The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 04-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,648
Telma Ortiz's Case Against the Paparazzi Press; April 2008

Telma & Enrique decided to go to court regarding the constant harrassment of the paparazzi and their pictures being spread all over the papers. Will be interesting to see the outcome of this since a balance needs to be found between Telma the private person / Telma the sister of the future Queen of Spain (keeping in mind that she does not raise any interest in her person herself, unlike eg Henar, who is more or less left alone, I wonder why?) without touching the sensitive spanish topic "freedom of speech".
Good decision, finally somebody from the Rocasolano family (who are very private indeed) stands up for their rights as Zarzuela keeps ignoring the subject. If they succeed maybe this will lead to a positive impact on Carla, too.
Vanitatis.com - Telma y Enrique, una “pareja normal” que pide al juez callar a la prensa
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
RhapsodyBrat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cavite City, Philippines
Posts: 1,399
Hmm, they have a rather long list of respondents in that complaint...but good for them. It's about time they were left alone. They don't owe the entire country every update on whatever it is that's going on in their lives because they're private people, who just happened to be related to someone famous.

It's even harder for Paloma. I remember seeing one video where she was being followed by news crews as she was walking home, asking her about a supposed romance with a co-worker. They even showed her a magazine with a photo of her and the guy. And to be treated like that, isn't that insulting? But, gracious as she is, she even answered "No" with a smile.

I hope the press then reciprocates the graciousness by finally refraining from pestering them every now and then, before a full-blown lawsuit gets in the way.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-15-2008, 11:58 AM
princess leonor's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ciutat Comtal, Spain
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Telma & Enrique decided to go to court regarding the constant harrassment of the paparazzi and their pictures being spread all over the papers. Will be interesting to see the outcome of this since a balance needs to be found between Telma the private person / Telma the sister of the future Queen of Spain (keeping in mind that she does not raise any interest in her person herself, unlike eg Henar, who is more or less left alone, I wonder why?) without touching the sensitive spanish topic "freedom of speech".
Good decision, finally somebody from the Rocasolano family (who are very private indeed) stands up for their rights as Zarzuela keeps ignoring the subject. If they succeed maybe this will lead to a positive impact on Carla, too.
Vanitatis.com - Telma y Enrique, una “pareja normal” que pide al juez callar a la prensa
Good for Telma and Enrique. I really hope this will work and the press will give them the peace they probably some much long for. Even though Telma is Letizia's sister, she is still not a public figure, and it would be really good if the press would stop chasing after her, and indeed also Carla.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Great move from Telma and Enrique (it helps when your partner is a lawyer ), even some pink press journalists (ex. Ana Rosa) admitted the other day that Telma should be left alone. I'm sure they will score at least a partial win if not a complete win. The British paparazzis are about the worst, they had never been harrassing Diana's silblings (when Diana was still alive) the way the Spanish paparazzis had been doing to Erika and Telma.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 629
I don't really understand their obsession with her. She's not a celebrity or a public figure, but they would go to great lengths to capture her photos. Does she really sell magazines? I don't understand why they're so interested in her just because she's the sister of the Princess of Asturias. I remember they even went all the way to Cape Verde and Indonesia to take pictures of her on duty.
And I read from another news online ( http://www.monarquiaconfidencial.com/pg_Articulo.aspx?IdObjeto=343), "Without waiting for the decision of the judge, photojournalists, who took guard in vain at the hospital where she gave birth Telma Ortiz and at the entrances of the Civil Registry of the street Pradillo, have decided to write a letter in which asks the sister of the Princess of Asturias to provide them with a photo with their daughter to avoid subjecting it to continue monitoring strange and fruitless pursuits." Unbelievable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-16-2008, 04:26 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher View Post
"Without waiting for the decision of the judge, photojournalists, who took guard in vain at the hospital where she gave birth Telma Ortiz and at the entrances of the Civil Registry of the street Pradillo, have decided to write a letter in which asks the sister of the Princess of Asturias to provide them with a photo with their daughter to avoid subjecting it to continue monitoring strange and fruitless pursuits." Unbelievable.
Indeed. I don't get it either. There are even AAA class celebritites or sports people (eg Michael Schumacher) who decided from the beginning that there won't be any pictures of their children in the papers AT ALL, not even the usual happy family after birth picture. And, guess what, the media respects that decision. No idea what is so fascinating about the private citizen Telma Ortiz that they even ask for kind of an "offical" picture of her daughter combined with the threat of further harrassment if she doesn't agree
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-16-2008, 04:31 AM
ikram's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PARIS, France
Posts: 431
i think paparazzi harrassment could be very hard to live, every day , all day long ,every night especially when you'are not a "star"
Telma is not Princess, actress, famous journalist, writer or politic Woman
she is just sister of famous person
she did not anythink to be famous, to be known
she did not asking for nothing
i think she is right to ask for anonymous except when she appears in public event lin the chrtitenning of one of children princess....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-16-2008, 05:03 AM
Paty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher View Post
( http://www.monarquiaconfidencial.com/pg_Articulo.aspx?IdObjeto=343), "Without waiting for the decision of the judge, photojournalists, who took guard in vain at the hospital where she gave birth Telma Ortiz and at the entrances of the Civil Registry of the street Pradillo, have decided to write a letter in which asks the sister of the Princess of Asturias to provide them with a photo with their daughter to avoid subjecting it to continue monitoring strange and fruitless pursuits." Unbelievable.
I can´t belive it!!!!! Soo. She has to posed with her baby......But... she don´t whant!!!!!! and it´s her right
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,648
Revista ¡HOLA! - Sumario

