Spanish Introductory Visit to Italy: November 19, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
According to Europa Press, King Felipe and Queen Letizia will visit Italy on November 19. In Rome they will meet with the President of the Republic, Prime Minister and the presidents of the chambers.

Queen Letizia will stay one more day in Rome to participate in the Summit on Nutrition of the FAO.

Felipe VI y Letizia vivirán su particular 'dolce vita' en Roma

Their Majesties have a busy few weeks ahead,I'm looking forward to their UK visit,hope its after Italy!

King Felipe andQueen Letizia will travel to Italy on November 19 at the invitation of President of the Republic of Italy, Giorgio Napolitano. They will travel to Rome accompanied by the Minister of Agriculture, Food and Environment, Isabel García Tejerina.

They will be meet the president Napolitano; Prime Minister Matteo Renzi; President of the Chamber of Deputies, Laura Boldrini, and Senate President Piero Grasso.

The Queen will stay one more day in Rome to participate in the morning of Thursday, November 20 at the Second International Conference on Nutrition in the headquarters of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).

Los Reyes harán su primera visita oficial a Italia el próxima día 19

- Meeting in the Quirinal Palace with President Giorgio Napolitano. It will be followed by a lunch

- Meeting in the Giustiniani Palace with President of the Senate, Piero Grasso

- Meeting, at Palazzo Chigi, with the prime minister, Matteo Renzi, acting president of the EU

- Visit to Montecitorio Palace; there, they will be received by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Laura Boldrini

Los Reyes viajan mañana a Roma para su primera visita oficial a Italia - Martes, 18 Noviembre 2014 (11:01)

Last edited by a moderator:
A video of the visit

Video

At 15.00 King Felipe and Queen Letizia will meet Pietro Grasso, President of the Senate.

Ore 15.00
- Visita al Signor Presidente dei Reali di Spagna, Don Felipe VI e Donna Letizia (Palazzo Giustiniani)

At 17.00 King Felipe and Queen Letizia will meet Laura Boldrini,President of the Chamber of Deputies.

Mercoledì 19 Novembre 2014 - ore 17.00
Incontro con le Loro Maestà il Re e la Regina di Spagna, Don Felipe VI e Donna Letizia, nel quadro della visita ufficiale in Italia
Montecitorio, Sala del Cavaliere

King Felipe and Queen Letizia with the President of the Senate and his wife Maria

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2z7e2xCYAEcv8g.jpg ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2z7e2xCYAEcv8g.jpg ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2z7e2eCIAIMZWy.jpg ** https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2z7e29CQAEHEf4.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the Queen of Spain or the regional manager of Banco Santander from Oviedo?

It is that the caption says 'Regina di Spagna' otherwise I would never have guessed we are looking to a Queen from one of Europe's grandest monarchies. What a disappointment.

:ermm:

lula, thank you for all the photos. Great ceremonies. Letizia looked wonderful on this visit, she has found her queen style, looks confident and radiant, and Felipe is every inch of a true king.

Wow! Los reyes had big coverage on the italian media today! And they didn't even much focus on Letizia's wardrobe... I did lipreader and noticed she said "Buonasera" to the prime minister! ;-)

Is this the Queen of Spain or the regional manager of Banco Santander from Oviedo?

It is that the caption says 'Regina di Spagna' otherwise I would never have guessed we are looking to a Queen from one of Europe's grandest monarchies. What a disappointment.

:ermm:

We had this many times before, Duc!:bang: No matter how much you or perhaps many of us are disappointed for the Queen not wearing hats, gloves .... she just won´t change it. Like her mother-in-law she doesn´t like stuff like that. Letizia don´t wear it when visiting monarchies, so she will never wear it when visiting a republic!
Regardless of lacking these accessories you find so important, she looked elegant and impeccable.

I greatly prefer an underdressed queen who works, is intellingent and does her duty than having her as a fashion horse who stands like a manniquin and smiles stupidly!

My 2 cents

Well, except for the soldiers, none of the men wore hats or gloves, either, just the same old suits which they wear every...single...day.

Back
Top Bottom