Queen Letizia's Family, Part 5: May 2013 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is much resemblance between Letizia and her aunt.

Queen Letizia stylish in scarlet at awards ceremony with King Felipe in Madrid | Daily Mail Online
Since taking the Spanish throne, Queen Letizia has never put a foot wrong in the style stakes.

Indeed, her appearance at the Investigation National Awards at the Royal Palace in Madrid today was no different.

The mother-of-two looked chic and stylish in a red jacket with scallop edged jacket worn over a fitted matching dress that flattered her petite frame.

The 42-year-old accessorised her outfit with dazzling diamond and ruby drop earrings and wore her hair in its signature loose but perfectly coiffed style.

Her husband, King Felipe VI of Spain, was sporting his new beard and looked dapper in a dark grey suit with blue patterned tie.

This ain't good news... but he is old, so certain things are supposed to happen!

98 years is quite an age, really...I hope he gets well anyway

I think Letizia had not cancelled her event if they had not known that Francisco was about to pass away. Its always sad but he was 98, had a very long and eventful life.
RIP

I'm so sorry :( My condolences to Queen Letizia and her family. My grandmother passed away two weeks ago so I can understand how tough is this moment.
RIP

Very sad news for Queen Letizia and her family. What a great age the man was, a long and eventful life I am sure.

My condolences to Queen Letizia and her family. RIP

Sad news for the family.
Let's hope the press won't bother them in such sad times.

Very sad news but I kind of sensed he was dying, because Letiza never cancels engagements, unless something bad is happening...

A man that certainly experienced life's joys and sorrows in the past decade or so. Glad that he is now at peace and my condolences to his surviving family members.

Oh, what sad news. :sad: My condolences to Queen Letizia and her family at this hard time.

98 is a grand age!

I found this lovely pic of Don Francisco. The site publishing it says it's from F&L's proclamation last year. He looked very frail when we saw it on the ceremony at the Congress, but he still attended the reception at the Royal Palace afterwards and followed the events on a chair in one of the palace rooms. I think it's a heartwarming and nice photo of him:
http://www.ecestaticos.com/image/cl...de-los-salones-del-palacio-real-vanitatis.jpg

I found this lovely pic of Don Francisco. The site publishing it says it's from F&L's proclamation last year. He looked very frail when we saw it on the ceremony at the Congress, but he still attended the reception at the Royal Palace afterwards and followed the events on a chair in one of the palace rooms. I think it's a heartwarming and nice photo of him:
http://www.ecestaticos.com/image/cl...de-los-salones-del-palacio-real-vanitatis.jpg

I loved the picture. Thank you for sharing. :flowers:

Thank you for finding and sharing this w/us. How proud he must have been on that day of his Granddaughter.

My condolences go out to Queen Letitzia and the entire Family. Saying Good bye to those we love is among the hardest things we all have to do. :( :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Letizia saw her maternal grandfather Francisco Rocasolano minutes before he died in the Hospital. She arrived, in the strictest secrecy, at 21.00 on Monday evening and could be a few minutes with the father of her mother who was dying at 98 years following a cardiac problem. Francisco Rocasolano died shortly after the Queen left the Salamanca Hospital at about 22.00.
La Reina visitó a su abuelo Francisco en el Clínico minutos antes de morirse - Salamanca -Noticias de La Gaceta de Salamanca
Translation

Descanse en paz, Don Francisco.

One of the very few respectable members of Letizia's family, an honest, decent, hardworking man who became a shadow of himself since the death of his beloved Enriqueta in 2008.

Last edited:
I would hope the whole family can mourn him in peace, without the press looking for every small details about the funeral etc...

Queen Letizia saw her maternal grandfather Francisco Rocasolano minutes before he died in the Hospital. She arrived, in the strictest secrecy, at 21.00 on Monday evening and could be a few minutes with the father of her mother who was dying at 98 years following a cardiac problem. Francisco Rocasolano died shortly after the Queen left the Salamanca Hospital at about 22.00.
La Reina visitó a su abuelo Francisco en el Clínico minutos antes de morirse - Salamanca -Noticias de La Gaceta de Salamanca
Translation

I'm glad she had that. So many don't. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Its good to know she was able to see him before he passed away.
Do we know when the service will take place?

Back
Top Bottom