State Visit to Portugal; November 28-30, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
November 28

Porto

Visit to the City Council of Porto

Guimarães

Official dinner offered by President Rebelo de Sousa in the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza

November 29

Porto

Visit to the exhibition of the Catalan painter Joan Miró at the Serralves Foundation in Porto

Visit to the University of Porto

Lunch with businessmen offered by the mayor of the city of Porto, Rui Moreira, in the Stock Exchange Palace

Lisbon

Visit to the City Council of Lisbon

Dinner hosted by the Portuguese Prime Minister, António Costa, in The Necessidades Palace

November 30

Lisbon

Meeting with Portuguese Prime Minister, António Costa at Palace of São Bento

Solemn session in the Assembly of the Republic

Reception to the Spanish community at the Embassy of Spain in Lisbon

Visit to the Champalimaud Foundation

Pol?tica, cultura y ciencia marcan agenda de los Reyes de Espa?a en Portugal | www.diariovasco.com

I really Looking Forward to this State Visit. I really hope Queen Letizia will wear one or few new Outfits, and Of course a Tiara, but I Guess she want:ermm:

I really Looking Forward to this State Visit. I really hope Queen Letizia will wear one or few new Outfits, and Of course a Tiara, but I Guess she want:ermm:

Spanish Royals only wear tiara when the state visit is in Spain, if the state visit is in other country, they wear tiara only if is a Monarchy. This is not Letizia's thing but Sofía's. So, do not wait for tiara in Portugal.

I hope they can reschedule all the state visits that have been cancelled, specially to UK, but Japan and Morocco too.

I know its not probably she wears a Tiara.. But Who knows.. I guess the state Visit to UK will be in autumn 2017 or 2018 :sad: The Japan and South Corea State Vsisit could be in Spring 2017..

November 28

Porto

Visit to the City Council of Porto

Guimarães

Official dinner offered by President Rebelo de Sousa in the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza

November 29

Porto

Visit to the exhibition of the Catalan painter Joan Miró at the Serralves Foundation in Porto

Visit to the University of Porto

Lunch with businessmen offered by the mayor of the city of Porto, Rui Moreira, in the Stock Exchange Palace

Lisbon

Visit to the City Council of Lisbon

Dinner hosted by the Portuguese Prime Minister, António Costa, in The Necessidades Palace

November 30

Lisbon

Meeting with Portuguese Prime Minister, António Costa at Palace of São Bento

Solemn session in the Assembly of the Republic

Reception to the Spanish community at the Embassy of Spain in Lisbon

Visit to the Champalimaud Foundation

Pol?tica, cultura y ciencia marcan agenda de los Reyes de Espa?a en Portugal | www.diariovasco.com

Diverse program,having lunch with Rui in the Bolsa is great!

I believe that the palace of the dukes of Bragança is in Guimarães and not in Porto.

Letizia is the Queen. It is not that because the one did so, the other must follow. I would say: jump out of these skin-tight dresses and bring some more joie de vivre, some more buzz in the air and show the Portuguese that no one else than La Reina of glorious Spain is in their country!

Im really exited about the state visit. I think Letizia will wear the black and white dress she wore in Luxembourg 2014, or the blue & white look she wore in Belgium 2014. I also could imagine she wears something new for the arrivial.

Spanish Royals only wear tiara when the state visit is in Spain, if the state visit is in other country, they wear tiara only if is a Monarchy. This is not Letizia's thing but Sofía's. So, do not wait for tiara in Portugal.

She doen not always have to follow the example of her mother-in-law. Look at Belgium. Queen Mathilde also wears a tiara at State Visits to Republics where Queen paola has never worn one.
If Queen Letizia does it all like Queen Sofia why does she then never pop up her outiftis with a simple necklace like a pearl-necklace or a little broosh?

Last edited by a moderator:
She doen not always have to follow the example of her mother-in-law. Look at Belgium. Queen Mathilde also wears a tiara at State Visits to Republics where Queen paola has never worn one.
If Queen Letizia does it all like Queen Sofia why does she then never pop up her outiftis with a simple necklace like a pearl-necklace or a little broosh?
You are quite right, Queen Letizia does not have to follow Queen Sofia's example. I only fear that she will wear rather less than more jewellery compared to her mother-in-law. I too, do not expect a tiara tonight, but it would be nice if Letizia dons at least some nice glittering jewels. I'm bored by seeing her with only a bracelet at the most.

I miss the "extra" of a royal state visit. It could have been a visit to Oviedo or Salamanca, Doña Letizia simply does not gear up because of the higher level of formality. We could already see that during military parades. She simply seems to give no damn' about royal style.

At the Introduction Visit to The Netherlands she was greeted by a Queen dressed with hat and gloves. Doña Letizia was just as everyday. Later in Belgium, she was again greeted by a Queen dressed with hat and gloves. Now Doña Letizia has adapted a bit: gloves in Brussels. My eyes almost popped out: well, well... gloves... miracles still exist!

Let us hope that Doña Letizia will surprise us this evening and appear as La Reina de España indeed.

I miss the "extra" of a royal state visit. It could have been a visit to Oviedo or Salamanca, Doña Letizia simply does not gear up because of the higher level of formality. We could already see that during military parades. She simply seems to give no damn' about royal style.

At the Introduction Visit to The Netherlands she was greeted by a Queen dressed with hat and gloves. Doña Letizia was just as everyday. Later in Belgium, she was again greeted by a Queen dressed with hat and gloves. Now Doña Letizia has adapted a bit: gloves in Brussels. My eyes almost popped out: well, well... gloves... miracles still exist!

Let us hope that Doña Letizia will surprise us this evening and appear as La Reina de España indeed.

Is the evening dinner even a black tie event ? It is highly unlikely we will see any tiaras, especially in Portugal.

i'm pretty sure Letizia will look regal in the future state visit to the UK (assuming she and her husband will be re-invited for a state visit now that there is finally a Spanish government in office).

No tiara and the Queen repeting the Carolina Herrera black dress from the Chilean State Visit.

No tiara and the Queen repeting the Carolina Herrera black dress from the Chilean State Visit.

Given that the dress code was white tie after all, a tiara would have been appropriate.

No tiara but wasn't expected however it does looks like Letizia is wearing a brooch and bracelet?

No tiara but wasn't expected however it does looks like Letizia is wearing a brooch and bracelet?

Hard to tell from that video, but I think it's the brooch first worn for Queen Margrethe's birthday, and her old Cartier bracelet (also worn at the same event), plus her wedding earrings.

So hardly any surprises on the jewells department, apart from the strange new earrings early today :)

Nice that the king stated his speech in the city hall in Portuguese.

The Dukes of Braganza are also at the gala dinner. :flowers: :kingdomofportugal:

Back
Top Bottom