The Prince and Princess of Asturias's Honeymoon: May-June 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree.. very democratic.. and good for the people to get to know them .. in a relaxed way .. what country ever got to know its royals this way ? "0" good for them .. !.. happy times.. hope this time next year.. .. they have a baby.

Originally posted by Queen of Portugal@May 25th, 2004 - 10:07 pm
I agree.. very democratic.. and good for the people to get to know them .. in a relaxed way .. what country ever got to know its royals this way ? "0" good for them .. !.. happy times.. hope this time next year.. .. they have a baby.
I can not get over this PR masterstroke. I mean I wonder if they decided ahead of time to do this which I think they did. They knew that the wedding was going to take place in a slightly depressed mood. But then to go out among the "people" as it were was brilliant. The people love them! And the places they picked were good too. Not the biggest cities where the amount of people would just be unbearable. Also they are used to the celebrities but go to these great historical places. Brilliant!

I would also say, that this is a big PR-coup. But maybe also a great chance for them to have a quiet and relaxing honeymoon later, when there are less cameras on the newlyweds...

Great photos. Thanks for posting them. Great to see them having fun and this time, the crowds seemed to be off into some distance a little bit so they have some privacy out in public.

colourpress has some nice photos of the honeymoon

Originally posted by nouwrein@May 26th, 2004 - 10:24 am
More pics from IS

The couple in Pamplona now
those pics were taken in San Sebastian (the ones in the beach) and in Olite :flower: They didn't went to Pamplona. Now, they have a relax day and tomorrow they will travel to Jordan, to assist the royal wedding ;)

I leave you the links from the pics from colourpress that carlota spoke :)

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia in Sos del Rey Catolico
Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia spent the second night of their honeymoon in the small village of Sos del Rey Catolico, where King Fernando The Catholic was born.

pics

Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia in Olite
Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia in Olite (Navarra), where they visited the Castle and walked down the streets surrounded by its some 3,000 inhabitants.

pics

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia in San Sebastian
Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia arrived in San Sebastian, where they enjoyed a nice meal at Arzak Restaurant, invited by cook Juan Mari Arzak himself, one of them most important Spanish cooks in the world.

pics

A map with the spanish cities that the couple visited :flower:

the map

An article (in spanish) from El mundo that says everything about yesterday and the rest of the honeymoon. Also reveals that Felipe and Letizia will travel tomorrow to Amãn and that Queen Sofia and the Infantas are already on their way to Jordan ;)

the article

These are such great pictures and I appreciate all the efforts of the LTRers to bring them on to the board. They look very sweet together. :flower: :heart: :heart:

More from IS:

NEWLY WEDS PRINCE FELIPE AND LETIZIA VISITED YESTERDAY
DURING THEIR HONEYMOON THE CHILLIDA MUSEUM WITH THE
WIDOW AND SOME OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY OF
THE ARTISt

Here are a few from IBL:

05/23/2004. Newly wed royal couple Prince and Princess of Asturia start their honeymoon with the medieval town of Cuanca, in Cuenca,

Prince Felipe of Spain and wife Letizia visit the Pilar basilica. , 05/24/2004. Prince and Princess of Asturia touring around Spain for their Honeymoon: after two days in Cuenca, they arrived in Zaragoza.,

5/25/2004. Prince Felipe and wife Letizia on honeymon in San Sebastian, Spain.

THE NEWLY WEDS PRINCE FELIPE AND PRINCESS LETIZIA
CONCLUDED THEIR HONEYMOON SAN SEBASTIAN
5/25/04

IS

Originally posted by Princepessa@May 26th, 2004 - 4:50 pm
That was a rather short honeymoon.
They are attending the Jordanian wedding on Wednesday/Thursday. They'll probably be going away for another "honeymoon" after that.

Princepessa  Posted: May 26th, 2004 - 4:50 pm

I think royals don't have some of the privileges of the common (you and me) folk. No "kicking back, think I'll go fishing now". Just ambassadors of the state, and hence in service every minute of every day to the needs of the nation. A terrible bother ... to keep polishing the image.

Originally posted by Lyonnaise+May 26th, 2004 - 10:25 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lyonnaise @ May 26th, 2004 - 10:25 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Princepessa@May 26th, 2004 - 4:50 pm
They are attending the Jordanian wedding on Wednesday/Thursday. They'll probably be going away for another "honeymoon" after that. [/b][/quote]
The Royal Yate (Fortuna) has left the winter harbor and is now on the harbor near to Marivent Royal Palace in Maiorca. It's probably that will be used by Felipe and Letizia ;) It's also very likely that the couple will visit the Pope in Rome, just like the Kings and the infantas did on their honeymoon.

Hello! Magazine

Felipe and Letizia honeymoon in the lost city of Petra

After enjoying one of the most spectacular weddings of recent years, Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia have been taking in one of the world's most breath-taking sights.

Looking happy and relaxed, the newlyweds left behind the formality of royal life during a honeymoon visit to Jordan's spectacular lost city of Petra. Felipe, who sported an open-necked shirt and a few days' stubble, gently held his new bride's hand as she leaned towards him intimately. Letizia was looking equally casual in a loose white shirt and stripey cotton trousers which were a world away from the sharp suits and Hollywood-style gowns she has been seen in recently.

Hidden away on the edges of the Wadi Rum desert, the ancient city is carved directly into the mountains. The lost civilization of the Nabateans carved temples, monasteries, homes and even a stadium into the hard sandstone. The complexity of the structures, which include roads and irrigation systems, is a tribute to the genius of its one-time inhabitants.

In its heyday, from 400 BC to 100 AD, Petra was home to around 30,000 people. Its location gave it control over the Arabian trade routes, and the city became an important commercial centre. But successive invasions and earthquakes took their toll and eventually it became a ghost town.

Thanks in part to its appearance in the film Indian Jones and The Last Crusade, Petra is once again attracting visitors. Those wanting to marvel at its beauty must travel through a 1.5-kilometre gorge, with 100-metre cliffs on each side, before arriving in the main square.

Originally posted by xicamaluca+Jun 1st, 2004 - 7:37 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xicamaluca @ Jun 1st, 2004 - 7:37 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lyonnaise@Jun 1st, 2004 - 12:32 pm
where's Letizia?
Taking a photo of Felipe ;) I saw it on tv :p [/b][/quote]
I figured as much. But with whenever I see any of the princes in a photo by themselves, I automatically start looking for their better halves :p

Good choice. Petra is such a beautiful place. I hope they had a great time. The Wadi Rum desert was also in Lawrence of Arabia which is a much better film than Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

did you like leti's trousers? :doh: :yuk:

apparently the king and queen of sweden and duchess maria teresa were also there.

Seems that the next point of the honeymoon will be in mexico ;) They will spend some days in Los Cabos beach resort, after ghvisit some european cities (including Rome and a possible visit to the pope).

It's scedualed that they will return to Spain before June 24, that is the day that King Juan Carlos celebrates is "onomástica" (The Saint Juan Day - something like the Queen Day in the Netherlands ;) ).

I love this gorgeous couple :heart: . Thanks for the beautiful pics xicamaluca. I wish them to enjoy their private 'Luna de Miel', they deserve it :flower:

I can't wait till June 24 to see new pics of them :flower: I wonder what Letizia will wear this time

Have you noticed that when they went to Denmark, Letizia wore red - the color of the Danish flag. And in Jordan, she wore green, though not the same shade but still close to the color of the Jordanian flag ;)

Back
Top Bottom