Queen Letizia and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In that case, you all are wrong....The fact that I spend some time in Doha every year doens't mean that I am Arab and Muslim.
I thought that we could choose an username (that is not my real name) and an avatar (whatever we want), that is all. I hope I dont have to explain here my personal issues.

I am Spanish and I have been interested in monarchies even before I learnt to read, so imagine !!

My opinions about Letizia dont come from newspapers or tabloids. In fact I hate tabloids and gossips. I have always been very interested in the role of all the European princesses of nowadays, and for lot of Spanish people Letizia is a wrong choice by Felipe. She is very "teenager", she is a married woman and a princess nowadays, but her behaviour is very inappropiated....It is not normal she goes out with her girlfriends every weekend until last hours in the night to pubs or discos, she is not 16 or 18, she is 40!! We all expect that she stays at home with her husband and daughters. If she wants to go out with the Prince, it is perfect but not going out like a teenager. It is not only a matter of marital status and age, it is also because nowadays she is Princess of Asturias and future Queen.
Mette-Marit of Norway had a "crazy" past, but nowadays she is a princess and she have had a great and perfect evolution.

Regarding the book written by her cousin David, I havent read it, for me it is rubbish !! But it is a fact that the book had an impact on the news specially at first moment. It is disgusting that her cousin behaved like a traitor. But it is also true that things her cousin David explained in his book were not new for us...Lot of people knew about her abortion and others, it is only that people didnt speak about it only for respect.

People working for Royal House dont have a good opinion about her, that is a real fact, not a gossip.

To sum up, Letizia must be very conscious of her role and position nowadays, she is not more Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, journalist, single and anonimous citizen living in a flat and going out whenever she wants and doing whatever she wants....Now she is a princess and the future Queen.

And how do you know that? Did you talk to them, personally? Did they tell you what they think about Letizia?
If you didn't hear that directly from them, it's a gossip, you are repeating something you did not hear from people you are talking about.

BTW, facts are always real.

=

My opinions about Letizia dont come from newspapers or tabloids. In fact I hate tabloids and gossips. I have always been very interested in the role of all the European princesses of nowadays, and for lot of Spanish people Letizia is a wrong choice by Felipe. She is very "teenager", she is a married woman and a princess nowadays, but her behaviour is very inappropiated....It is not normal she goes out with her girlfriends every weekend until last hours in the night to pubs or discos, she is not 16 or 18, she is 40!! We all expect that she stays at home with her husband and daughters. If she wants to go out with the Prince, it is perfect but not going out like a teenager. It is not only a matter of marital status and age, it is also because nowadays she is Princess of Asturias and future Queen.
Mette-Marit of Norway had a "crazy" past, but nowadays she is a princess and she have had a great and perfect evolution.

Obviously you read gossips and want to believe the worst ones, otherwise how could you know she went out every weekend with her friends ? Did you see her and her friends personally ? The yellow press tends to exaggerate things all the time, she went to concerts like 4 or 5 times a year, they talked as if she went every weekend, occasionally she went to dinner or have a drink with her friends, they said she went every weekend, absolutely no proof of it. We heard the most was that she went to see a movie with Felipe over the weekend.
Perhaps you need to inform well about other royals before doing any comparison. Mette-Marit spent lots of time abroad attending international conferences, fashion shows/parties. She rarely worked in Norway, when she had to work, she was often ill/sick. Overall she didn't even do half of the acts Letizia did. She got away in Norway because the Norwegians are much more relaxed. No way MM would survive in Spain with press scrutinizing her each move.

Last edited:
I've re-opened this thread after a short hiatus!

I would like to remind members of the following.

While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion and the right to express it in a RESPECTFUL manner, I would like to take this time to remind everyone of the TRF rules that they agree to when they joined the Forums. They are :

Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

Any and all posts that deviate from the above rules, will be deleted without warning. If anyone has any questions, please do not hestiate to contact any of the moderators or Administrators.

Thanking you

Semana.es caught Sofia and Letizia in an unguarded moment at their joint event last week. They both look so intense. Oh to be a fly on that wall.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/200smd0.jpg

Last edited:
Semana.es caught Sofia and Letizia in an unguarded moment at their joint event last week. They both look so intense.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/200smd0.jpg

This is an example of a photo captured in a second and taken completely out of context.

