Queen Letizia and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Duke, El Mundo has a whole section devoted to absolute gossip. Before they published gossip news on Saturdays, now every day in their online edition. And always Spanish newspaper have a gossip section.

In the end they are all the same ... some writing in Vanitatis write in El Mundo, and participate in the same television programs commenting gossip. It's a real mafia in which they feed off each other, because in the end they are all the same and the only thing that matters is to continue to have prominence, publicity and easy money. It is unfortunate to see how some of these people have degraded their profession in recent years, only to continue making money.

Donna, the most paradoxical is that who say these things on TV, ask those people on twitter where they have seen the Prince and Princess.

You'll find 'trashy gossips' all over this board, its not exclusive for Letizia, Mette-Marit & Haakon being the latest example. Its the old discussion about the 'credible source', I am not saying that Vanitatis is the most credible source on this planet but even 'serious' newspapers like El Mundo or El Pais are printing those stories, having different motivations, I guess. Everybody is free to believe what they want anyway. I think this forum is very civil when talking about royals, including Letizia, there are far more trashy forums out there than this one.

All over this board with stories on other royals from similar websites like Vanitatis or trashy magazines ? Where ? Except for some sugary stories from the sugary magazines, I don't see many stories about other royals on this board.

People were bringing in the stories of Haakon and MM because they were on the super sugary royal magazines like Hola/Hello, on the internet. Of course the Norwegian media were not allowed to comment on rumors even though it seemed they really wanted to.

Last edited:
DOM: there are far more trashy forums out there than this one.

Oh how right you are, one really makes me scared for the royals for they are very dangerous and threatening...............if royals knew about them, they should be cautious.

Obviously you read gossips and want to believe the worst ones, otherwise how could you know she went out every weekend with her friends ? Did you see her and her friends personally ? The yellow press tends to exaggerate things all the time

Sorry, but your opinion about me is totally wrong because I NEVER read gossips, it is not my style at all.

It is not necessary to belong to Letizia's group in order to know about her. She is the Princess of Asturias so, it is impossible for her to have a total private life. She can not hide from people when she goes here or there.

You ask me how I know about her. Well, as I told before, I am not going to speak here about my life or my sources. You and others must know that people working for the Royal House including bodyguards dont belong to yellow press....They all are very serious and responsible people and their opinions are not gossips at all. On the contrary, they all have a REAL vision of her.

And that is all I am going to tell about this subject.

Last edited:
They all can buzz off, going out with friends, you know, people who are not involved in the court, is imo a good thing. At least there are people she can trust and not gossip to random people about her free time. I´m pretty sure the kids are not neglected and Felipe not an old fashioned man who wants his wife cutting off everyone.

And btw it´s not long ago when rumours of MM being unfaithul occured. O mon dieu.. (not that I do believe them though, I have sadly no insiders in a palace).

Last edited:
Sorry, but your opinion about me is totally wrong because I NEVER read gossips, it is not my style at all.

It is not necessary to belong to Letizia's group in order to know about her. She is the Princess of Asturias so, it is impossible for her to have a total private life. She can not hide from people when she goes here or there.

You ask me how I know about her. Well, as I told before, I am not going to speak here about my life or my sources. You and others must know that people working for the Royal House including bodyguards dont belong to yellow press....They all are very serious and responsible people and their opinions are not gossips at all. On the contrary, they all have a REAL vision of her.

And that is all I am going to tell about this subject.

Sure you never read gossips, but your previous posts looked like the recaps of Vanitatis.

I don't think Letizia wants a total private life, but every public needs a certain degree of privacy. A certain sector of the Spanish press accusing Letizia not willing to be a 7/24 royal is completely silly since there is no 7/24 on-duty royal in this world, every royal has a break, most of them have disappeared much more often and longer than Letizia. Letizia is one of the very few royals who actually has public events every week, thus has been seen in public every week except for the summer/winter break.

Last edited:
Some articles in the mainstream press (is there any mainstream press left in Spain, without an agenda?)
El Mundo writes as well about a couple in crisis

http://www.elmundo.es/opinion/2014/01/27/52e6b0baca47411d538b457a.html
http://www.lavozlibre.com/noticias/...oncas-y-rebeldia-en-publico-agravan-su-crisis

Its about the often mentioned 'rebellion' or disagreements in public,
I have spoken with at least three senior government officials in recent times who have witnessed fights between Don Felipe and Doña Letizia . A high political leader of Madrid told me how Letizia mocked publicly and loudly the other day about the lack of wit of her husband when he said "We are errands " because the protocol made ​​them wait .

but the article also recognises a specific character strength:
"Letizia, rejected by the King and the Infantas, continues the history of masochistic queens of Spain" :p

Last edited:
[/I]but the article also recognises a specific character strength:
"Letizia, rejected by the King and the Infantas, continues the history of masochistic queens of Spain" :p

It says "she refused, and did well, to continue the masochistic history of the queens of Spain".

This article is really a mystery, people only read the gossip about the crisis, but I think he mean other things but does not say then openly. It also speaks of intrigues, London and mentions certain historical figures.

In recent days, in response to these rumors are emerging for the first time voices saying that this is an attack on the Prince and Princess, the enemy is at Zarzuela and that the aim is to prevent the abdication.

Magazines are of money and Letizia is money. This week write this, and next week may write the opposite. All the interpretation of Diez Minutos is that she is serious and distant, because she wears repeated clothing and dark colors ... quite absurd.

Since January last year, and with the appearance of the word abdication, the gossip machinery is directed to question Letizia and her marriage, because it really is the only way that is left for those who want to keep Juan Carlos in power or those who want to end the monarchy. In the end these two extremes are uniting in a common purpose. What happened is the first week in January activated again the machinery more harshly than ever.

I think it is not even the press ... there are very important political and economic interests, and are the people who manage those interests that are moving this.

Well, lets face it, the "bad-mouthing" of Letizia is certainly taking the heat off of Cristina. One has to wonder if this is the true reason for this silliness being increased. The haters are lucky she hasn't turned on them----I am sure with her inside knowledge, she could "topple the crown". Me, at her age, I would have destroyed them all by now for being so weak and letting them try to defame me. Especially wimp Felipe.

Sure you never read gossips, but your previous posts looked like the recaps of Vanitatis.

I don't think Letizia wants a total private life, but every public needs a certain degree of privacy. A certain sector of the Spanish press accusing Letizia not willing to be a 7/24 royal is completely silly since there is no 7/24 on-duty royal in this world, every royal has a break, most of them have disappeared much more often and longer than Letizia. Letizia is one of the very few royals who actually has public events every week, thus has been seen in public every week except for the summer/winter break.

Sorry Donna, I dont understand what you mean... What is Vanitatis??

Of course, Royals dont have to stay 24 hours a day on their royal duties. But the problem of Letizia is that she wants to be "princess" with a schedule. Being princess or queen require to be available even during weekends.

Queen Sofia has a complete week away and nothing happens, there are queens and princesses having three or four acts in one week and then disappear for weeks and nothing happens. Normally acts on weekend are few to any member of royalty.

The legend that Letizia works fron 8 to 3 and does not work on weekends is totally false... and invented by Vanitatis.

Princess Letizia usually has at least two events every week, never has a full week without events, only in the Christmas, Easter and Summer holidays.
When she has to go to an event at the weekend, she goes. But besides princess, she is a mother, and it makes sense if she prefers to have events during the week and spend the weekend with her daughters.

The birthday of the Prince has become a campaign ... Prince Felipe does his job very well, but their marriage is in crisis, and Letizia is a problem.

Someone on Zarzuela, that never said anything about private live (unless it serve to attack Letizia) seems to have helped telling press that the marriage has "ups and downs".

El pulso entre las fotos y los rumores sobre Don Felipe y Doa Letizia - ABC.es

Zarzuela dice que en el matrimonio del Prncipe 'slo hay altibajos' | Espaa | EL MUNDO

And there are others who directly have very clear this story...

"They want to avoid the abdication of the king at the cost of breaking the marriage of the Prince"

"Quieren evitar la abdicacin del rey a costa de romper el matrimonio del prncipe" - Chic

"They talk about the ups and downs of the PoA´s marriage, but they shut up about the King´s downs"

Sorry, I dislike a lot FJL, but I had to laugh after that quote :lol:

It´s so obvious for everybody right now, that it´s quite pathetic, IMO :cool:

Last edited:
What marriage hasnt up and downs, let alone those in the public eye. The crisis story is BS and I dont believe that anyone is falling for it. IMO this marriage will never break, even if the pressure on the personal relation will prove too much in the coming years, they will pull through it just like King and Queen, simply because both have invested far too much to give up, ever.

Another story I dont get is that of the rings, the wedding ring has nothing to do with the corruption scandal, this supposedly applies to the engagement ring only, so why does this rumor persist that Letizia doesnt wear her wedding ring anymore because of Inaki. Thats BS too. There must be other reasons why she stopped wearing it, but I wouldnt go as far to say she did because the marriage is in crisis. Its weird though, because Felipe wears his and taking it off will always invite speculation.

What marriage hasnt up and downs, let alone those in the public eye. The crisis story is BS and I dont believe that anyone is falling for it. IMO this marriage will never break, even if the pressure on the personal relation will prove too much in the coming years, they will pull through it just like King and Queen, simply because both have invested far too much to give up, ever.

Another story I dont get is that of the rings, the wedding ring has nothing to do with the corruption scandal, this supposedly applies to the engagement ring only, so why does this rumor persist that Letizia doesnt wear her wedding ring anymore because of Inaki. Thats BS too. There must be other reasons why she stopped wearing it, but I wouldnt go as far to say she did because the marriage is in crisis. Its weird though, because Felipe wears his and taking it off will always invite speculation.

Whilst the absent wedding ring maybe a cause for nasty gossip,there could also be another reason.Letizia does look like she's in good shape and exercises,it may not fit her any more or else she doesn't like wearing jewelry.

The theme of the ring is stupid ... stupid as claiming that she wants to have a private life, or go out with her ​​friends as something bad. They are absurd arguments. This time the campaign is worse than ever, as they need arguments, so they use anything even that is absurd or unreasonable.

