The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Royal Highness

Two weeks ago, I read an article about the Princess and their daughters, it said that due to a busy agenda, Leonor and Sofia had been through some "bad times", because they are missing mummy and daddy. The article also said that this has been a subject on the spanish press, but I don't find anything on reliable spanish press about this matter
Probably, this is one of those big truths created by the press Neverthless, I was wondering if anyone have ever read something about this, since I'm having troubles in finding this believable.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Juanita, the Spanish press has not published news of this type, so I imagine that the news is of the Portuguese or German yellow press.

In this aspect the Spanish Royal Family always has done of the children a priority, the Queen Sofia did and the Princess of Asturias does it. The Prince and the Infantas, were not raised like have recognized other princes of their generation only by the babysitters, the Queen always was very near to her children. The princess always has said that her priority is to be a mother, over being the Princess of Asturias, she has reduced her trips from the birth of the girls and in general the trips of the Spanish Royal Family are shorter than those of other royal families, I believe that the princess has not been more than 5 days separated from her daughters.

In addition, they know that not only they take care and educate their children, they are educating the members of a Royal Family who are going to have a life different from that of other children.

The princes in general have a work complicated to arrange in occasions with the children, but ultimately, are like other parents who work and it seems that the new generations are able to arrange well both roles.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I actually think that Felipe and Letizia see more of their children than the average full time working parent. Leonor and Sofia are both in school (almost full day) / daycare anyway. Felipe and Letizia do have a busy schedule but very often an event is limited to 2 or 3 hours, and they are not out and about every single day of the week and can be at home at "regular working hours" that apply to other parents. I assume F&L have 1 or 2 live-in nannies who will look after the children when they are travelling or have to attend evening events (can't imagine Sofia sen. or JC doing regular babysitting). Usually the working schedule is non-flexible and ad hoc situations can occur when the parents will have to put duty above the children but it doesn't happen too often.

The media will always find something to write about but in this case, well, the average kid with both parents working will have more to complain about than Leonor and Sofia, who are privileged in any way.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Royal Highness

I also thought this was a nonsense, but even so, just wanted to be sure. The portuguese press is getting worse and worse, everyday.
Thank you, lula and Duke of Marmalade
Old 02-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Obviously there is an exclusive interview or cover(age) in next months' Vanity Fair around the corner. In the past weeks there were also rumors of something similar with Y Dona (part of El Mundo newspaper).

The new head of comms in Zarzuela seems to break with the usual equality of media and the royals not giving exclusive interviews or granting photoshoots.

Letizia concede una entrevista a Vanity Fair - NOTICIAS - Hoxe en Xornal de Galicia 1º Diario Dixital de Galicia
La exclusiva de Letizia a Vanity Fair
Doña Letizia íntima y lo de Marichalar en carretilla desata el fuego - ESD
Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

When I will see it I will believe it. According to the gossip journalists it is in the number of March, and this magazine has to be in the shops this week.

It is not the first time that the yellow press extends the rumor that the Princess has granted an interview, they do a tremendous scandal, and finally only it is one more article about her where there is nothing new. The magazine obtains many advertising and the journalists of gossip have topic to speak and to criticize. It is what happens when you are the most profitable personage for the press.

It is difficult enough to believe when not even the Prince granted an interview in his 40th birthday. It is difficult that a member of the Royal Family grants an interview, and when they do it is coinciding with some special event. And are they going to break their rules with the interview that all the journalists of Spain want?
Old 02-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus

It would be necessary to wait and see. Rumours never confirms nothing.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I agree, in the end it might just be a normal news article, without spectacular photos. Other royals have done similar things with Vanity Fair, like Rania or Marie Chantal. Royals on the cover always sell well maybe there is a change of style with the arrival of Ramón Iribarren, not sure though that Spaniards want their royals become celebrities It's really hard to believe that there will be a home story a la Rania or Pavlos & MC with exclusive shots and a sugary interview.
Los Príncipes de Asturias, en el «Vanity Fair» - Casas_Reales_Espana - Gente - ABC.es
Old 02-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, Ramon Iribarren arrived to Zarzuela in the middle of January, by then the article already would be made. The monthly magazines like Vanity Fair work with certain anticipation, are not like the magazines of gossips that are published every week. Maybe it's a warning for him to see what awaits him if he allows the Princess to grant an interview.

It will be necessary to wait some days, how I have said the monthly magazines of March are published this week.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:03 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

No exclusive, at least not on the cover.
http://www.revistavanityfair.es/default.323.htm
Old 02-16-2010, 05:03 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The mystery of the appointment in the palace with the princes
Blog - La actualidad rosa contada por Beatriz Cortázar en ABC.es - Blog ABC.es

The front page says "appointment in the palace" but the magazine does not want to confirm if they actually spoke to them. Zarzuela denies there was special treatment but those twisting words or alleged quotes menitoned in the article will cause some uproar among Spanish media as they have to come from somewhere. Either they do exclusives or they dont, a deliberately suggested pseude-exclusive is the worst choice. And if there was something that comes near an exclusive, why do it with Vanity Fair, the name says it all, the most shallow choice for somebody who is supposed to stand for serious work. What a nice reception for the new comms man in charge.