Here you have a video of the moment, Queen Sofia is not even talking to Princess Letizia, is reaching out and talking to a lady that is behind.

Video

La princesa Letizia se lía con el protocolo - 04/12/2013 - Ver vídeo online SÁLVAME

The video also shows that Queen Sofia is too preoccupied with each posed for the photo, she should be more relaxed and natural ... no wonder Princess of Asturias always move more comfortable and natural when she is alone.

But once again the news is created to harm Princess Letizia ... when she is the most innocent of the situation.

Queen Sofia makes mistakes, and she said so. She has admitted that the picture of Urdangarin and hers taken in Washington after the Noos scandal broke up, was a mistake.

She is not "that" professional. She was defending her own.

Last edited:
Queen Sofia makes mistakes, and she said so. She has admitted that the picture of Urdangarin and hers taken in Washington after the Noos scandal broke up, was a mistake.

When did she say that it was a mistake? I doubt she has ever spoken about Noos in public.

She has never spoken about Noos in public. She has acknowledged that the picture where she was photographed in Hola with Urdangarin in Washington, was a mistake.

Last edited:
She has never spoken about Noos in public. She has acknowledged that the picture where she was photographed in Hola with Urdangarin, was a mistake.

Can you provide a link to back that up Alondra,thanks!

The Queen has never said anything about that photo ... and if she really was aware, she did not pose with a huge smile every time we see her with Infanta Cristina.

The problem is that the Queen still thinks that posing for the press with a big smile she solves everything, and not... but she has been doing it all her life, and has so internalized that attitude will not change.

I have a question about Letizia going out with girlfriends till early in the morning. Do we have any pictures? yes we have pictures of her going to concerts, I think the most often WITH Felipe, but if even without, it is absolutely normal, they could have slightly different tastes in music! But I never saw a single pic of her, clubbying alone, never. I'm not talking about "tweets" anyone can tweet anything, like I can now tweet that I'm having lunch with Queen EII, but is the truth??
In our days, when almost everyone is carrying smartphones with good cameras, I think it would be a lot of people, if meeting the future Queen of Spain, having a good time alone (w/o her husband) in a bar at 04.00 a.m.... they would take pics and sell them... nice pocket money, no problem with privancy, a bar is a public place... and do not tell me about bodyguards.. because twitter or facebook are instantly operating, and after you cant' stop.
But personnally I never saw such pics. I do not say that she never does it and if she does it that it is bad, she is human. I just say that it should not happen so.... often.
Unless these thousand of pics do exist, and only me never saw them.

Last edited:
I have a question about Letizia going out with girlfriends till early in the morning. Do we have any pictures? yes we have pictures of her going to concerts, I think the most often WITH Felipe, but if even without, it is absolutely normal, they could have slightly different tastes in music! But I never saw a single pic of her, clubbying alone, never. I'm not talking about "tweets" anyone can tweet anything, like I can now tweet that I'm having lunch with Queen EII, but is the truth??
In our days, when almost everyone is carrying smartphones with good cameras, I think it would be a lot of people, if meeting the future Queen of Spain, having a good time alone (w/o her husband) in a bar at 04.00 a.m.... they would take pics and sell them... nice pocket money, no problem with privancy, a bar is a public place... and do not tell me about bodyguards.. because twitter or facebook are instantly operating, and after you cant' stop.
But personnally I never saw such pics. I do not say that she never does it and if she does it that it is bad, she is human. I just say that it should not happen so.... often.

I have never seen pics of Letizia clubbing with friends until the early morning..... and given the fact, that everybody has Smartphones today and many have Twitter/FB accounts, we WOULD know from 1000 sources, if it WOULD be true. So I am 100% sure, that this is NOT true.

Occasionally we can see her in a restaurant with friends, or going to the cinema/concert with Felipe (btw always tweeted from others, who saw them). So in total she is doing less private evenings outside than I do :lol:.... poor Letizia :whistling:.
BYe Bine

The Queen has never said anything about that photo ... and if she really was aware, she did not pose with a huge smile every time we see her with Infanta Cristina.

The problem is that the Queen still thinks that posing for the press with a big smile she solves everything, and not... but she has been doing it all her life, and has so internalized that attitude will not change.

