Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Queen Letizia's Current Events Part 1

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
The Forum Moderators

My goodness what a look!! It's perfect for her.

It's going take awhile in a Spanish thread for me to see "HM The Queen" and not think HM Queen Sofia.

Letizia was brilliant at that spontaneous reaction for the previous speaker, who made a mistake in her name.

I'll be the first to admit I hate wearing skirts or dresses, but on the other hand I also admit there are times when there is no other option. IMO it almost seems like disrespect for a queen to attend an official engagement in pants.

I'll be the first to admit I hate wearing skirts or dresses, but on the other hand I also admit there are times when there is no other option. IMO it almost seems like disrespect for a queen to attend an official engagement in pants.

I hate wearing pants, I wear skirts and dresses all the time. But pants are as good and elegant clothes as skirts and dresses. I just hate them on me and feel really uncomfortable in them. That is my problem. But I don't understand at all why a royal woman should always wear skirt or dress.

I think it is not a question of wearing pants or dress. Today, Letizia looked very elegant wearing pants at Spanish Red Cross Anniversary, but she looked disgusting wearing pants at Iberdrola Foundation scholarships delivery.

I think it is not a question of wearing pants or dress. Today, Letizia looked very elegant wearing pants at Spanish Red Cross Anniversary, but she looked disgusting wearing pants at Iberdrola Foundation scholarships delivery.

Why did she looked disgusting?

Can you tell us what happened?:flowers:
In this video posted by Lula you can hear Letizia answering in English to the president of the Red Cross in Philippines (around 0:30). Seems that he called Letizia "Queen Felicidad", which means "Hapiness" in Spanish. Her reaction was funny, indeed: "You can call me Queen Happiness, that´s a nice name" :lol:
Letizia: “Puede llamarme Reina Felicidad” - Terra
Oh well, at last her "new" name was beautiful...:p

Last edited:

Why did she look disgusting wearing pants at Iberdrola Foundation? Were her "private parts" too obviously on display, as that would be the only reason for word disgusting being used. I truly didn't notice that pants were jammed were they shouldn't have been.

I love QL speech, (excellent English pronunciation) when she welcomed some of the members of the RC. I find QL more relaxed now in her role. She looked elegant today, lovely outfit, perfect for the RC presentation where many of the people are dressed with uniforms. I agree with Noor Mariam the capri pants for Iberdrola not appropriate. She should not wear capris ever in formal presentations. I think her style would not change that much, but she has to wear clothes fit for her role as QL of Spain.

I agreed, I would not said "disgusting" but inappropriate for a Queen in a formal presentation

queen happiness: priceless! :)
funny that he confused her name (particularly since felicidad and letizia are not two words that resemble...), but i liked how letizia handled it.
the video is here, you can hear her speaking in english:

Doña Letizia, la 'Reina Felicidad': 'Me puede llamar así, ¡suena muy bien!'

what's wrong with her trousers? i liked her blue trousers at the red cross event...

but i agree on the capri pants: not fit for a queen on duty.

funny that he confused her name (particularly since felicidad and letizia are not two words that resemble...), but i liked how letizia handled it.

what's wrong with her trousers? i liked her blue trousers at the red cross event...

Has anyone come across a video the Queen's full speech at the Red Cross event? Thank you

Thank you so much for posting this video! For the first time ever, I have been able to hear Queen Letizia speak in English and with that I was able to get an impression of her personality and character that I could not do when hearing her speak Spanish. I was struck by her warmth and the genuine way in which she spoke to her hosts. She reminded me a little of Maxima in her speech.

Thank you so much for posting this video! For the first time ever, I have been able to hear Queen Letizia speak in English and with that I was able to get an impression of her personality and character that I could not do when hearing her speak Spanish. I was struck by her warmth and the genuine way in which she spoke to her hosts.

Yes, seconded, that was really enjoyable to watch:flowers:

I agree with Noor Mariam the capri pants for Iberdrola not appropriate. She should not wear capris ever in formal presentations.

While you are absolutely correct that her capris were not appropriate for that event, that still did not make them disgusting, which means an altogether different thing.

Her reaction was priceless! Great sense of humor and a wonderful way to handle it. So much more relaxed as queen. I'm loving what I'm seeing!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Thank you so much for posting this video! For the first time ever, I have been able to hear Queen Letizia speak in English and with that I was able to get an impression of her personality and character that I could not do when hearing her speak Spanish. I was struck by her warmth and the genuine way in which she spoke to her hosts. She reminded me a little of Maxima in her speech.

Yes I agree it was a wonderful warm moment & I really like 'Queen Happiness' :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom