The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Commoner

Yes, she offer a few interviews for a ridiculous amount of money stating 'she belonged to the same circle of friends as the prince'; a photo session horse riding and posing with designer clothes. At that time she was single and wanted to offer a good image of herself.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAna View Post
Yes, she offer a few interviews for a ridiculous amount of money stating 'she belonged to the same circle of friends as the prince'; a photo session horse riding and posing with designer clothes. At that time she was single and wanted to offer a good image of herself.

That isn't true, This rumors come from that HATEFUL forum where everyone say rude and hideous things about princess Letizia family, I have been there, and I can't tell you I t is a lie, so please try to be objetive and don't repeit things that crazy people say.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
She was paid to pose with her sister and family at her sister's engagement! Is this right? Or do you mean she did her own separate photoshoot?
Of course not, but there is always someone who likes to post ridiculous lies on the internet. Do you think the SRF would have allowed this to happen ? LOL
Old 05-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
IT IS TOTAL AND ABSOLUTELY A LIE

Thelma Ortiz has never charged for appearing in no place, all the images that the press has obtained of her have been because they have chased her.

Only in two occasions Thelma Ortiz has appear in public acts for own will, in the presentation of a book of the Red Cross together with a child of the war of Africa, and gathering a prize that they were giving to her grandmother who was sick.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Commoner

Look, I obviously respect that opinions, but I receive the magazine Hola in my office everyday and I saw at the time the pictures of Thelma Ortiz saying 'that she belonged to the same circle of friends as the prince' posing with designer clothes.

At that time she had a date with one of the prince's friends. The same that later dated Anne Lagartiburu.
I remember it quite well because I phone one of my friends to ask about details. There is nothing wrong to pose for a magazine with designer clothes. It is both glamorous and good business.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She was paid to pose with her sister and family at her sister's engagement! Is this right? Or do you mean she did her own separate photoshoot?
Separate paid photoshoot like many other even royal quests on events like this... Get real

So we have lesson on Telma's case (terrible that she can't stay in privacy just because she is celebrity by the fact of her big sis marriage)... if you wan stay as a private person you should ask your sister or brother about her/ his fiance's family.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Look, I obviously respect that opinions, but I receive the magazine Hola in my office everyday and I saw at the time the pictures of Thelma Ortiz saying 'that she belonged to the same circle of friends as the prince' posing with designer clothes.

At that time she had a date with one of the prince's friends. The same that later dated Anne Lagartiburu.
I remember it quite well because I phone one of my friends to ask about details. There is nothing wrong to pose for a magazine with designer clothes. It is glamorous and a chic business.
It's perfect normal if Telma knew some of her brother-in-law's friends and had dated one of them, this has happened to many families out there. But Telma had never posed for any magazine in designer clothes, absolutely nothing like that, otherwise I bet those defense lawyers would have used to go against her this time.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I remember it quite well because I phone one of my friends to ask about details. There is nothing wrong to pose for a magazine with designer clothes. It is both glamorous and good business.

You are talking about HOLA magazine, haha, it is OBVIOUS that you don't read SERIOUS press from Spain, now I understand all you have said.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sincerely I believe that you do not know by no means to the Spanish press. The press obtains images of the people in the street, harasses them to questions or they invent histories on them ... but it does not mean that these persons appear in a magazine voluntarily and less that they charge for it.

She did not grant any of these declarations, was the press the one that decided to catch up with friends of the Prince. They decided that she was a golden spinster, and looked for her couple, but she never had a relation with any of them, and she never married Alberto of Monaco.

Thelma has never posed like a model in any magazine. Neither she has granted any interview.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Commoner

Unfortunately for her, she did and this has been taking into consideration by the judge. It is impossible to ask for privacy when you have been paid to pose horse riding in Asturias and in her appartment saying 'that she had friends in common with the prince'. Which in fact it was true at the time. But it lacks certain coherence. That is why she has to pay at least 50.000 euros for the trial against 54 media companies. Most of them had never published anything from her.

There are two types of press. Elite and 'popular press' of course. I guess same as here in England. Though not so yellowish for sure.

In the early years of the democracy, the press moved from being censored and a propaganda tool of Franco's dictatorship to a more 'free press'. The censorship is yet present to a certain degree unfortunately.

The King and Queen have never had any problem with it nor the 'infantas' and their families. Certain members of hig-class families pay not to be in the press and nothing has ever been published of them.

I understand it absolutely impossible for foreigners to understand the socieconomical background of Spain and its culture.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
Separate paid photoshoot like many other even royal quests on events like this... Get real .
I have read and re-read this many times but I can't get what you mean - are you saying she did and that many other family members of soon to be princesses have done the same?

Quote:
Unfortunately for her, she did and this has been taking into consideration by the judge. It is impossible to ask for privacy when you have been paid to pose horse riding in Asturias and in her appartment saying 'that she had friends in common with the prince'.
Do you happen to have a copy of the interview or a link to the photoshoot you say she did?
Old 05-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

You are repeating lies again and again.

She has never granted an interview in her apartment speaking about her boyfriends (Neither she said that she was going to marry Alberto of Monaco it invented the German press), and the photos in horse were taken by paparazzi, like there are hundreds of photos of her taken by paparazzi without her assent.