HOLA claims that Telma and her family will leave Spain in the next months.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-2008, 08:59 AM
RhapsodyBrat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cavite City, Philippines
Posts: 1,399
Red face

okay, this is really silly, but I was searching for some other info about Instituto Cervantes's Día del Libro event (which will take place on Saturday here in Manila) and I stumbled upon this old photo of Telma sitting at one of the tables at last year's Día del Libro:
Dia del Libro at Instituto Cervantes « twinkililing

The guy beside her is Señor Manolo, head of IC de Manila's library.

I tried to take a photo of her that day too (that was the second time I saw her), but this was all I could manage:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...e/DSC07323.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-17-2008, 09:04 AM
nouwrein's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 462
Thank you for sharing your photo here with us RhapsodyBrat :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-19-2008, 04:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Indeed. I don't get it either. There are even AAA class celebritites or sports people (eg Michael Schumacher) who decided from the beginning that there won't be any pictures of their children in the papers AT ALL, not even the usual happy family after birth picture. And, guess what, the media respects that decision. No idea what is so fascinating about the private citizen Telma Ortiz that they even ask for kind of an "offical" picture of her daughter combined with the threat of further harrassment if she doesn't agree
The main reason is that Ortiz-Rocasolano were vulnerable, the tabloids felt they could do whatever they wanted. Zapatero told the tabloids to remove the pictures of his two daughters and don't ever take the pictures of his daughters again, the press obeyed. Thank god that Telma's partner is a lawyer now, let the court decide whether the so called 'freedom of press' claimed by the yellow press really steps out of boundary.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2008, 07:10 AM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,061
the letizia´s sister does not act correctly
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-20-2008, 07:28 AM
princess leonor's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ciutat Comtal, Spain
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi View Post
the letizia´s sister does not act correctly
Why would you say that? Telma has every right in the world to claim her privacy, she's not a public figure and should be left alone!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-20-2008, 07:32 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi View Post
the letizia´s sister does not act correctly
The press does not act correctly. She the only thing that she has done is to defend herself from the attitude of a press to which nobody seems to want to put limits.

To chase, to harass, to attack, to threaten a person is not to act correctly ... to chase for 4 months a pregnancy woman by the whole Spain, to wait for her at the edge of her house, to cross the car, to end to blows for a photo ... it is own of delinquents not of serious journalists.


The freedom of expression that certain press insists on defending, is for those that give serious information about that one that has a general interest.

In few countries there happens what happens in Spain, and if it happens the people defend herself before the courts. Unfortunately in Spain, it seems that the power and the money of this press, there are above the fundamental rights of the rest of the persons. If, the Princess of Asturias and her relatives, had acted like it is operated in other countries, the press scarcely would speak about their private life or history would be invented, because already it would not have money with which they pay indemnifications.

