Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonmaiden, I think yoy should start by reading the full speech, because obviously you have not understood it.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Palabras de Su Majestad la Reina en la Segunda Conferencia Internacional sobre Nutrición

The main theme of this conference was the NUTRITION, and the main issues were the problem of hunger and obesity problem, and the consequences of both in the health.

NewsÂ*| FAO | Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations

Rome Declaration on Nutrition

http://www.fao.org/3/a-ml542e.pdf

Your comments seem more directed to speculate about Letizia and her thinness, that to talk about her speech at the conference.

I did read the speech, more than once. Your reposting of the information changes nothing, I stand by my comments.

I didn't label HM's remarks "useless" as did Al-bina, yet you have decided to single ME out for a rebuttal because I think Letizia's focus on obesity at the conference was not encompassing enough??

As for your ridiculous insinuation that my comments are some kind of excuse to rag on HM's thinness, I would be as critical of Albert of Monaco or Teresa of Luxembourg as I am of Letizia. None of them appear healthy enough to lecture on nutrition.

Once again, we will simply have to disagree here.

Last edited:
of course you are right. letizia is only the latest addition to celebrities or royals who support a cause for whatever reason.

i find letizia no more credible than all the others who engage in such events. does their participation really make a difference or help the cause? i don't know. but it certainly helps to bring attention to themselves and to their image.
People think that a high-profile individual helps their cause. Always makes me laugh when a "star" makes a movie and then feels he is an expert on the subject and even then sits before Congress spouting his knowledge. We have entertainers telling us who to vote for, what food to eat and what country we should send our money to when in actual fact the entertainer should have just parted with a few of his own millions and then the organization would also have saved the millions funding the event also. Been to a few of these events in my day and believe me just another social event and most times disappointed that millions more was not raised for current pet cause.

As far as Letizia being the wrong person to speak on "hunger" because she is so thin, that is silly. Yes Letizia is thin and probably always will be. It is her DNA, gene code, ancestry, or what ever you want to call it. Her entire personal family gene pool is thin. Her hair and skin look healthy also her eyes. She will be one of those lucky woman that won't worry about weight until years after menopause, a problem, if all women were honest, they wish they could copy. This speech was fine and if given by Oprah, Sandra Bullock, Angelia or Michelle Obama would have been given acclamation. it was just the fact that Letizia gave it that has got people panties in a twist. JMO

As far as Letizia being the wrong person to speak on "hunger" because she is so thin, that is silly. Yes Letizia is thin and probably always will be. It is her DNA, gene code, ancestry, or what ever you want to call it. Her entire personal family gene pool is thin. Her hair and skin look healthy also her eyes. She will be one of those lucky woman that won't worry about weight until years after menopause, a problem, if all women were honest, they wish they could copy. This speech was fine and if given by Oprah, Sandra Bullock, Angelia or Michelle Obama would have been given acclamation. it was just the fact that Letizia gave it that has got people panties in a twist. JMO

Well written, I totally agree.

[As far as Letizia being the wrong person to speak on "hunger" because she is so thin, that is silly. Yes Letizia is thin and probably always will be. It is her DNA, gene code, ancestry, or what ever you want to call it. Her entire personal family gene pool is thin. Her hair and skin look healthy also her eyes. She will be one of those lucky woman that won't worry about weight until years after menopause, a problem, if all women were honest, they wish they could copy. This speech was fine and if given by Oprah, Sandra Bullock, Angelia or Michelle Obama would have been given acclamation. it was just the fact that Letizia gave it that has got people panties in a twist. JMO]// quote

You are right Winnie. Letizia is quite perfect, and anyone who even mildly criticizes anything about her as I did is just silly and wrong .

I will "untwist my panties" and not make the same mistake ever again.:cool:

BTW...if Oprah had given this same speech I would have laughed my head off. I couldn't care less about Sandra Bullock but she is SLIM AND HEALTHY looking at least. I don't have a clue who "Angelia" is and as for Michelle Obama, I would not have needed to praise or criticize her. The first lady's shills and haters here in the media would have taken care of it.

Last edited:
- Meeting with Pope Francisco

http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap...7067006255.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap...7067003328.jpg

She really, honestly Looks divine in red.
But I am a bit surprised, that she wears red (but: hair up!) when Meeting the Pope. It does not seem to be an "official audience", also the Pope is known for not being strict on protocol.....
but I am still wondering.....
Comments?
BYe Bine

She looks fantastic and I have a hunch the Pope could care less what color she's in:flowers:

Well, she was at a conference (FAO) not at a private audience so it was not a formal meeting... They talked just for 5 minutes... They were both there and stopped by to chat I think :D

And agree about my beloved pope: he couldn't care less about dresses

Queen Letizia was not in Vatican. So she was not constrained by the protocol. An updo without braids was an improvement. The current Pope tries hard to be unconventional.

The late Mrs Gorbacheva opted for a red skirt and jacket with a black collar for John Paul II's audience in 1989.

