The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Do you know who are the other 3?
Sofia & Felipe are most popular members, JC on 3, Letizia is on 4. But this was before Felipe became King, it might be different now.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I hope things will turn a bit better for Doña Letizia. The latest figures in severall polls have shown an improving appreciation for the new King. Doña Letizia has some little increase in approval but these are the "honey moon months" for the new royal couple. The media are so exaggerating about `the transformation` of Doña Letizia. Well, I need new glasses because I see no 'transformation' of the Letizia before and the Letizia after the abdication. It is all wobbly and I am afraid when the summer months are over the press has re-sharpened their knifes and are ready to criticize Doña Letizia, no matter about what.
I saw some journalists doing a backflip, before the proclamation she wasn´t fit to be Queen and after it she suddenly was and everything was rosy Let´s see how this will look like at the end of the year.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 08-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that much more significant than the polls some papers organize, are the crowds who are waiting for Letizia at the events she attends, and how she interacts with them. There has never been any problem in that, not when she was the Princess of Asturias and not now when she is the Queen. There are large crowds waiting to see or meet her.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sofia had been called 'the Greek' for many years. Her popularity has been the last 10-20 years after she became grandma, a suffering wife and mother image also gained much sympathy from the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I saw some journalists doing a backflip, before the proclamation she wasn´t fit to be Queen and after it she suddenly was and everything was rosy Let´s see how this will look like at the end of the year.
That's right, some journalists have been looking for the steps down. Some criticism is normal, expect to happen from time to time since no one is perfect, but fabricating rumors/lies, fierce attacks would be much less from now on, since the press knows who is the boss in Zarzuela and Zarzuela wouldn't leave a blind eye as the last 10 years. No doubt over the years, some senior officials from Zarzuela had been behind some of the rumors/attacks from the media on Letizia for various reasons, this likely wouldn't happen unless circumstance changes.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Sofia had been called 'the Greek' for many years. Her popularity has been the last 10-20 years after she became grandma, a suffering wife and mother image also gained much sympathy from the public.
You are 100% correct. I remember that very well and always felt sorry for her living in a strange land with different language. Her husband didn't seem to care all that much and her brother had his own "extra life on the side" to enjoy that he also didn't care about his sister's problems in the media.
Sofia was one of the last of the "suffer in private" queens while smiling and pretending all is perfect in public. Times have changed in most of the world, thank God, and wives should not put up with that crap anymore.

I give Letizia credit for not turning on all the nasty items printed about her for the last 10 years and hope that she remembers all the perpetrators. Hopefully K Felipe will have her back, unlike his father's treatment to his mother.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Do you know who are the other 3?
I believe that pole was prior to Felipe being made king. Apparently new poles come out end of August. Will be extremely interesting.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Sofia was one of the last of the "suffer in private" queens while smiling and pretending all is perfect in public. Times have changed in most of the world, thank God, and wives should not put up with that crap anymore.
That is just pure speculation. Every marriage has/had its ups and downs. The present Grand Duchess of Luxembourg has had severe crises in her marriage. She was even halted at Findel International Airport when she wanted to flee the Grand Duchy.

Only a few weeks after the most romantic Disney-esque photoshoot of a princely couple in love, Prince Joachim of Denmark and his spouse Alexandra announced their separation. It was all smiley-smiley all the time while the marriage was in total shambles.

The just abdicated King of the Belgians and his spouse Paola have been on various brinks of divorces but were urged to stay together for the sake of their children and the monarchy. With professional smiles they continued until the day of today.

It is very well possible that there are royal couples at this very moment with pretty shaky marriages but whom decide to go on, with stiff upperlip et al and continue despite everything. I would not stick my hand in the fire for your assumption that Queen Sofía is/was the last to "suffer in private". Besides that, Doña Sofía is everything except the "suffering" kind of lady.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Serene Highness

Bit OOT, but wasn't GD of Luxembourg halted on the border in a taxi on her way to Frankfurt Airport?
Old 08-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As per Vanitatis,Letizia hasn't made this years Vanity Fair best dressed royal ladies.

