Spanish State Visit to Peru; November 12 to 14, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
Their Majesties the King and Queen will make a State visit to Peru from November 12 to 14.

During their stay in Peru, Their Majesties will be accompanied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation, Josep Borrell.

Viaje de Estado de Sus Majestades los Reyes a Perú

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Viaje de Estado a la República la República del Perú

Monday 12

King Felipe and Queen Letizia

Visit to the National Pantheon of Próceres

Welcoming ceremony at the Government Palace

Meeting between kING Felipe and the President of the Republic of Peru

Official lunch offered by President Vizcarra and his wife to Their Majesties the King and Queen

Visit to the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima, where they will receive the Key to the City

King Felipe

Visit to the Congress of the Republic of Peru

Visit to the Palace of Justice and meeting with the president of the Judicial Power

Queen Letizia

Visit to the Women Emergency Center in the Ministry of Women and Vulnerable Populations

Tuesday 13

King Felipe

King and President of Peru attend the Business Economic Forum

King Felipe and Queen Letizia

Visit to the Technical Office of Cooperation of the Embassy of Spain, where the FUNDADES program for the integration of young people with limited resources or affected by motor disability will be presented

Visit to the Cultural Center of Spain, which will present the 2019 Edition of the International Contemporary Art Fair of Madrid (ARCO)

Reception to the Spanish community in the Residence of the Embassy of Spain in Lima

Wednesday 14

King Felipe

Meeting with personalities and institutional representatives involved in the commemoration of the bicentennial of the independence of the Republic of Peru

Visit to the facilities of the Repsol refinery "La Pampilla"

Its more like a working visit, disappointing for royal watchers not even a dinner, let alone tiaras.

Does the timing of this visit mean Felipe and Letizia would not be able to attend Prince Charles' birthday party? Or could they zip up to London on the way back? Since other European royals are invited, I'm assuming they are, too.

The Prince of Wales Gala is on November 14th and the Spanish King and Queen are still in Peru so it looks very doubtful :previous:

The Prince of Wales Gala is on November 14th and the Spanish King and Queen are still in Peru so it looks very doubtful :previous:
Queen Letizia will not have an engagement on the last day of the state visit (14th) She could leave peru in the evening of 13th would arrive the other day at noon in madrid or london, but very stressful imo ( i think its around 12 hours flight lima-madrid

Its more like a working visit, disappointing for royal watchers not even a dinner, let alone tiaras.

I agree the state visit is really disappointing, no gala dinner (like the norwegian state visit to argentina just state lunch) and no date for letizia on the last day in peru) as you said that sounds more like an official visit or working visit

Queen Letizia will not have an engagement on the last day of the state visit (14th) She could leave peru in the evening of 13th would arrive the other day at noon in madrid or london, but very stressful imo ( i think its around 12 hours flight lima-madrid

If anyone goes it will be good old Queen Sofia ,though we might not see any Spanish presence they tend to be quite boring when it comes to attending royal events ;)

If anyone goes it will be good old Queen Sofia ,though we might not see any Spanish presence they tend to be quite boring when it comes to attending royal events ;)

Yes i agree :ermm:

Disappointing that there's no Gala Dinner on the Visit I hope this is not a new trend!

i doubt we will see them in charles birthday party. maybe sofia will get sent. F&L specifically are not fond of these sort of royal social events.

shame about the gala indeed. who knows, maybe a dinner will take place and was not announced? it would surprise me that there is no dinner in a state visit.

Yes, indeed. Day 1 has some politics related Peruvian activities but day 2 and 3 are pure 'Spain in Peru'-type activities (even that refinery, although it might not look like something Spanish is a subsidiary of the Spanish Repsol). And unfortunately, they stick to the Lima-area while Peru has so much more to offer.

The state visit was planned to coincide with the Ibero-American summit in Panama starting on the 14th, so they will fly from Peru to Panama on the 14th.

For several years Peru has replaced the state dinner for a state lunch, so it was with the Presidents of Germany and France.

They were already on an official visit to the country in 2010, and Juan Carlos and Sofía on State visit in 2008. The exchanges of visits are quite frequent, so they do not need to develop extensive agendas.

The trip has been scheduled coinciding with Felipe's trip to the Ibero-American Summit of Guatemala where he will arrive on the 14th, queen Letizia will return to Spain. They will leave Madrid on Sunday, after King Felipe returns from the commemorative event of the First World War in Paris. So it's going to be a busy week in which the king will coincide with many heads of state and government.

Last edited:
Queen Letizia arrived on a regular flight from Madrid at 7 p.m. (0.00 GMT) on Sunday

https://rpp.pe/peru/actualidad/asi-...etizia-de-espana-a-lima-video-noticia-1162575

King Felipe arrived on an official flight from Paris at 1 a.m. on Monday (06.00 GMT)

https://larepublica.pe/politica/135...actividades-protocolares-reina-letizia-espana
https://rpp.pe/peru/actualidad/rey-...-lima-en-visita-oficial-fotos-noticia-1162594

The agenda will begin at 10 a.m. local time (15.00 GMT)
Do they normally fly in different airplanes (I thought that only applied to Gelipe and Leonor) or did Felipe come from a different location?

Just a Question for experts, King Felipe received the

Grand Cross of the Order of Merit for Distinguished Services, Queen Letizia already received it in 2015 but not Felipe, so why has Felipe received it so "late" and Letizia early? Or is it a different class?

Just a Question for experts, King Felipe received the

Grand Cross of the Order of Merit for Distinguished Services, Queen Letizia already received it in 2015 but not Felipe, so why has Felipe received it so "late" and Letizia early? Or is it a different class?

It's a different class, he received the Special Grand Cross, queen Letizia the Grand Cross.

Do they normally fly in different airplanes (I thought that only applied to Gelipe and Leonor) or did Felipe come from a different location?

The King was in Paris yesterday for the Great War Centenary Commemorations .

Last edited:

The King was in Paris yesterday. So apparently Letizia travelled in advance to Peru.

They usually fly together. For past visits there are photos of them getting off the plane together.

Maybe Felipe flew from Paris directly this time?

No they don't. Ususally there is a departure ceremony at Madrid airport and the Kings leave on official plane with delegations.

This time the Queen went alone on a commercial flight from Madrid and Felipe went directly from Paris after the events he had there re First WW.

Back
Top Bottom