The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2007, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, I think that the work of the Princes in these hearings is important and interesting. They receive in a single day for many people, is an exhausting schedule, and the people is very satisfied with the meetings with them. In addition, they have received people of different social and economic sectors, persons of different ages, persons with different problems ... it is a varied enough vision of the Asturian society. For example, representatives of the Asturian mining, a sector with problems, political, social and historically has been an active sector, which has staged strikes, revolutions ... And therefore ideologically does not seem likely to be very close to the idea of monarchy, have been supported and understood by the Princes and have appreciated the knowledge that they had of their problems.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
Letizia herself looks good but this outfit ... oh no. First thing I thought of is a circus uniform, the trousers ... not elegant enough for the jacket and worst of all open toe plateau high heels with black stockings. Have mercy. The hairdresser still hasn't arrived in Oviedo, probably travels together with Queen Sofia.
I do hope tomorrow is the day Letizia will pull off a proper outfit incl hairstyling.
Quote:
It is too bad you put too much emphasis on Princess Letizia's appearance aand outfits. I am sure there are others who think the important thing is her sincere manner she interacts with people, especially her countrymen. I think the whole of the SRF are known for their rapport with the people, not their fashion sense. I sure hope Letizia's legacy is not that of being a fashion icon.
OK we've been here before; my view is that I cannot really judge Letizia's work because there is not much she does on her own; others might disagree but this is my opinion. I hope though when time passes Letizia will be able to establish her own profile and be recognized for her work; besides looking at her clothing I wouldn't worry about a possible legacy for her as a fashion icon.

Quote:
You are 100% right chuchu, I agree. Is Diana remembered for her style, clothes, hair and jewlery? NO!.

The ENTIRE WORLD remembers her for her humanity and the kind of person she was. Anyways, we do live in a shallow world.
There is a reason why Diana Princess of Wales is not (only) remembered for her style etc but for her work - she had countless patronages and a very substantial agenda of her own; therefore she became one of the most (if not the most) charismatic crown princesses in the world. With all due respect but your above mentioned comparison is one of the most far fetched ones I have ever seen.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:38 AM
Majesty

i was at the concert! well, at the gates, that is :) i had the opportunity to be in oviedo this last 3 days because of other reasons and as i couldn´t be there to see them arrive i decided at 9.20pm to visit the gates of the auditorium as i imagined that would be approximately the time they were going to leave, as concerts last for an hour plus the after-concert greetings. i was lucky enough (after waiting for 30 min, though) to see them coming out and even shake both letizia´s and felipe´s hands. at first it looked like they were going to leave straight away and waved at us (i was more than happy to have seen them, though, i thought i wouldn´t!), but felipe told letizia (while she was telling the crowds something like "we got to leave!") to say hi to a few of us and then felipe joined her as she continued shaking hands with the rest of the line. fortunately they managed to shake hands with about 20 m of line and i was lucky to be in the right place. and yes, the jacket was just gorgeous! i was mentally wowed when i saw them coming out, it did look great! they didn´t speak to us much and just thanked us for being there, but were quite rushing, i assume, and didn´t stop for much longer than 5 minutes.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Aristocracy

wow, I really like that jacket, it's beautiful. But when I saw the rest...OH MY GOD!!! what is she wearing in her feet? I think I am confused because I think I saw pep-toes shoes??? with black stocking? no no, this can't be.

A little comment will be that I think she will be better with gold earrings, but that's just an oppinion, anyway she seems better than last times.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Gosh her jacket is awful, very oldfashion!Sometimes letizia really dissapoints in her choice of clothes! And peep-toe shoes with socks!!!No! But we can assume that is her taste...
Old 10-26-2007, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Raviolis de langostino y vinos Masaveu. El Comercio

Raviolis of prawn and wines Masaveu

The Palace of the Forest of the Zoreda received yesterday its more illustrious guests. The Princes of Asturias accompanied of the patronos of the Foundation that takes the title of the Inheritor for name and other institutional authorities up to reaching the sum of 140 retainers gave appointment yesterday in this new establishment placed in The Manjoya.

This year, the chosen menu was consisting of raviolis of prawns with lobster, sirloin with sauce of boletus and puff-pastry of apple. All this watered with the broths of the house Masaveu, Murua Gran Reserves of 96, and Fillaboa Monte Alto.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Special programme about the Awards at 12.00 a.m.
The Princes of Asturias will receive the awardwinners to the 12.30 in the Lounge Covadonga of the Hotel Reconquista.

Radiotelevisión del Principado de Asturias
Old 10-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The jacket reminds me of the jacket the men wear when bullfighting for some reason. It is not Letizia style at all, also looks big on her. She doesnt seem her self in it imho. She looks lovely & the pictures of her & Felipe are lovely.
Pictures of Letizia with the children are adorable.

Lula,today's event will it be a lunch or just a meeting?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Special programme about the Awards at 12.00 a.m.
The Princes of Asturias will receive the awardwinners to the 12.30 in the Lounge Covadonga of the Hotel Reconquista.

Radiotelevisión del Principado de Asturias
Thanks for the link lula. In previous years I recall that there was always the Recepción oficial a los presidentes de los Jurados de los Premios Príncipe de Asturias, where Letizia wore something red, as tradition, at least when she participated.

Am I wrong? Just wondering why it did not happen this year. THX
Old 10-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Princes will receive in 20 minutes the winning ones, members of the jurors and members of the Foundation. Later the official photo with the winning ones will be done and there will be a lunch.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I see it at live!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Nobility

I had a quick glimpse on TVE, is Letizia wearing her grey pantsuit again?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouwrein View Post
I had a quick glimpse on TVE, is Letizia wearing her grey pantsuit again?
It's a costume, very nice. I had expected someting more colourful but nevertheless I like it.

First pics from Getty http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=1
Old 10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

more pics of today: anp photo:

ANP Beeldbank

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 10-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Nobility

Terra.es
The Princes of Asturias posing with the winners of this edition of the Principe de Asturias Award 2007 in the Campoamor Theater of Oviedo.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...e48f7pring.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2fe5e94bbg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2fe5cec5dg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2fe5b52d4g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2fe5b5e29g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2fe5b3138g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...2fe6772f5g.jpg
Old 10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

a ceremony held 26 October 2007 at the Hotel Reconquista in Oviedo, province of Asturias, ahead of the 2007 Prince of Asturias Award Ceremony which will take place tonight at the Campoamor Theatre (ANP)
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

I'd wished to see Letizia in something with abit more color, though her suit was very well fitted
Old 10-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks all for the pics!
Today Letizia looks nice an a bit tired, of course after the past busy days. The suit is elegant.
I agree with dazzling and Duke of Marmalade, she would have looked nicer with more colour or maybe with a white shirt under the jacket.
I didn't like very much the jacket she wore yesterday, I can't deny it was beautiful but it reminds to me a Russian ( or some other eastern European ) old soldier.
As far as regards the peep toe shoes with stockings, I think they were horrible, really ugly and unelegant, ....... once again.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Commoner

Princess Letizia

How does letizia communicate with non spanish speaking people.(for example AL GORE). Does she speak english?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep1234 View Post
How does letizia communicate with non spanish speaking people.(for example AL GORE). Does she speak english?
According to King Konstantin of Greece, Letizia speaks "Spanglish", i.e. English with a distinct Spanish influence. But I'm sure she can make herself understood, even if her English is not gramatically correct.