The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Courtier

More pictures from their "honeymoon". I hope these haven't been posted already....if they have, sorry... :flower:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CF...0|7|letizia&p=7

I like the one where Felipe hits his head on the ceiling thing...I guess he still underestimates his height!

Old 05-25-2004, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

lots of photos in colourpress of zaragoza's visit

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Yahoo! News
Spain's Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia walk throught the town of Sos del Rey Catolico, Spain Tuesday May 25, 2004. The couple are touring Spain on their honeymoon. (AP Photo/EFE, Javier Cebollada)

Old 05-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Courtier

More pics from today and an article from El Mundo (In spanish)

Saluting the crowd in Sos del Rey Católico

In Arzak restaurant balcony in Olite (Navarra)

In La Concha beach in San Sebastian

A very sweet one on the beach

The article
Old 05-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Courtier

They look to be having a glorious time and I'm glad they are. They look very relaxed and happy. :flower:
Old 05-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you xicamaluca for your effort in posting a link to all those pictures. Mucho appreciated. :flower:
Old 05-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 25th, 2004 - 7:54 pm
Thank you xicamaluca for your effort in posting a link to all those pictures. Mucho appreciated. :flower:
You're welcome King Christian :flower: I took a while to figure that was my name written in those brigth colours :P
Old 05-25-2004, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Caption:
SAN SEBASTIAN, SPAIN: Spanish Crown Prince of Asturias, Felipe of Bourbon ® touches his head after hitting it with the top of the window as he comes out to salute the crowd with his wife Princess of Asturias Letizia Ortiz (L), the balcony of Restaurant Arzak where they had lunch 25 May 2004 from in the northern Spanish Basque city of San Sebastian. AFP PHOTO / RAFA RIVAS (Photo credit should read RAFA RIVAS/AFP/Getty Images)

1 :P

Caption:
SAN SEBASTIAN, SPAIN: Spanish Crown Prince of Asturias Felipe of Bourbon ® and his wife Princess of Asturias Letizia Ortiz (L), salute the crowd from the balcony of the Restaurant Arzak where they had lunch, 25 May 2004, in the northern Spanish Basque city of San Sebastian. AFP PHOTO / RAFA RIVAS (Photo credit should read RAFA RIVAS/AFP/Getty Images)

Polfoto 25-05-2004 Spain's Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia walk through an arch in the castle of Olite, Spain Tuesday May 25, 2004. The couple are touring Spain on their honeymoon. (AP Photo/EFE, Jesus Diges) ** SPAIN OUT **

In San Sebastian

Old 05-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Great photos, everybody. I guess he does not realize just how tall he is sometimes. Poor guy. That must have hurt too.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Courtier

Wow! The pics were just great! Thks Dennism, Xicamaluca and everyone else..
Maybe they didn't show too much emotions during the wedding but there's no question that they're in love! It's just so sweet to see pics of them smiling and holding hands together.

i think it's wonderful PR to do a short tour of spain during their honeymoon...to get close to the pple who's support they need to maintain the crown. Then off to much need R&R after the Jodan wedding!
Old 05-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Commoner

I agree.. very democratic.. and good for the people to get to know them .. in a relaxed way .. what country ever got to know its royals this way ? "0" good for them .. !.. happy times.. hope this time next year.. .. they have a baby.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Queen of Portugal@May 25th, 2004 - 10:07 pm
I agree.. very democratic.. and good for the people to get to know them .. in a relaxed way .. what country ever got to know its royals this way ? "0" good for them .. !.. happy times.. hope this time next year.. .. they have a baby.
I can not get over this PR masterstroke. I mean I wonder if they decided ahead of time to do this which I think they did. They knew that the wedding was going to take place in a slightly depressed mood. But then to go out among the "people" as it were was brilliant. The people love them! And the places they picked were good too. Not the biggest cities where the amount of people would just be unbearable. Also they are used to the celebrities but go to these great historical places. Brilliant!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I would also say, that this is a big PR-coup. But maybe also a great chance for them to have a quiet and relaxing honeymoon later, when there are less cameras on the newlyweds...
Old 05-26-2004, 06:29 AM
Majesty

Great photos. Thanks for posting them. Great to see them having fun and this time, the crowds seemed to be off into some distance a little bit so they have some privacy out in public.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:48 AM
Heir Apparent

colourpress has some nice photos of the honeymoon
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by nouwrein@May 26th, 2004 - 10:24 am
More pics from IS

The couple in Pamplona now
those pics were taken in San Sebastian (the ones in the beach) and in Olite :flower: They didn't went to Pamplona. Now, they have a relax day and tomorrow they will travel to Jordan, to assist the royal wedding

I leave you the links from the pics from colourpress that carlota spoke :)

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia in Sos del Rey Catolico
Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia spent the second night of their honeymoon in the small village of Sos del Rey Catolico, where King Fernando The Catholic was born.

pics

Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia in Olite
Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia in Olite (Navarra), where they visited the Castle and walked down the streets surrounded by its some 3,000 inhabitants.

pics

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia in San Sebastian
Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia arrived in San Sebastian, where they enjoyed a nice meal at Arzak Restaurant, invited by cook Juan Mari Arzak himself, one of them most important Spanish cooks in the world.

pics
Old 05-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Courtier

A map with the spanish cities that the couple visited :flower:

the map

An article (in spanish) from El mundo that says everything about yesterday and the rest of the honeymoon. Also reveals that Felipe and Letizia will travel tomorrow to Amãn and that Queen Sofia and the Infantas are already on their way to Jordan

the article
Old 05-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Courtier

These are such great pictures and I appreciate all the efforts of the LTRers to bring them on to the board. They look very sweet together. :flower:
Old 05-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Majesty

More from IS:

NEWLY WEDS PRINCE FELIPE AND LETIZIA VISITED YESTERDAY
DURING THEIR HONEYMOON THE CHILLIDA MUSEUM WITH THE
WIDOW AND SOME OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY OF
THE ARTISt