Carolina of Monaco has denounced to the press, the Swedish Royal Family has made one denounced against several German publications, in England the pursuit came to Kate Middelton to a point in which they they all should have reached an agreement to stop harassing her...
The strange thing is not the attitude of the press, the strange thing is attitude of the Spanish press and of a few laws that do not work well.

I admire Thelma Ortiz's valor. The press is skinning her, probably neither win nor obtain what wants ... but she has given course even debates ... and she has confronted with valor a problem, which many prominent figures of this country do not confront for fear of the revenge of the press.

It has never wanted to be a public figure, and the option of life of her sister it must not force her to be. The press does not have right to impose on the persons the life that they want to have.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-20-2008, 08:37 AM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,061
I support to telma, because the journalists are PESADOS PESADOS , but cannot censure to mass media . Eva sanum did more by the republic than the republican party and telma will do the same...

if your you see the program of " la noria" the people send sms saying " that happens to the royal family because his son married with a people´s woman " " one was due to marry with a princess… what family has letizia… "


I think that she is due to tolerate as their parents… they go by the street and they do not speak…
and I support the elementary right of the juniors… but that to harass to the people with the children by the street happens in Spain because in France if you take a photo to a baby or kids and falls the hair to you

also think that she is not a public personage but she has " proyección pública" … and if it is an intelligent woman would play with the press… that is to say, if I were she I would take publicity of things (Iberia,vaijes halcón or ong where she worked etc…) in my clothes, in the car…to the companies they do not like because they make publicity gratuitous

and I repeat that it is not good that this happens because does not good to the royal family and always there are programs that speak and speak and speak… and always they arrive at same conclusion when the monarchy finishes?


and I believe that he is not "el horno para bollos"

I think humbly that she had to consult with her sister (am harming because it)… she can denounce by harassment a journalist, later to another one, later to another one (one by one) but it cannot have a previous censorship to mass media

(pd:
also I to think that she does not have to use the real guard to take and to bring the papers of the civil registry, to use the bodyguards of the ssiter etc etc… return to the same ...this harms to the royal family and ours (beloved, for me) monarchy

do you understand me more o less?? thanks

Carta abierta a Telma Ortiz Rocasolano :: TodoEllas


El Semanal Digital=


La Nueva España - Diario Independiente de Asturias - Galería - Telma Ortiz y su pareja, Enrique Martín, se irán de España con su hija Amanda en los próximos meses
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-20-2008, 10:07 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,840
Yes and in many messages, the people were saying that it does not import Thelma Ortiz's life for them and that she has right to be a private personage.

I am sorry, I do not share the demagogic speech of the "pink press". They do gossip, and with it they generate a business of thousends of Euros, thing that it is not necessary to confuse in spite of doing information.

I do not justify the harassment that has been done to Thelma, since I do not justify the harassment to which it surrenders to many public prominent figures in this country. But it is that in addition Thelma, has never sold details of her life, her image has never used for enrich economically ... while there are magazines that pay 30.000 Euros for taken photos when she was in the space deprived of the garden of her house.

For the present time nobody has given serious information of these supposed privileges that Thelma has, curiously who there spread these informations are persons who are employed at television and that are owners of agencies who devote themselves to this type of press ... persons who are losing money because Thelma is not ready to sell her life.

Many Royal Houses denounce to the press, and if in Spain it is not done it is because the King has things that to be grateful, and with the press that exists in Spain it is better to take to them well that to take to them badly. Because of it the Spanish Royal House has allowed that one should degrade the Princess of Asturias up to incredible limits ... without putting brake ... because to the press it was not concerning for to continue keeping silent about the messes of the King, not even to behave better with to the separation of Infanta Elena before the pressures of Zarzuela .. because while they could speak about Letizia and her family without nobody was saying anything to them ... they continued doing business.

The Ortiz Rocasolano will be plebeian, but they have supported insorportable, something that nobody has supported of the Royal Family ever, because they are protected before this type of harassments. If there are persons who believe that because a daughter or a sister has married the prince, they deserve all that, badly country we are creating. And if it is because like that this that is applied to the Ortiz Rocasolano there does not apply the Marichalar, Urdangarín, Gomez Acebo, Zurita, Zapatero or De la Vega ... because I see that they harass and insult them this way.