Last edited:
BTW...if Oprah had given this same speech I would have laughed my head off. I couldn't care less about Sandra Bullock but she is SLIM AND HEALTHY looking at least. I don't have a clue who "Angelia" is and as for Michelle Obama, I would not have needed to praise or criticize her. The first lady's shills and haters here in the media would have taken care of it.

You do know that Winfrey struggled with an eating disorder? Nothing to laugh here.

A conference on nutrition would truly be fruitless if it was just a free-for-all spitballing about the whole MASSIVE topic of malnutrition in all its forms.

So, it makes sense that Letizia talked about obesity. Other speakers and groups may have focused on other topics.

You do know that Winfrey struggled with an eating disorder? Nothing to laugh here.

Maybe you should remind the poster who brought Ms.Winfrey into the convo in the first place of that. I was discussing Letizia. And I wasn't laughing.

She looks fantastic and I have a hunch the Pope could care less what color she's in:flowers:

I agree that the Pope could care less about color of clothes anyone wears as he has so much more to worry about. He has a lovely warm smile and I truly admire him and what he is trying to accomplish through his faith.

Maybe you should remind the poster who brought Ms.Winfrey into the convo in the first place of that. I was discussing Letizia. And I wasn't laughing.

You said you would have laughed if Oprah was the speaker lmao

Maybe we should ask casareal for a medical certificate to legitimate Letizia's engagement here. :lol:

Your points are valid. All European royal ladies busy themselves with charitable causes as they try hard to show their usefulness and hard work. I do not think this supposedly hard work yields tangible results. Queen Maxima and Crown Princess Mary just live in better economic conditions or perhaps have less corrupt governments.

Spot on! :flowers:

Obesity is not the only manifestation of malnutrition. Bone and hair loss, problems with eyes and skin, organ failure and emaciation are also some of the consequences of malnutrition. Why no mention..not even a word, about that? The Spanish queen spoke as if she was addressing a conference on the obesity epidemic, in which her speech would have been appropriate. The one she presented was, in my humble opinion, sorely off the mark.

Do the starving children of the sub-Continent have bloated bellies because they are fat??

During her journalism career and during the early years of her marriage Letizia was a slim but healthy looking woman. Frankly that is no longer the case. For someone who looks as skeletal as she does to now to lecture others on nutrition strikes me and many others as ironic.

We will agree to disagree here.

I agree with this. Malnutrition comes in different forms, and they are equally of concern. Yes, obesity is a big problem, but so is anorexia. - The link below quotes 30 million people in the US alone suffering from eating disorders, and eating disorders come with lack of adequate nutrition. If issues like this are not brought up on international forums on malnutrition, why should that be?

https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/get-facts-eating-disorders

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks redtulip. I live in a city where young women and girls are literally starving themselves in their formative years to attain a ghastly and unrealistic image of what the media-and many famous women-project to them as the perfect body. Anorexia along with obesity are both very real problems in the West. So when I read posts insisting that it's mainly just obesity it makes me shake my head.

I'm kind of over this conversation, frankly. I've made dozens of comments about Letizia. Many times I've said I think she is the most beautiful of the current Royal spouses. She apparently has a great marriage with Felipe. She wears stylish clothes and her children are out of a storybook. But make one disapproving post and her fan club pounces on me like flies on waste.

In the interest of full disclosure some of you folks should warn people that the Letizia threads are for die hard fans only-no dissent allowed.

Last edited:
It's very much the case here in Australia; too many young women are seriously undernourished and suffer from eating disorders because of advertising and celebrity images in particular.

I do not subscribe to the view that posting pink is right and posting anything else is wrong.

I repeat what I said earlier, you are talking of diseases that according to the World Health Organization are mental illnesses... if those people do not eat, it is a decision product of a distorted view of reality and consequence of a psychological problem. The nutritional problem is only one aspect of those diseases that are more complex, and must be analyzed from different perspectives... and probably WHO organize meetings to this specific topic.

That was not the subject of this conference, the theme of the conference was nutrition, and the main elements to analyze the problems of hunger and obesity. The dozens of diseases that are linked to good or poor diet were not analyzed in detail.

For example, recently at a conference of the Spanish Association Against Cancer, which queen Letizia attended, experts spoke of the importance of diet in recovering cancer patients. She could have talked about this issue, because it is linked to an organization she presides, but did not speak specifically about it, because the conference had another approach.

Can we keep this thread on topic any further non current event posts will be deleted without warning.

Queen Letizia of Spain is glamorous in grey for charity conference in Palma | Daily Mail Online

DM's reporting is so bad, Letizia has attended this congress at least 3 times. But they always have nice pictures.

You hit the nail on the head on that one. DM photos are probably the only nice thing about this publication. I can't count the number of times that their articles have been proven false. Don't know why they have not been sued more often for starting nasty snide rumors

The ceremony was moving, very well organized with the two hosts. And it is always good to see Letizia speaking, she seems so passionate at what she says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom