The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 09-19-2010, 03:31 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia: reina modelo, pero no modélica

Article in Spanish about Letizia and how she was unable to gain the support of the Spanish people and parts of the SRF.

Talk is cheap, what the author needs is the actual data and proof. Hispanidad is a website of the ultra right and seems to fall into the ultra right's recent campaign against Letizia, the future of monarchy since the King has been ill. The whole article has a tone of 'hatre', nothing objective. They hate Cibeles so much, they forgot Elena almost went to Cibeles every year to watch the fashion shows.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-19-2010, 04:08 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Talk is cheap, what the author needs is the actual data and proof. Hispanidad is a website of the ultra right and seems to fall into the ultra right's recent campaign against Letizia, the future of monarchy since the King has been ill. The whole article has a tone of 'hatre', nothing objective. They hate Cibeles so much, they forgot Elena almost went to Cibeles every year to watch the fashion shows.
This journalist writes always terrible things against the princess ... it is a machist and a radical... his articles always are the same, only he says barbarities, and lacks objectivity.

Infantas Elena and Cristina had gone to Cibeles Fashion Week, but to support their friends designers, and not to the Spanish fashion. So what precisely does not like author, it is that the Princess has been who has behaved as a member of the Royal Family.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-19-2010, 12:31 PM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 2,216
Journalist? and is he Spanish? Are you sure? Because I wouldn´t expect from a Spanish journalist to write so bad our language...
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bucuresti, Romania
Posts: 136
About the nasty article : if you search on the Internet you'll find this kind of articles about all the Cp-sses of the moment. This means only that there are people who don't like them or worse who hate them for whatever reason.
We are not talking here about the important papers or real journalism.
Now, a good question is why this kind of article are posted only in Letizia's thrad ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
This journalist writes always terrible things against the princess ... it is a machist and a radical... his articles always are the same, only he says barbarities, and lacks objectivity.
Infantas Elena and Cristina had gone to Cibeles Fashion Week, but to support their friends designers, and not to the Spanish fashion. So what precisely does not like author, it is that the Princess has been who has behaved as a member of the Royal Family.
It is awfully annoying to see Infanta Elena and Infanta Christina being dragged into discussions related to Crown Princess Letizia and the public opinion about her. As time goes, Crown Princess Letizia will be the front face of the Spanish royal family. Both Infantas will take a back seat.
__________________
"To watch the sun sink behind a flower clad hill.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is awfully annoying to see Infanta Elena and Infanta Christina being dragged into discussions related to Crown Princess Letizia and the public opinion about her. As time goes, Crown Princess Letizia will be the front face of the Spanish royal family. Both Infantas will take a back seat.
That's because the article 'dragged' Elena in already, thus the comparison was inevitable. Isn't it more annoying to see such a badly written article from the internet gutter press getting the visibility here, all the author did was spitting venom, lacked any sort of objectivity ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,601
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
That's because the article 'dragged' Elena in already, thus the comparison was inevitable. Isn't it more annoying to see such a badly written article from the internet gutter press getting the visibility here, all the author did was spitting venom, lacked any sort of objectivity ?
Very true, practically all the articles and books that we have seen on the Forum are truly negative, biased and in one case of the latest book, things were fabricated about Letizia. I find it puzzling that in the case of the rest of the European Princesses, there have been books written and very favorable books, but in Letizia's case the opposite is true, in that she has not had any favorable books or any press written of her. Why is she such a favorite target of the media? Do the Spanish people care about the endless negative press? I'm sure that with the hardships due to the economy, they could care less right now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Very true, practically all the articles and books that we have seen on the Forum are truly negative, biased and in one case of the latest book, things were fabricated about Letizia. I find it puzzling that in the case of the rest of the European Princesses, there have been books written and very favorable books, but in Letizia's case the opposite is true, in that she has not had any favorable books or any press written of her. Why is she such a favorite target of the media? Do the Spanish people care about the endless negative press? I'm sure that with the hardships due to the economy, they could care less right now.
There were favorable books and many favorable press articles, the big four weekly pink press magazines (Hola, Lecturas, Semana and Diez Minutos) in Spain were mostly favorable articles, I would say 70-80% in the press were favorable articles except for certain internet websites or Jaime Penafiel who has been relatively quiet recently. However, this forum is not for articles, most posts were pictures, posters are mainly interested at fashion, thus very few press articles were posted here, of course, when there were unfavorable articles or news, they were posted here .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-24-2010, 08:27 AM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,047
'La arrebatadora Letizia'
From the pages of glamorous gossip ('Hello') to the issue of national or regional newspapers, praise and epithets to the Princess after her visit to Leon have exceeded all forecasts.
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-24-2010, 08:34 AM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,302
It's sad to say but people that are miserable or who want to make themselves feel better often attack someone else. Stuff that I've seen or read about various Princesses in Europe usually are positive although some of them over the years have taken some rather harsh criticism. However, it seems like Letizia at least in recent months has been attacked relentlessly (much more so than others).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-14-2011, 03:23 AM
NotHRH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gonzales, Louisiana, United States
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy
It's sad to say but people that are miserable or who want to make themselves feel better often attack someone else. Stuff that I've seen or read about various Princesses in Europe usually are positive although some of them over the years have taken some rather harsh criticism. However, it seems like Letizia at least in recent months has been attacked relentlessly (much more so than others).

With your first sentence, you hit the nail on the head. You have stated little but have said much. I agree with your take on this situation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 PM
klau23's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 17
hi. i'm a big fan of letizia and felipe. is there a thread here detailing how they met and how their relationship progressed? i would really love to read an article about it. :)
__________________

__________________
klau23
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess christina of the netherlands princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess marilene princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]