That innocent were those who thought that after Erika's death something would change ... that will be the following thing? To press Thelma until it is so unbearable that she has to go away of the country, because this the offer of some journalists. To continue chasing Francisco Rocasolano until his heart him of a new fright? To continue photographing Carla and to embitter the infancy (that embittered enough has it already)?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-20-2008, 12:41 PM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Yes and in many messages, the people were saying that it does not import Thelma Ortiz's life for them and that she has right to be a private personage.

I am sorry, I do not share the demagogic speech of the "pink press". They do gossip, and with it they generate a business of thousends of Euros, thing that it is not necessary to confuse in spite of doing information.

I do not justify the harassment that has been done to Thelma, since I do not justify the harassment to which it surrenders to many public prominent figures in this country. But it is that in addition Thelma, has never sold details of her life, her image has never used for enrich economically ... while there are magazines that pay 30.000 Euros for taken photos when she was in the space deprived of the garden of her house.




I am agree with you completely… I think that she acted bad because she acted quickly. and that is an argument to give "LA CAÑA DE ESPAÑA"to the rOYAL family…Peña-infiel said that her family would not be to the height… I don´t like PEÑA-INFIEL … and I hope I not to give him to the reason. ASCO DE TÍO.

but you always remembers: CON LAS COSAS DE COMER NO SE JUEGA
BYE,bye

heraldic shield of letizia´s family:
La Monarquia
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,648
It's a lose-lose situation ... If she wins there will be a backslash on the SRF and Letizia, the press will find another way to continue. If she loses there will be a backslash too, it will even get worse.
I personally think Telma is right, she has to look after herself and her family and since Zarzuela decided not to step in a long time ago she has no choice. I think this escalation is unnecessary ... if all parties concerned had spoken to each other way earlier it could have been avoided ... too late now. If the Kings allow Felipe to marry a woman like Letizia with all her baggage they have to take the whole package and not say, well, her family is not our business. That's wrong and tacky.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 49
Telma has the same rights and is entitled to every protection afforded to any other Spanish citizen. She should not have to “support” or rather put up with harassment and intrusions to her personal life.

To inform does not equate with harassing, intruding people’s privacy, distorting the truth and lying. Journalists, true journalists, those who have ethics must be disgusted by the behavior of this gutter press. In fact, they are. The Madrid Press Association issued a statement to that effect in connection with Telma’s actions.

Sure, there are many in Spain who make a living off selling “exclusives.” Telma has never done so and she should not be bullied or blackmailed into providing access to her private life just for the media outlets to reap some economic benefits. While there is tremendous interest in Letizia and everything connected to her, that is not an excuse to harass, bully and blackmail her family.

I wonder why we do not see the same “coverage” or rather persecution of people like Simoneta Gomez Acebo or Laura Ponte who do profit from their family connections. Neither Simoneta nor Laura would dream of sitting in their private garden or opening their front door and seeing a cloud of photographers waiting to shoot their picture without their permission.

The Ortiz Rocasolano family is a normal family, without connections and obviously without protection –except those afforded to all Spanish citizens by law. They have waited for a long time before doing anything about this, they all have put up with this treatment graciously and patiently. It has only gotten worse.

By the way, being a normal, hard working family without connections should not be considered baggage. I find other things are much worse baggage such as being involved with dishonest or shady business deals. When one looks at the family of some candidates to Princess of Asturias, one finds things that are not too far from the supposed blemishes in the Ortiz Rocasolano family: divorce, second marriages, etc. It is part of the lives of many families just that for some –aristocratic or common ones- these events have not been made into a soap opera for the profit of a few.

I hope they will be given some relief.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Victoria and the Press / Paparazzi Josefine Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 27 07-24-2010 06:10 PM
Paparazzi : Are they all bad ? TheTruth Royal Chit Chat 25 12-09-2009 03:17 AM
The Paparazzi and the Royal Family of Monaco kells Princely Family of Monaco 2 07-07-2009 01:32 AM
Argentinian Press: Máxima donated $200,000 to a Catholic TV Station; April 2008 Marengo King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family 23 05-06-2008 11:57 AM
Prince Charles's diaries and the court case HRH Kerry The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 145 06-15-2007 03:03 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]