Letizia se cae de la lista de las mejor vestidas - Noticias de Casas Reales
Old 08-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
As per Vanitatis,Letizia hasn't made this years Vanity Fair best dressed royal ladies.

Letizia se cae de la lista de las mejor vestidas - Noticias de Casas Reales

Isn't Vanitatis usually "anti" Letizia?
Old 08-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Bit OOT, but wasn't GD of Luxembourg halted on the border in a taxi on her way to Frankfurt Airport?
I thought that the -then- Hereditary Grand Duchess made her way to Flughafen Findel and had already booked a flight. Then the security called the palais grand-ducal and she was "guided" back home.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Isn't Vanitatis usually "anti" Letizia?
Vanitatis simply reports that the famous magazine Vanity Fair has not included Letizia in their list. Rightly so anyway, it is not that Doña Letizia immediately comes to mind as a spectacularly good dresser.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Vanitatis simply reports that the famous magazine Vanity Fair has not included Letizia in their list. Rightly so anyway, it is not that Doña Letizia immediately comes to mind as a spectacularly good dresser.

I see! IMO she always dresses with dignity and much better than other royal consorts
Old 08-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

For not a "spectacularly good dresser", she has made the list twice before That´s not a problem for VF.

If you take a look at VF best dressed list on the last 4-5 years, you´ll see they include different royals every year. Catherine has made it every year since she married into the BRF, but the other royals "swap" each time.

This is the 2nd time Mary has made it, last one was two or three years ago....was she less stylish or less "media relevant" during the two years in the middle? Nope Maxima has been also there two times, Madeleine of Sweden was there last year like Letizia and this one has disappeared too, I remember Mathilde was there at least for a year and never more...pretty surely they all will make it again on the upcoming years, just wait for their turn That´s actually the way this list works (and I would really like to see what are their standards for "best dressed" since every year I find too many of thier choices questionable at the very least I guess "best-dressed people" means "most popular people" nowadays )

And as to Vanitatis....well, they really use every single news to put Leti down, so even if the article seems innocent....beware The "criticism/Letizia´s allergy between lines" is not hard to see

Old 08-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
For not a "spectacularly good dresser", she has made the list twice before That´s not a problem for VF.

If you take a look at VF best dressed list on the last 4-5 years, you´ll see they include different royals every year. Catherine has made it every year since she married into the BRF, but the other royals "swap" each time.

This is the 2nd time Mary has made it, last one was two or three years ago....was she less stylish or less "media relevant" during the two years in the middle? Nope Maxima has been also there two times, Madeleine of Sweden was there last year like Letizia and this one has disappeared too, I remember Mathilde was there at least for a year and never more...pretty surely they all will make it again on the upcoming years, just wait for their turn That´s actually the way this list works (and I would really like to see what are their standards for "best dressed" since every year I find too many of thier choices questionable at the very least I guess "best-dressed people" means "most popular people" nowadays )

And as to Vanitatis....well, they really use every single news to put Leti down, so even if the article seems innocent....beware The "criticism/Letizia´s allergy between lines" is not hard to see
I agree on every word you said
Old 08-25-2014, 07:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Article in Der Tagesspiegel
Spanien Letizia lächelt wieder - Welt - Tagesspiegel
Translation
Old 08-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Der Tagesspiegel counts as a moderate newspaper (no scandal press). Standards have shockingly dropped....
"Ihre Hoheit" (Her Highness)?
"Queen Felicity"?
"Always had difficulties with playing second violin behind Queen Sofía?"
"Letizia is the real chef of the Palace"?
"The Queen of (gay) Hearts"?

Unbelievable, what a crap.... this article barely reaches the standard of a primary school magazine.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Not surprised... Attacking Letizia is the only things media have be doing since the engagement...
Old 08-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not surprised... Attacking Letizia is the only things media have be doing since the engagement...
Well the German article was not attacking Letizia, more making a sort of Sissi with an Iron Fist (but with a heart for gays) of her...

Old 08-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well the German article was not attacking Letizia, more making a sort of Sissi with an Iron Fist (but with a heart for gays) of her...

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizia and the press, princess letizia in the press, queen letizia