The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

( From Hola )

First penelope Cruz had copyed a Letizia's dress, this one she wore the last summer in Sa Pobla, for example! Then she looks very pregnant, isen't It?

Old 10-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think it looks like anything Letizias has worn, not that Penenlope Cruz would need to copy from anything of Letizias wardrobe, she already has the best of the best making clothes for her, even if this is not a winner IMO. Still I think she is so pretty and obiously a very good friend of Almadovar

Old 10-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=...penelope-a.jpg ( From Hola )

First penelope Cruz had copyed a Letizia's dress, this one she wore the last summer in Sa Pobla, for example! Then she looks very pregnant, isen't It?
the dress penelope cruz wore is not at all a copy of letizia's summer dress, since the 'white' cape is not a dress, but a cape. the actual dress is a simple black dress, although it may look similar to the openwork dress letizia wore last summer, since it's a similar design idea. penelope's dress and 'coat' can be seen at vogue, for example, on the catwalk of oscar de la renta.

i adored letizia's shoes, they look gorgeous (who is the designer? perhaps manolo blahnik?). would be nice to have a high quality photo of letizia's dress, looks like it's got lots of details in it....
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Thanks for the explanation lula ..
I think Penelope's dress is very similiar but not an exact copy.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Independently of their clothes, the attitude of Pedro Almodovar and Penélope Cruz, it belonged to persons badly polite, I still do not understand why the Foundation allowed this attitude. Evidently Penelope has obtained many advertising.

All the winning ones come in their cars alone, relatives and friends come to the theatre before and they place in the places that they have reserve. Penelope Cruz was not anybody to come in the car with Pedro Almodovar, and to want to monopolize a protagonism that was not her. The protagonists are the winning ones, and not an actress who is a friend of a winning one.
Really it looked like to me a very ugly gesture for with the rest of rewarded and their families; since for example, the wife and children of Cirac, or the wife and the daughter of Auster.

Persons much more important than they, they have not had this attitude.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

You're right lula, i was also wondering why they allowed Penelope to accompany Almodovar while the rest of the awardees were alone, maybe because she's a big star in spain?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Royal Highness

LFI

http://www.lfi.co.uk/dynevent-action...eventid=339116

Old 10-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianne
You're right lula, i was also wondering why they allowed Penelope to accompany Almodovar while the rest of the awardees were alone, maybe because she's a big star in spain?
I don´t know, I believe that there has been something strange.
Or it has been some type of Almodovar's caprice and not to have problems they have allowed it to him; or for some reason they have wanted to support them in their career the Oscar allowing them this.

The winning ones are always important persons, often much more important than Pedro and Penelope. And these things are not in the habit of happening. I do not believe that it is because they are Spanish. An example, last year Fernando Alonso was receiving the prize in his natal city, with a city that encourages him to the maximum and is his major fan. He was the most awaited and he was most acclaimed. But he came as the rest of rewarded; and his guests, who were his family and Flavio Briatore, came when was corresponding to them.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Almodovar should have gone just like the others rewarded... but well he did not...
Old 10-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Yes, it was a bit odd to see Penelope Cruz over the blue carpet, especially because she's no relative to Almodover... at least in the case of Bill Gates' father, he was accompanied by his wife...
Old 10-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Royal Highness

wireimage

Old 10-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica
I love the 3rd picture wherein Q Sofia gives Letizia a hand while walking. She must be really proud waiting for her 8th grandchild.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Fisrt, it's obvious that Penelope Cruz don't need to copy the Princess of Astrias to be the beautyfull actress that she his.

Then, it's true that her dress it's not a "copy" in the narrow sens of the word but it was very similar of one that the Princess wore the last summer.

To end, I'm sure that Penelope Cruz can to buy for her many more somptuous dresses come from the most important designers in the world because.... she is more richest than the Princess....Understatment.

But why she was here and not the other spanish actresses who are mad ythe carreer of Almodovar?.....Because the promotion of the last film? May be it's not a a caprice of Almodovar but a wish of the productors...
Old 10-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Nobility

Maybe it's just that Almovodar wanted Penelope to walk with him because she's his favourite actress. Maybe he invited her to thank her, to pay a tribute to her because he considers that his work wouldn't encounter the same succes without her work as an actress. He always says that without Penelope playing as an actress in them his movies wouldn't be the same and wouldn't produce the same effect. Even if they're not relatives, everybody knows how close these two are.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think this is the right thread to make comparisons between the outfits of the Princess of Asturias and Penelope Cruz, so let's stay slighlty closer to the topic.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Letizia is a wonderful representative for the spanish royal family and she will make an excellant queen to follow in the footsteps of sophia.
both royal ladies look amazing especially letizia as the rose colour is perfect for her and very motherly!!

Old 10-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Article from hola (btw. they have changed the design of their page!!!):

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006...ncipe-sariego/

(...)
The Prince receives numerous gifts
Between gaitas and groups folkloric the Prince arrived to the Public School Salvador Vega Berros, place in which he was awaited for a good group of students and where Don Felipe did not stop to play and to laugh with the small ones, confessing to them that: “Leonor already walks taken of the hand”. The heir, received numerous gifts during his visit, patucos, escarpines and a pair of madreñas, typical shoes for the regional dance, not only for Infanta Leonor, but also for his future child. After leaving the school, Prince de Asturias went to the football ground of the locality where he was present at an ample exhibition of rural sports, among them a demonstration of esfoyaza, to pelar mazorca and to clean the maize, or the short one of trunks, moment about which the heir to the crown did not think and took it twice an enormous mountain range and began to saw a wood trunk of a great dimension. After this exercise Don Felipe put point and end to his visit with a typical Asturian food accompanied by “culín” of cider.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

From seegerpress

Old 10-23-2006, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

From deadline

Gallery

http://www.deadline-press.com/fotowe...AlfaNumericAsc
Old 10-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria
I love the 3rd picture wherein Q Sofia gives Letizia a hand while walking. She must be really proud waiting for her 8th grandchild.
Or to prevent her from breaching protocol...walking on front of the Queen??