I agree, IMO Sofia has never acknowledged anything regarding the Washington incident. I remember that the King thought it was wrong, asked her not to go, and was angry because a) she went and b) the photo became a cover of Hola (according to some websites).

Instead of Sofia acknowlediging her actions were a mistake, I rather think she still thinks she did the right thing.

This is an example of a photo captured in a second and taken completely out of context.

Here you have a video of the moment, Queen Sofia is not even talking to Princess Letizia, is reaching out and talking to a lady that is behind.

Video

La princesa Letizia se lía con el protocolo - 04/12/2013 - Ver vídeo online SÁLVAME

The video also shows that Queen Sofia is too preoccupied with each posed for the photo, she should be more relaxed and natural ... no wonder Princess of Asturias always move more comfortable and natural when she is alone.

But once again the news is created to harm Princess Letizia ... when she is the most innocent of the situation.

Omg the video. She seems a bit disoriented, but to create a freaking drama out of this is so sad. :shock:

Omg the video. She seems a bit disoriented, but to create a freaking drama out of this is so sad. :shock:

LOL. After ten years of marriage, Letizia is still being pushed and dragged and shown where to stand by hubby and MIL like a stupid little girl. I mean, what is so difficult about standing where when posing for a photo - royals do little else when out and about.

It mainly seems good natured to me actually. In some cases it is nice for Queen Sofia to wait for until her d-i-l is next to het before she poses for the photographers.

I think this happens at most courts actually. Though some are more strict than others.

What's the fuss? It is queen Sofia at the video who is in such a hurry to organize everyone at the photos. It would have been much more nice and natural if she wouldn't have been messing around so much. Letizia is doing nothing wrong at the video.

We should be used to these types of comments by now. For some people, Letizia cannot do anything right.

We should be used to these types of comments by now. For some people, Letizia cannot do anything right.
I agree. It just seems like nothing she does is ever quite right. And after watching the video the way the Queen moves from place to place would confuse me too. She seems a little bit frantic in her movements, even when she is doing solo engagements. As of late, we have seen Letizia do more engagements. I will say that I think that it's been difficult for her to find "niche".

LOL. After ten years of marriage, Letizia is still being pushed and dragged and shown where to stand by hubby and MIL like a stupid little girl. I mean, what is so difficult about standing where when posing for a photo - royals do little else when out and about.

At the sports award, Sofia was the highest ranked, she should be standing at the center for a group picture (not a receiving line) by protocol. Letizia was right at standing on the left hand side of Sofia, since Felipe was already on the left, don't know why Felipe insisted his wife standing by him. How could a royal crown prince by birth not know the royal protocol ? LOL :lol:. Even a prince whose blood is blue could be human, make mistakes sometimes.

Actually Letizia seldomly stood on the wrong side, it was usually Felipe who made strange requests, confused her, if you still remember last year (or the year before) the air force day parade.

I don't see anything wrong of Letizia walking behind her MIL. If she walked next to her MIL, I bet someone would accuse her violating protocols too . Perhaps Sofia thought it was not a formal event, thus she wanted her DIL next to her.

Last edited:

Agree 100%. The Spanish tabloids tend to exaggerate things, even if she went out once very blue moon because of her friend's birthday or a special occasion, some sleezy journalists would still say she went quite often to sell the story.
I guess economy is bad, everyone is quite desperate. I was very shocked to see a reputed veteran journalist went to TV to tell a story of Letizia being pregnant this summer.

If I understand well, the RF stands everywhere, without communicate between them for the rule to follow, and poor Q Sofia tries to arrange them all.

The video was from one of the most trashy gossip shows in Spain, they usually lied/exaggerated things to make stories.

Donna, on the photo of the Sport prizes, princess Letizia should be next to the prince if Infanta Elena had been in her place next to the Queen... but Infanta Elena placed where she wanted without following any protocol. The prince was right, but was not aware that her sister was not where she should.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+National+Sports+Awards+2013+UOCHVbojEyfl.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+attend+National+Sports+Awards+YM-mG1Q5DRPl.jpg

Elena didn't follow the protocol first. But when Felipe asked his wife to move to his side, he should be able to see his sister was not on the other side of his Mom, the Queen who should be standing at the center by protocol.

This video link does not work for me, could someone provide another one please? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom