The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-15-2006, 05:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lula, many thanks for your excellent translation. It's a true plaseare to can read this paper so fast in the two languages. Many thanks again.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks, Lula, for the articles. After the wait, they did not disappoint. The inside story on the beginnings of the Foundation and on how the prince grew up with it was a pleasure to read. The 2004 awards, which Felipe and Letizia jointly presided for the first time, was obviously special for both. I can't wait to see them together again in the awards come Friday.

As for the article written by Felipe... those in Spain must be proud of their very insightful Crown Prince, who has an admirable vision of the world. Aside from his work, I read through some other articles in the special, particularly the one by Claudio Magris.

Magris was obviously impressed with the SRF (particularly the Queen, the Prince and the Princess of Asturias, whom he has met during the awarding ceremony) as he ended his piece (El color de Asturias) with this paragraph:

"I am, by familiar tradition and personal conviction, an old republican, educated in the political convictions of Mazzini and its incorrigible republicanism, but in the Oviedo of the Prince of Asturias Prizes, there is a strong temptation to become monarchists…"

Old 10-15-2006, 07:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartheina
Thanks, Lula, for the articles. After the wait, they did not disappoint. The inside story on the beginnings of the Foundation and on how the prince grew up with it was a pleasure to read. The 2004 awards, which Felipe and Letizia jointly presided for the first time, was obviously special for both. I can't wait to see them together again in the awards come Friday.

As for the article written by Felipe... those in Spain must be proud of their very insightful Crown Prince, who has an admirable vision of the world. Aside from his work, I read through some other articles in the special, particularly the one by Claudio Magris.

Magris was obviously impressed with the SRF (particularly the Queen, the Prince and the Princess of Asturias, whom he has met during the awarding ceremony) as he ended his piece (El color de Asturias) with this paragraph:

"I am, by familiar tradition and personal conviction, an old republican, educated in the political convictions of Mazzini and its incorrigible republicanism, but in the Oviedo of the Prince of Asturias Prizes, there is a strong temptation to become monarchists…"
Thanks Katherina for the link. I'm just reed the article with a great interest. It's a kind of advice very noticebl from part of such writor.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you lula for your prompt translation. A very good and interesting reading.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Thank you Lula! This translation is much appreciated.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the translation of the article. Felipe and especially Letizia are often described as not very competent or worthy of being considered royals on other boards. I believe they will become the royal couple that sets the standard of committment and "national identity" of the monarchies. They are very impressive. Spain is very fortunate.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love those two articles, they are so interesting! I loved esp. the part dedicated to Felipe's second speech on PPA and Letizia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
A couple of years later, in September, 1981, one day, to the return of the college, they said to the Prince that he was going to be present " at a very nice act in Asturias ", and that he had to read a speech.
Hahaha! Poor kid, he wasn't even conscious what it turns out to be in the future

Old 10-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

The article has not been exempt from polemic. The Royal Family grants few interviews, and now many mass media are angered because they have not been they those who have published the first article (though only they should be 3 normal enough photos) of the Princes.

Though some of them say that it is the first time that does this to itself, it is not true. In his 38 years of life already some interview has been done to the Prince in other private mass media. In this forum there are some front pages of ancient interviews, for example, in the Hola. Neither it is the first time that a member of the Royal Family writes a text for a way of communication or for a book. The same Kings have their official biographies realized by Villalonga and Pilar Urbano respectively, after many private interviews.

But this one is the first one in that Letizia appears, and it has provoked the infantile anger of many. It is sad that the press behaves this way. I observe with envy that in other countries the members of the Royal Families grant interviews to diverse mass media, and it does not happen at all. In Spain the clashes between the mass media, often owed different ideological and political currents provoke strange situations. El Pais in a newspaper of liberal and progressive ideology, of left sides ... and it angers furthermore many people.

To part of this part of polemic, the certain thing it is that I personally am delighted with this article and with the special one of El Pais (In spite of the fact that I am not the reading habitual one of the newspaper). No national newspaper has made the special one seemed on the XXV Anniversary of the Prizes, anniversary that concludes this Friday, more of 100 pages with several articles and interviews to rewarded. The own newspaper was rewarded by the prize in 1983, and today in day it is the newspaper most sold in Spain. For all that, and over economic, political motivations and of interesses created ... I believe that the Prince has done very well in collaborating in this special number. The article of the Prince does not stop being a summary of what in these years has exhibited in his speeches.

The Prizes Prince of Asturias are one of the principal acts of the work of the Prince, and the speech that in them he declares is more important than declares every year. His word in this article they are words of gratefulness to the Kings, to his wife, to the persons who allow that this project should take end and the winning ones to itself. It is the importantly, though since always some of them were continuing interested parties in indicating the superficial thing and in creating polemic.

I hope that the press thinks, think and accept this of a mature form, so that in the future we could enjoy more articles where the Princes speak about their work, where gather their experiences and their ideas. Because undoubtedly this it is the best way of knowing them, and of knowing their work.

If someone has interest the web of the Foundation it gathers all the speeches of the Prince.
http://www.fundacionprincipedeasturi.../05/index.html