The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It was just something I heard. Forgive me as I'm not German nor am I knowledgeable about Germany, so I might have got that incorrect. I meant that the partner of the President sometimes performs the same duties that a First Lady would, even though she isn't married to the President.
Not a problem Yes, Daniela Schadt does full duties as First Lady, even though they are not married. People don't bother much. There was so much controversy about Gauck's predecessor Wulff and his drama queen wife, that people are now happy with an unpretentious and well liked president couple. Gauck is a well respected figure in the fight against Eastern German dictatorship, as a pastor he played an important role in the peaceful movement that lead to German Unification.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...0141201_34.jpg

I think this is the well known german actor Daniel Brühl, I think his mother is spanish, he lives in Barcelona.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Old 12-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I think you´re right! The german commentators of the live coverage kept on stating how "tensed" and "insecure" the King looked and that he´s still needed time to fit into his role....!
I was mystified about these comments as they seemed to have seen a different King of Spain as I did...
I honestly haven't seen any footage but judging by the pics to me Letizia was even glowing... I've seen them tense or serious other times than this... Oh well...maybe the commentator wanted to hold the audience's attention
Old 12-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I think you´re right! The german commentators of the live coverage kept on stating how "tensed" and "insecure" the King looked and that he´s still needed time to fit into his role....!
I was mystified about these comments as they seemed to have seen a different King of Spain as I did...
Perhaps he was just cold and not used to the chill of a Berlin Winters day!
Old 12-02-2014, 05:20 AM
Nobility

today is letizia here?
Old 12-02-2014, 05:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bertelsmann Looks Forward to Visit by HM King Felipe VI of Spain

Bertelsmann Looks Forward to Visit by HM King Felipe VI of Spain - Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA,
Old 12-02-2014, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spanischer König ist gelandet
Spaniens König Felipe auf Paderborner Flughafen gelandet WAZ.de
Old 12-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Bekia

Los Reyes Felipe y Letizia se dan un baño de masas en su primer viaje oficial a Alemania como Reyes - Bekia
Old 12-02-2014, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Old 12-03-2014, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Old 12-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Surely one of the most charming monarchs we have in europe!

Tags
berlin, germany, king felipe, king felipe vi, letizia, official visit, president gauck, queen letizia