Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 -

Welcome to
Queen Letizia's Current Events Part 1

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!
The Forum Moderators

Old 06-20-2014, 04:28 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Letizia : Life and style
QUEEN LETIZIA KING FELIPE | Selda Göktaş

Old 06-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Nobility

The perfect Queen!
family awesome
Old 06-23-2014, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.The Queen will today open the "El Greco and modern painting" at the
Prado Museum in Madrid.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de Espaa - Actividades y Agenda - Inauguracin de la exposicin "El Greco y la pintura moderna"

La Reina inaugura 'El Greco y la Pintura Moderna' en el Museo del Prado | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 06-23-2014, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

My goodness what a look!! It's perfect for her.

It's going take awhile in a Spanish thread for me to see "HM The Queen" and not think HM Queen Sofia.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Letizia takes part in first solo engagement since coronation - hellomagazine.com

Spain's Queen Letizia opens El Greco and modern painting exhibition at The Prado
Old 06-24-2014, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 06-24-2014, 07:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video

Doa Letizia se da cita con El Greco en su primer acto como Reina

Old 06-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Queen Letizia of Spain looks blooming lovely in Hugo Boss florals | Mail Online
Old 07-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia was brilliant at that spontaneous reaction for the previous speaker, who made a mistake in her name.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Courtier

I'll be the first to admit I hate wearing skirts or dresses, but on the other hand I also admit there are times when there is no other option. IMO it almost seems like disrespect for a queen to attend an official engagement in pants.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I'll be the first to admit I hate wearing skirts or dresses, but on the other hand I also admit there are times when there is no other option. IMO it almost seems like disrespect for a queen to attend an official engagement in pants.
I hate wearing pants, I wear skirts and dresses all the time. But pants are as good and elegant clothes as skirts and dresses. I just hate them on me and feel really uncomfortable in them. That is my problem. But I don't understand at all why a royal woman should always wear skirt or dress.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Nobility

I think it is not a question of wearing pants or dress. Today, Letizia looked very elegant wearing pants at Spanish Red Cross Anniversary, but she looked disgusting wearing pants at Iberdrola Foundation scholarships delivery.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Letizia was brilliant at that spontaneous reaction for the previous speaker, who made a mistake in her name.
Can you tell us what happened?
Old 07-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
I think it is not a question of wearing pants or dress. Today, Letizia looked very elegant wearing pants at Spanish Red Cross Anniversary, but she looked disgusting wearing pants at Iberdrola Foundation scholarships delivery.
Why did she looked disgusting?
Old 07-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Can you tell us what happened?
In this video posted by Lula you can hear Letizia answering in English to the president of the Red Cross in Philippines (around 0:30). Seems that he called Letizia "Queen Felicidad", which means "Hapiness" in Spanish. Her reaction was funny, indeed: "You can call me Queen Happiness, thats a nice name"
Letizia: €œPuede llamarme Reina Felicidad€ - Terra
Oh well, at last her "new" name was beautiful...

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 07-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
Why did she look disgusting wearing pants at Iberdrola Foundation? Were her "private parts" too obviously on display, as that would be the only reason for word disgusting being used. I truly didn't notice that pants were jammed were they shouldn't have been.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Gentry

I love QL speech, (excellent English pronunciation) when she welcomed some of the members of the RC. I find QL more relaxed now in her role. She looked elegant today, lovely outfit, perfect for the RC presentation where many of the people are dressed with uniforms. I agree with Noor Mariam the capri pants for Iberdrola not appropriate. She should not wear capris ever in formal presentations. I think her style would not change that much, but she has to wear clothes fit for her role as QL of Spain.

Tags
queen letizia