The problem is that according to the Spanish press, a princess must be a woman of another century, to remain quiet, in the background and folded to the wishes of her husband, without voice or opinion. Many say she must be like other princesses, and thus show that they have no idea ... any princess has a more independent and influential life than Letizia.

This is no longer a topic of gossip, newspapers and serious journalists who are attacking Letizia mercilessly. There is a major campaign, with Zarzuela helping. Letizia is just the easy victim, the tool for other purposes.

Never mind how many newspapers talk about their ups and downs. Letizia has no worn her marriage ring since time ago, why ?? She always wore it in the past.

Why she makes fun of Felipe in public events ?. Lot of Spanish authorities and political journalists are eyewitnesses. Doing that is not polite at all....And please, dont tell me the rest of princesses do that with their husbands.

Last edited:
Noor Mariam, Maxima called her husband's actions "That was a bit stupid!" during their engagement interview... just an example.:whistling:

Last edited:
Why she makes fun of Felipe in public events ?. Lot of Spanish authorities and political journalists are eyewitnesses. Doing that is not polite at all....And please, dont tell me the rest of princesses do that with their husbands.
God, this long is the shadow of Cotilleando :p

The birthday of the Prince has become a campaign ... Prince Felipe does his job very well, but their marriage is in crisis, and Letizia is a problem.

Someone on Zarzuela, that never said anything about private live (unless it serve to attack Letizia) seems to have helped telling press that the marriage has "ups and downs".

El pulso entre las fotos y los rumores sobre Don Felipe y Doa Letizia - ABC.es

Zarzuela dice que en el matrimonio del Prncipe 'slo hay altibajos' | Espaa | EL MUNDO

And there are others who directly have very clear this story...

"They want to avoid the abdication of the king at the cost of breaking the marriage of the Prince"

"Quieren evitar la abdicacin del rey a costa de romper el matrimonio del prncipe" - Chic

OK . . . . I just read the ABC article and it is just cheap gossip, third party interpretations and old news . . . shame on the media :ermm:

Last edited:
Of course every normal marriage has 'ups and downs', but for a royal institution to make a comment like that is cheap and desperate. It just shows how desperate Zarzuela's anti-abdication campaign is.

Danishla, it's very clear now that ABC and Hola are pro-JC, La Razon (that hasn't joined any talk regarding the marital crisis) and FJL are pro Felipe and Letizia. Although FJL was a bit exaggerated to say that father and son hate each other, but clearly there is a 'war' between the two camps now. The fact that Hola didn't put Felipe on the cover this week for his birthday, but La Razon did with a few comments from Felipe just confirms FJC's view. Felipe is a quiet and subtle person, he isn't 'on your face' like WA or even William to start a fight against whoever. On Tue, Felipe opened his speech with his statement of continuing support the park with wife together and looking forward visit all islands with his wife is his elegant way to rebute all those rumors and lies about his marriage IMO.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfL1sC3CUAEvMVb.png

Did she ? I haven't seen any audio/video of her doing that, thus I would call them a rumor with the fact that 'Let me finish' has been blown total out of proportion by the press. About the other princesses, I only know that the press in most countries don't talk about rumors like Spain.

Sorry Donna, I dont understand what you mean... What is Vanitatis??

Of course, Royals dont have to stay 24 hours a day on their royal duties. But the problem of Letizia is that she wants to be "princess" with a schedule. Being princess or queen require to be available even during weekends.

I'm surprised you didn't know Vanitatis website since like I said before your posts were recaps of Vanitatis.

Anyway, Letizia worked in the weekends or evenings, just as often as JC or Sofia. The only thing Felipe did more was to watch the sports games. If watching the sports games is a work, watching kids is a much harder job.

So for me it was a lie initiated by Vanitatis owner Paloma Barrientos, she started by saying that Letizia refused to attend the wedding of Princess Madeleine because she didn't want to work over the weekend. Where is the proof of Zarzuela sending Letizia for Madeleine's wedding ?

Princess Madeleine is not the direct heirness to the throne, if Zarzuela had wanted to someone to attend the wedding, it would likely be Elena, not Felipe and Letizia. What a lie from Paloma Barrientos ! But nothing new. Most of words coming out of the mouth of this woman on Letizia were lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm....and since when is putting on a gorgeous couture gown and tiara and attending a lavish Royal wedding considered "work"?

I don't believe that at all.

If only they had that cover Cristina... :whistling:

Yesterday was removed Pedro J. Ramirez, director of El Mundo newspaper. That newspaper raised the scandal Noos and Barcenas case, a corruption scandal that has caught the government... and in both cases business leaders also appear involved. The economic crisis of the newspaper has given the opportunity for the King and the government of leaving aside a bad enemy. And the crisis of Asturias, disclosed these days from the same newspaper, it has been the perfect smokescreen.

Duke, money and power ... at the end is that moves the world. In Spain many rich and powerful are on the brink by corruption scandals... some have fallen, others struggle with every means to stay.

Please note that speculative rants & name calling will not be permitted in this thread and will be deleted.If we can't keep it civil then the thread will be closed!

Thank You

Back
Top Bottom