenes
Old 10-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Here´s some information about the Regulation of the Prince of Asturias Award:
Fundacion Principe de Asturias
Thanks for share LadyFinn, here is some additional information
The Prince of Asturias Foundation

And this is information about the The Exemplary Town of Asturias Award

Some more photos from today:
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2263231fp7.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2266f31fp2.jpg
http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2264d4fpo7.jpg
http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2271dd7fa7.jpg
http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?i...22734ffiq7.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2276735yc0.jpg
By Daylefe via Reuters

Old 10-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post

-it mentions mainly how into her role letizia seemed during the awards. it says that she forgot this time to curtsy the queen upon entry and that when walking to the stage, she acknowledged her mum by lowering her head (pride of a daughter, they call it). apparently ingrid betancourt had some problem when she was receiving the prize (her bra showed) and letizia managed to tell her that (i have no idea how she did it, i didn't notice, although i saw no videos). it also mentions that ingrid made reference to the princes in her speech.
If I am not mistaken, while I watched the ceremony I saw Princess Letizia curtsy twice to Queen Sofia yesterday: once on her way to the stage and once on the way out.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

A correction..

-it mentions mainly how into her role letizia seemed during the awards. it says that she forgot this time to curtsy the queen upon entry

I want to clarifly that Dona Letizia did not forget to curtsy to Queen, it said in the article and I quote "Entró en el Campoamor del brazo de don Felipe y no olvidó su reverencia a la Reina" ...and she did not forget to curtsy to the Queen...
Old 10-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

One photo from today:
Telecinco
Old 10-26-2008, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia garcia roch View Post

-it mentions mainly how into her role letizia seemed during the awards. it says that she forgot this time to curtsy the queen upon entry

I want to clarifly that Dona Letizia did not forget to curtsy to Queen, it said in the article and I quote "Entró en el Campoamor del brazo de don Felipe y no olvidó su reverencia a la Reina" ...and she did not forget to curtsy to the Queen...
Has anyone seen any pics of Letizia curtseying? If you have could you post a link please?
Old 10-26-2008, 04:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
Has anyone seen any pics of Letizia curtseying? If you have could you post a link please?
I think that the photographers are placed in the Campoamor Theater in such a place, that it is not possible for them to take photo of the moment, when the princess curtseys to the Queen. You can see it from the videos of Felipe and Letizia arriving to the stage.

Lots of photos from yesterday, Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia Visit 2008 Exemplary Town of Asturias
Zimbio
I like this photo a lot:
Zimbio
Old 10-26-2008, 04:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

[quote=LadyFinn;843272]I think that the photographers are placed in the Campoamor Theater in such a place, that it is not possible for them to take photo of the moment, when the princess curtseys to the Queen. You can see it from the videos of Felipe and Letizia arriving to the stage. /quote]

Ah ok thanks. My internet is not up to that at the moment, but maybe I'll get back to it later.

----------------

royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Letizia en Prins Felipe in Oviedo
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/tro...-en-let-4.html
http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/tro...a-en-feli.html

Old 10-26-2008, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia garcia roch View Post

I don't think she would ever forget to curtsy to the Queen. What struck me though when watching the videos from the entry to the theater was that most people who were greated by first Queen Sofia, then Felipe then Letizia did not curtsy at all, not even to the Queen. I'd have expected that at least the Queen would be greated in that respectful manner.