The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Royal Highness

Felipe's beard

They're back!!! I just saw in Elmundo.es a picture of them both before attending a mass today. Prince Felipe is now sporting a beard and mustache.

Old 06-24-2004, 08:10 AM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally posted by ennyllorac@Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:43 am
They're back!!! I just saw in Elmundo.es a picture of them both before attending a mass today. Prince Felipe is now sporting a beard and mustache.
I absolutely love the beard! I have always loved to see P Felipe with a beard. He's now more gorgeuos than ever.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Courtier

I just found this pics from the couple, just after their arrival in Madrid. Letizia looks realy tired (maybe because a big return trip from the Fiji island )

Old 06-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

I'm so happy that they're back. I was looking forward to this more than the return of F&M. I must say that Prince Felipe looks very VERY sexy with that beard... Letizia, herself, looks wonderful with that lovely tan.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

felipe is much more handsome with beard! i'm sure letizia had something to be with that change! :) it seems to me it was her suggestion...
by the way, letizia looks a bit tired...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Serene Highness

Before he became engaged, I could never understand the fascination with Prince Felipe. I admit now that I was wrong. That beard is just WAY too sexy.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

Okay Lyonnaise, I was just about to agree with you until you said the beard is sexy! :flower: Just a personal thing I guess, but I don't like beards and goatees of any kind. I don't like itchy, scratchy facial hair.

I agree with you on one point though. I, too have never understood the fascination with Felipe. I guess you could say he is just not the kind of guy to float my boat. I'll take Frederik over him any day. :crush: I don't think he is unattractive per se, he is just not my type. Maybe it is the height thing. I'm only 5'2". I don't like tall guys to make me feel even shorter than I already am!
Old 06-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriella@Jun 27th, 2004 - 11:36 am
Okay Lyonnaise, I was just about to agree with you until you said the beard is sexy! :flower: Just a personal thing I guess, but I don't like beards and goatees of any kind. I don't like itchy, scratchy facial hair.

I agree with you on one point though. I, too have never understood the fascination with Felipe. I guess you could say he is just not the kind of guy to float my boat. I'll take Frederik over him any day. :crush: I don't think he is unattractive per se, he is just not my type. Maybe it is the height thing. I'm only 5'2". I don't like tall guys to make me feel even shorter than I already am!
The funny thing Gabriella, is that I don't like beards also. However, there's something very "manly" about the way he looks with it. :P If he were my husband though, I'd probably demand he shaved it off after two days!!

Unfortunately, I couldn't understand the Prince Frederik thing even more!! I always thought that Joachim was the elder brother for some strange reason and when I found out that Frederik was the crown prince, I thought that there was a medical/personal reason that prevented Joachim from being CP. Wasn't I red in the face when I found out that Frederik was actually the elder son!!

As for the height thing- Letizia has given short girls like me hope. I'm only 5'1 and I love taller guys. I've told my friends and family that I'm planning to marry some basketball player in the near future!!
Old 06-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

imho Felipe comes across better when he is clean shaven.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 27th, 2004 - 12:55 pm
i like him more with the beard...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota+Jun 27th, 2004 - 6:16 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carlota @ Jun 27th, 2004 - 6:16 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-King Christian@Jun 27th, 2004 - 12:55 pm
i like him more with the beard... [/b][/quote]
I like him in both ways :P
Old 06-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

Men are allowed to keep accessories once in a while. It is a phase they go through. At this point he needs some decoration, and the bear foots the bill. Why do you girls complain about? You are not allowed to touch so there is no itchy scratchy whinys until letty put a stop to it.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lyonnaise+Jun 27th, 2004 - 12:28 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lyonnaise &#064; Jun 27th, 2004 - 12:28 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Gabriella@Jun 27th, 2004 - 11:36 am
Okay Lyonnaise, I was just about to agree with you until you said the beard is sexy&#33;&nbsp; :flower:&nbsp; Just a personal thing I guess, but I don&#39;t like beards and goatees of any kind. I don&#39;t like itchy, scratchy facial hair.

I agree with you on one point though. I, too have never understood the fascination with Felipe. I guess you could say he is just not the kind of guy to float my boat. I&#39;ll take Frederik over him any day.&nbsp; :crush:&nbsp; I don&#39;t think he is unattractive per se, he is just not my type. Maybe it is the height thing. I&#39;m only 5&#39;2". I don&#39;t like tall guys to make me feel even shorter than I already am&#33;
The funny thing Gabriella, is that I don&#39;t like beards also. However, there&#39;s something very "manly" about the way he looks with it. :P If he were my husband though, I&#39;d probably demand he shaved it off after two days&#33;&#33;

Unfortunately, I couldn&#39;t understand the Prince Frederik thing even more&#33;&#33; I always thought that Joachim was the elder brother for some strange reason and when I found out that Frederik was the crown prince, I thought that there was a medical/personal reason that prevented Joachim from being CP. Wasn&#39;t I red in the face when I found out that Frederik was actually the elder son&#33;&#33;

As for the height thing- Letizia has given short girls like me hope. I&#39;m only 5&#39;1 and I love taller guys. I&#39;ve told my friends and family that I&#39;m planning to marry some basketball player in the near future&#33;&#33;[/b][/quote]
Funny, I thought Joachim was the older brother too. Frederik seems like an overgrown boy and I can&#39;t take him seriously at all. It&#39;s all a matter of taste.

As for Letizia--she&#39;s not short, she just looks small next to Felipe. Unless you think 5&#39;6/5&#39;7 is short--I think it&#39;s average height.

In any case, I love this picture and think the white pant suit looks fantastic on her.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Royal Highness

his beard might be looking better .... but imho it still doesn&#39;t suit him.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Majesty

how long were they away
Old 12-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

1 month, i think.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
1 month, i think.
thank you

did the press always know where they were
Old 09-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
thank you

did the press always know where they were
Just for the first part of it. They made a tour through Spain and afterwards they visited Petra, in Jordan.

After they left Jordan, no one know for where they went.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from the honeymoon:
JCCM: Gobierno de Castilla-La Mancha
LaNacion
LaNacion
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Photos from the honeymoon:

LaNacion