I believe that you should check your sources of information, and to learn like it works the press and the magazines in Spain before continuing lying.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Unfortunately for her, she did and this has been taking into consideration by the judge. It is impossible to ask for privacy when you have been paid to pose horse riding in Asturias and in her appartment saying 'that she had friends in common with the prince'. Which in fact it was true at the time. But it lacks certain coherence. That is why she has to pay at least 50.000 euros for the trial against 54 media companies. Most of them had never published anything from her.
So you had read everything what they had wrote even about her in last years?

Quote:
There are two types of press. Elite and 'popular press' of course. I guess same as here in England. Though not so yellowish for sure.
Two types of press are not only in England btw.

Quote:
In the early years of the democracy, the press moved from being censored and a propaganda tool of Franco's dictatorship to a more 'free press'. The censorship is yet present to a certain degree unfortunately.
In Poland we have censor too by 50 years. Now we have democracy and yellow/pink press too. There's something like ethics.

Quote:
The King and Queen have never had any problem with it nor the 'infantas' and their families. Certain members of hig-class families pay not to be in the press and nothing has ever been published of them.
Rumours about King's affairs.

Quote:
I understand it absolutely impossible for foreigners to understand the socieconomical background of Spain and its culture.
So you understand it?
Old 05-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I have read and re-read this many times but I can't get what you mean - are you saying she did and that many other family members of soon to be princesses have done the same?
Sorry Amelia.
I try to say (with little ironic) that if the press pay Telma for her separate photoshoot on Letizia's wedding than they (press) must done it and will do for any royal or non royal guests on event like royal/noble wedding, baptisms...
Now it's little clear?
Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Courtier

Yes, thank you magnik
Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Commoner

I have never spoken about the wedding. But after the announcement, Letizia's family were a major focus of interest. Her mother's sindicalist office, her father's girlfriend, her sister's friends, etc. She was in a private interview speaking about her common friends with the Prince as a reason of how Letizia integrated in his group of friends. I read the inteview at the time and I thought it was boring. Same with the designer dresses and her horse riding pictures admiting she was still learning. I read the magazine and had a look at the pictures. And that is it. The same as I will be doing every week when the press arrives to the office.

I think if unemployed Thelma has to pay now up to 50.000 euros for the trial costs it is somehow deserved to the extent of having offered paid interviews in the past. I do understand the socioeconomical background of Spain after 25 years living in Spain and two degrees. But I am obvioulsy no expert and I am open to opinions and critical analysis.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I have never spoken about the wedding. But after the announcement, Letizia's family were a major focus of interest. Her mother's sindicalist office, her sister's friends, etc. She was in a private interview speaking about her common friends with the Prince as a reason of how Letizia integrated in his group of friends. I read the inteview at the time and I thought it was boring. Same with the designer dresses and her horse riding pictures admiting she was still learning. I read the magazine and had a look at the pictures. And that is it. The same as I will be doing every week when the press arrives to the office.
You know as a journalist you are a hopeless case.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Commoner

I really do not understand why. To be honest I worked at a newspaper in Spain and I remember the Royals were a tabu subject. So you cannot really lecture me about that. Censorship was the law, thankfully I do not write for spanish press anymore. That was goebbelian!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that there is something that you do not understand. You confuse an interview with the fact that a person does an article with information, photos taken for paparazzis, or gossips that they have found in some place.

Yes, initially they did questions to her since they were done to all the relatives of the princess. Yes, she appeared going out of the shop of the designer who did her suit for the wedding, but she never posed for a magazine. And the photos in horse were done by paparazzi.

Evidently if you have groups of journalists chasing you the whole day and ask constant, initially for patience and education you answer, until they go over the limits.

Thelma has never charged for appearing in a magazine, and nobody in the judgment has said it. And are well-read dozens of chronicles.

Certainly, a very curious opinion with regard to the judgment.

Ana Belén: en la prensa del corazón 'sales cuando se les pone en el cogote'

Ana Belén: in the pink magazines ' you go out when it puts on them in the nape '

The singer Ana Belén appeared today in disagreement with which the protection demand has been scorned to the image presented by Telma Ortiz, sister of the princess of Asturias, and affirmed that in the pink magazines ' you go out when it puts on them in the nape '.

' When I read in the press that some attorney of the imputed parts us put from example to me and to Miguel Ríos, I thought, that hypocrisy!, because, I have passed years in which the same people have insulted me, for saying not, for protecting my children, who did not have to suffer that their parents were known '.

She added in the matter that to try to protect her children supposed her, in many cases ' the insult. Then, putting to meet as example of look, which do not want to go out in the press, they do not go out, it is not true. Your you are going to go out providing that it puts on them in the nape and they are not going to respect anything '.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Commoner

It is true that Ana Belen's children were never in the press. SAme with many famous families and also with most high-class families.
No news, no pictures, anything.
I read the interviews given by Thelma and I am not going to argue anything else about it. To me, it was of no interest and I have to say I preffered Erika's attitude of silence and that she never reply any magazine's proposals. Letizia has given a few interviews mostly to EL Pais, same again next sunday.