The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Commoner

Does anyone know how Letizia and Phellipe met?

Anyone know their first love meeting story?:(

Old 05-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy
I don't think so. The only thing we know is the fact that they met for the first time during birthday celebration of some noble journalist, Letizia's colleque. Felipe was invited there, but Letizia went there by chance, so we can say that it was FAITH! We will probably never know how their relationship was developing, but they are said to start going out together after meeting in Galicia, where "Prestige" disaster happened.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
I don't think so. The only thing we know is the fact that they met for the first time during birthday celebration of some noble journalist, Letizia's colleque. Felipe was invited there, but Letizia went there by chance, so we can say that it was FAITH! We will probably never know how their relationship was developing, but they are said to start going out together after meeting in Galicia, where "Prestige" disaster happened.
Oh, thank you LaChica. I did not know anything about the way they met so i appreciate your response. Interesting sory. :)
Old 05-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy
Does anyone know how Letizia and Phellipe met?

Letizia's former boss wrote a book, where he talks about a series of thing, including the night they met for the first time. Here it is:

(in Spanish)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/165419-post44.html

Translation:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/165424-post46.html
Old 09-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
i was surprised to see this photo. i thought she'd had no association with the catholic church until her engagement.
I think she was confirmed shortly before her wedding. is that right?

is it often the case that people who have a first communion don't go on to be confirmed?

thanks so much to everyone who posted. looking at all these photos, I think Letizia's appearance has changed less since her engagement than any of the other crownprincesses.
Yes, it is extremely common. In Spain nearly everybody has a first communion but not everybody is confirmed afterwards.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
hi! newbie to the forums.

yep, as far as Catholics are concerned you need to be confirmed before you get married.

That's not true. You need to be baptized but confirmation is optional. All my family and friends are married in the catholic church and some of them are confirmed and some are not.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I didnt know she smoked. It is strange to see her with a cigarette. Good for her that she dont do it anymore.
Well, it is difficult to work as a journalist for a longtime and not to become a smoker
Old 09-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have never seen this pic before (source: 20 minutos).
The photo was probably taken on May 1st, 1997 (almost 10 years ago!), when she worked for Bloomberg.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

from queen-int.com (CLICK TO ENLARGE)

the legend of the 3 pics:

Old 10-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very instructive because whate ever Letizia do/did she is absolutly beautiful. For a congres woman What a beauty; iI hope, but I'm sure not, that she received a good salary to do this student job. One thing is sure that the Princess of Asturias knows the cost of the studies...
Old 10-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Two photos of the Princess Letizia in Iraq. These photos were realized by Emilio Morenatti, the Spanish photographer who remained 17 hours kidnapped yesterday in Gaza.

From ANP

Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Gentry

Wo she is sure a beautiful throught her whole life! I'm suprised that Spanairds can be born white blonde!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Aristocracy

oh there are many natural blondes in spain especially northern spain where people tend to be whiter and that is where she is from, but I have to say that Letizia has a natural beauty that is just breathtaking.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Rose
Wo she is sure a beautiful throught her whole life! I'm suprised that Spanairds can be born white blonde!
Why do you surprised? ...here in spain there are many people born blonde.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
Why do you surprised? ...here in spain there are many people born blonde.
Oh I guess its because, I'm just used to seeing mainly mestizo mexicans. Who are mixed with Spaniard European and mostly indigenous mexican indians. Also used to seeing Puerto Ricans,Cubans,Dominans,who mixed with indigenous Taino indian,African,Spaniard and sometimes Asian
. Also Colombians,Venezuelans,Ecudorians exc. Who are also mixed wiht the native who have dark hair,eyes,brown skin. Anyway I also thought since Spanairds like Italians,Greeks,Turks,Portugese are mediteranean they have dark brown hair and eyes and olive skin. I didn't know that Spaniards could look like Scandinavians. But I also knew they didn't look anyhting like Mexicans. I'm of Cuban,Puerto Rican ancestry. My family traced our ancestry back far enough and we are 100% European, our fmaily come from Spain and Italy and we all have dark brown hair and eyes olive skin. So do most of Puerot Ricans,Cubans exc. I knew that Northern Italians can be blonde and be really light sometimes,I just didn't know about Spaniards.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia Rose
I also thought since Spanairds like Italians,Greeks,Turks,Portugese are mediteranean they have dark brown hair and eyes and olive skin.
That may be the case of Turks, but in Spain, Portugal and Italy there are many blond green/blue-eyed people... sure not as many as brown hair, but I would say at least 30% of the population has light hair
Old 02-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

From QMD

Student Letizia, one of my favourite pictures of her.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/190/foto2ps6.jpg

Looked sharp in short hair
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5870/8f36601clj5.jpg
Old 02-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
From QMD

Student Letizia, one of my favourite pictures of her.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/190/foto2ps6.jpg
I also looove this photo,she was really beautiful and natural
Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Courtier

some old videos from tve

Old 03-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Arrow

more videos from tve