Queen Letizia: Pictures as a Girl and Young Woman

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two photos of the Princess Letizia in Iraq. These photos were realized by Emilio Morenatti, the Spanish photographer who remained 17 hours kidnapped yesterday in Gaza.

From ANP

Wo she is sure a beautiful throught her whole life! I'm suprised that Spanairds can be born white blonde!

oh there are many natural blondes in spain especially northern spain where people tend to be whiter and that is where she is from, but I have to say that Letizia has a natural beauty that is just breathtaking.

Lucia Rose said:
Wo she is sure a beautiful throught her whole life! I'm suprised that Spanairds can be born white blonde!

Why do you surprised?:lol: ...here in spain there are many people born blonde.

Lauritas138 said:
Why do you surprised?:lol: ...here in spain there are many people born blonde.

Oh I guess its because, I'm just used to seeing mainly mestizo mexicans. Who are mixed with Spaniard European and mostly indigenous mexican indians. Also used to seeing Puerto Ricans,Cubans,Dominans,who mixed with indigenous Taino indian,African,Spaniard and sometimes Asian
. Also Colombians,Venezuelans,Ecudorians exc. Who are also mixed wiht the native who have dark hair,eyes,brown skin. Anyway I also thought since Spanairds like Italians,Greeks,Turks,Portugese are mediteranean they have dark brown hair and eyes and olive skin. I didn't know that Spaniards could look like Scandinavians. But I also knew they didn't look anyhting like Mexicans. I'm of Cuban,Puerto Rican ancestry. My family traced our ancestry back far enough and we are 100% European, our fmaily come from Spain and Italy and we all have dark brown hair and eyes olive skin. So do most of Puerot Ricans,Cubans exc. I knew that Northern Italians can be blonde and be really light sometimes,I just didn't know about Spaniards.

Lucia Rose said:
I also thought since Spanairds like Italians,Greeks,Turks,Portugese are mediteranean they have dark brown hair and eyes and olive skin.
That may be the case of Turks, but in Spain, Portugal and Italy there are many blond green/blue-eyed people... sure not as many as brown hair, but I would say at least 30% of the population has light hair;)

Elsa M. said:
That may be the case of Turks, but in Spain, Portugal and Italy there are many blond green/blue-eyed people... sure not as many as brown hair, but I would say at least 30% of the population has light hair;)

Yeah...But even Turks and Greeks must have blue eyes..And it's a sort of very special blue. One of the most emblematic cases for Turk blue eyes was their principal leader Ataturk (Mustafa Kemal) who has light skin and dark blue eyes...I must said he was INDEED handsome. The Turkish Royal Family was very knewn for their blue eyes. I'm angry with myself for I don't know how to post photos here , to show pics of Ataturk, Turkish Royal family...and common Turks with blue eyes (I'm a big fan of "National geographic Magazine" :D )

The fact of the colour of skin and eyes has to do with ancestor...and as far as I know, Mediterranean people has a lot of different origines, since there were different invations there...The hair and skyn and eyes colour is related to WHICH part of the country you belongs to...but also to the tribe that made most of the blood of your family...It could be that you are Andalusian ...but you could have Arab or Bereber origines, or Castellan ones, or Vandalic ones...And if you have Arabian or Bereber origines it would depends of WHICH Arab or Bereber are the ancestors of yours. There are Arabs with light hair and eyes! And if you are Italian from Sicilia, you may have a various background...You may have dark eyes and dark hair, like the moros...but if you have Normand roots your eyes could be deep blue. People from South Italy, when speaking of a person with blue eyes saids: "He/she has blue eyes...like the Mediterranean Sea!".

As for Greeks (we have some Greeks here in my country...Christina Onassis dead in an Argentinian-Greek friend home) I knew some of them with the most great blue eyes I ever seen, and others being in a whole, very dark. Macedonian people are lighter than people from South Greece, but again this is a generalisation and generalisations are not good. However, when in Spain and Italy you may find blonde people (even with a Nordic style), in Turkey and Greece, people with blue eyes tends to be with cherstnut hair, red hair or black hair...I absolutely love people with black hair and blue or green eyes! :rolleyes:

Vanesa.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is obvious that she has always been very slender. Right now she is skinnier then usual, but that seems to be her body type.

she looked very young on those photos, how old was she when she first got married?

she looked very young on those photos, how old was she when she first got married?

According to casa real Letizia married her first husband, Alonso Guerrero, in 1999 (= at the age of 26 or 27), the marriage was dissolved by divorce a year later. Letizia had a long term relationship with Alonso before marriage, so not sure at what stage the pictures were taken.

According to casa real Letizia married her first husband, Alonso Guerrero, in 1999 (= at the age of 26 or 27), the marriage was dissolved by divorce a year later. Letizia had a long term relationship with Alonso before marriage, so not sure at what stage the pictures were taken.

There are different sources of their mysterious marriage. One says they married on 7th August 1998, another says they married on 7th October 1998 and divorced in 1999 but I read somewhere they actually divorced in 2002.
Poor man. I wonder what he can feel when he watches Letizia with Felipe on TV and the consciousness that his ex-wife will be his Queen of Spain.

Last edited:
guido! why "poor man"?? perhaps that professor has so much generousness of the heart, that he wishes the best to his ex-wife for the future. and perhaps the professor enjoys the pics of the happy couple in TV or elsewhere...

There are different sources of their mysterious marriage. One says they married on 7th August 1998, another says they married on 7th October 1998 and divorced in 1999 but I read somewhere they actually divorced in 2002.
Poor man. I wonder what he can feel when he watches Letizia with Felipe on TV and the consciousness that his ex-wife will be his Queen of Spain.
Does anyone know the actual reason for this divorce? Why poor man--he could have been the cause!

Well apparently they didn't even see each other, because of their schedules. That's what I've always read.

You can hardly say "poor man" when they have not spoken publicly about their divorce, ergo we don't really know what happened. You have to give him some credit even, because he stayed quiet and kept a low profile even when he was being hounded by the paparazzis shortly before F&L married.

As for what he feels about Letizia being queen, I don't think he'd be thinking sentimentally--I've read that he has already remarried.

There are many pictures in this thread that I can not see and I'm looking for a picture of Letizia when she was approximately 10 years or more and she was with Paloma Rocasolano. Someone can help me?

:previous: I remember seeing them too (Paloma had long hair in the photo) but they may have been removed because of the copyright thingy.

Oh, the horrible 1990s style! Even Letizia fell victim to the unflattering jeans and bulky sweaters. Despite the outfit, she was beautiful when she was younger (and still is).

Back
Top Bottom