The mag will be on sale on Thursday.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that once again the press is manipulating to the people and the information, they take advantage of the ignorance of the people to create polemics. For anyone that follows habitually the chronicles of the journalists who follow the information of Royal House, there is no many innovation. In what I read there are commentaries and anecdotes that I already knew, because others had written them.

For my this article it is not different from the one that Yo Dona published one year ago. A magazine decides to do an article, and does a follow-up of the member of the Royal Family. And from there they do an article. When one is near, has more information (because like I have said often there are journalists who speak without go to an official act).

Neither it would be strange that they had met them, it is known that the Prince and the Princess support private meetings and lunchs with journalists. And those who come know that it is a private meeting and up to where they can speak.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Most likely. But still Vanity Fair tries to give the impression that their story is different but chosing the wording they did. There is the rumour that there were exclusive shots but Zarzuela withdrew permission at last minute for damage control reasons.

Another shot from inside the magazine, the core SRF with faces of thunder, what a choice. They don't look like royal life is fun.
http://blog.revistavanityfair.es/wp-..._principes.jpg
Old 02-16-2010, 05:47 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I've read it. Nothing new, it seems to be the same kind of article that was published in Yo Donna a few years ago. No interview with the Prince and Princess.
More of the same,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
There is the rumour that there were exclusive shots but Zarzuela withdrew permission at last minute for damage control reasons.
Maybe, but belive me, The Royal house knows wery well what would happened if Exclusive photos are taken. So I'm affraid that the rumor it is just a way of manipulate the information.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 AM
Royal Highness

Los Príncipes de Asturias, portada de Vanity Fair - El programa de Ana Rosa - Telecinco.es
Old 02-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that the own magazine is playing with the limits and what they want it is to sell copies, and they are obtaining an incredible and free advertising. It would be good that someone publishes the number of sales of the previous number of this magazine and of this one.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Moderator Emeritus

In this article, the Director of Vanity Fair Spain, Lourdes Garzón, confirms that Zarzuela never ask them to change the photos for damage control reasons, and that exlcusive photos never were taken. The photos were taken by a photographer during some official engagements of the Prince and Princess and those are the ones that appear in the mag.

Lourdes Garzón, directora de Vanity Fair: "No hemos recibido una llamada de Casa Real" - El programa de Ana Rosa - Telecinco.es

Google Traducir

Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
I believe that the own magazine is playing with the limits and what they want it is to sell copies, and they are obtaining an incredible and free advertising. It would be good that someone publishes the number of sales of the previous number of this magazine and of this one.
How true

Quote:
In this article, the Director of Vanity Fair Spain, Lourdes Garzón, confirms that Zarzuela never ask them to change the photos for damage control reasons, and that exlcusive photos never were taken. The photos were taken by a photographer during some official engagements of the Prince and Princess and those are the ones that appear in the mag.
They would honestly send their own photographer who is used to do exclusive portaits, eg of Elizabeth II, only to have him take some ordinary shots that have already been all over the agencies for two months at VF publishing date Whatever the truth, this whole rumour mill has been priceless advertising for VF
Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

I will expect to buy the magazine because still they have not distributed it in the whole Spain.

It is incredible but in television and in press, many have said and written things based only on rumors, and in a small advance of the part of gossip of the article, they have not even read the complete article. What in addition was not contributing anything new because they were phrases and anecdotes that other journalists already had written.

For what I have read great part of the article is about other things, and there are opinions of people who is employed at the House of the King, friends, journalists, politicians ... and all that is not mentioned. These people speak about their work, their preparation, their future role ...

Vanity Fair asegura, de fuentes "de Palacio", que el Príncipe ya está preparado para ser Felipe VI. europapress.es
Old 02-18-2010, 04:42 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The Vanity Fair pseudo-exclusive causes lots of polemic and media uproar in Spain. Where is the borderline between exclusive and non-exclusive when the magazine doesnt want to confirm if they spoke to the princes or not and what kind of access they had.
Los Príncipes de Asturias, portada de Vanity Fair - El programa de Ana Rosa - Telecinco.es

Regarding the exclusive pictures, in the VF article Letizia is called a "vain woman who would have loved to pose for the photographers exclusively in an elegant posture, just like Queen Rania. Or would have loved to let journalists into the palace and show them around, just like Carla Bruni. But unfortunately, she is not allowed to."

So much for her not liking any attention

To go for a non-transparent compromise instead of a clear message (either it's exclusive, like the El Pais Semanal article & picture in 2006 or just another royal watcher article like El Mundo Y Dona in 2009) has backfired quite badly. Seems they haven't learned anything from the polemic in 2006, when they posed for an exclusive picture in Zarzuela II.

Los Príncipes en 'Vanity fair', la entrevista que nunca existió | Comunicación | elmundo.es

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizia and the press, princess letizia in the press