The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

Noor Mariam, Maxima called her husband's actions "That was a bit stupid!" during their engagement interview... just an example.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post

Why she makes fun of Felipe in public events ?. Lot of Spanish authorities and political journalists are eyewitnesses. Doing that is not polite at all....And please, dont tell me the rest of princesses do that with their husbands.
God, this long is the shadow of Cotilleando

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The birthday of the Prince has become a campaign ... Prince Felipe does his job very well, but their marriage is in crisis, and Letizia is a problem.

Someone on Zarzuela, that never said anything about private live (unless it serve to attack Letizia) seems to have helped telling press that the marriage has "ups and downs".

El pulso entre las fotos y los rumores sobre Don Felipe y Doa Letizia - ABC.es

Zarzuela dice que en el matrimonio del Prncipe 'slo hay altibajos' | Espaa | EL MUNDO

And there are others who directly have very clear this story...

"They want to avoid the abdication of the king at the cost of breaking the marriage of the Prince"

"Quieren evitar la abdicacin del rey a costa de romper el matrimonio del prncipe" - Chic
OK . . . . I just read the ABC article and it is just cheap gossip, third party interpretations and old news . . . shame on the media

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 01-30-2014, 09:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course every normal marriage has 'ups and downs', but for a royal institution to make a comment like that is cheap and desperate. It just shows how desperate Zarzuela's anti-abdication campaign is.

Danishla, it's very clear now that ABC and Hola are pro-JC, La Razon (that hasn't joined any talk regarding the marital crisis) and FJL are pro Felipe and Letizia. Although FJL was a bit exaggerated to say that father and son hate each other, but clearly there is a 'war' between the two camps now. The fact that Hola didn't put Felipe on the cover this week for his birthday, but La Razon did with a few comments from Felipe just confirms FJC's view. Felipe is a quiet and subtle person, he isn't 'on your face' like WA or even William to start a fight against whoever. On Tue, Felipe opened his speech with his statement of continuing support the park with wife together and looking forward visit all islands with his wife is his elegant way to rebute all those rumors and lies about his marriage IMO.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfL1sC3CUAEvMVb.png
Old 01-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Why she makes fun of Felipe in public events ?. Lot of Spanish authorities and political journalists are eyewitnesses. Doing that is not polite at all....And please, dont tell me the rest of princesses do that with their husbands.
Did she ? I haven't seen any audio/video of her doing that, thus I would call them a rumor with the fact that 'Let me finish' has been blown total out of proportion by the press. About the other princesses, I only know that the press in most countries don't talk about rumors like Spain.

Quote:
Sorry Donna, I dont understand what you mean... What is Vanitatis??

Of course, Royals dont have to stay 24 hours a day on their royal duties. But the problem of Letizia is that she wants to be "princess" with a schedule. Being princess or queen require to be available even during weekends.
I'm surprised you didn't know Vanitatis website since like I said before your posts were recaps of Vanitatis.

Anyway, Letizia worked in the weekends or evenings, just as often as JC or Sofia. The only thing Felipe did more was to watch the sports games. If watching the sports games is a work, watching kids is a much harder job.

So for me it was a lie initiated by Vanitatis owner Paloma Barrientos, she started by saying that Letizia refused to attend the wedding of Princess Madeleine because she didn't want to work over the weekend. Where is the proof of Zarzuela sending Letizia for Madeleine's wedding ?

Princess Madeleine is not the direct heirness to the throne, if Zarzuela had wanted to someone to attend the wedding, it would likely be Elena, not Felipe and Letizia. What a lie from Paloma Barrientos ! But nothing new. Most of words coming out of the mouth of this woman on Letizia were lies.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Umm....and since when is putting on a gorgeous couture gown and tiara and attending a lavish Royal wedding considered "work"?

I don't believe that at all.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

If only they had that cover Cristina...

Yesterday was removed Pedro J. Ramirez, director of El Mundo newspaper. That newspaper raised the scandal Noos and Barcenas case, a corruption scandal that has caught the government... and in both cases business leaders also appear involved. The economic crisis of the newspaper has given the opportunity for the King and the government of leaving aside a bad enemy. And the crisis of Asturias, disclosed these days from the same newspaper, it has been the perfect smokescreen.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:37 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Dallas or Dynasty is nothing against this!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, money and power ... at the end is that moves the world. In Spain many rich and powerful are on the brink by corruption scandals... some have fallen, others struggle with every means to stay.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Please note that speculative rants & name calling will not be permitted in this thread and will be deleted.If we can't keep it civil then the thread will be closed!

Thank You
Old 01-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Dallas or Dynasty is nothing against this!
The Game of Thrones writers should keep watching
Old 01-31-2014, 10:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Did she ? I haven't seen any audio/video of her doing that, thus I would call them a rumor with the fact that 'Let me finish' has been blown total out of proportion by the press. About the other princesses, I only know that the press in most countries don't talk about rumors like Spain.

I'm surprised you didn't know Vanitatis website since like I said before your posts were recaps of Vanitatis.

Anyway, Letizia worked in the weekends or evenings, just as often as JC or Sofia. The only thing Felipe did more was to watch the sports games. If watching the sports games is a work, watching kids is a much harder job.

So for me it was a lie initiated by Vanitatis owner Paloma Barrientos, she started by saying that Letizia refused to attend the wedding of Princess Madeleine because she didn't want to work over the weekend. Where is the proof of Zarzuela sending Letizia for Madeleine's wedding ?

Princess Madeleine is not the direct heirness to the throne, if Zarzuela had wanted to someone to attend the wedding, it would likely be Elena, not Felipe and Letizia. What a lie from Paloma Barrientos ! But nothing new. Most of words coming out of the mouth of this woman on Letizia were lies.

The people who were eyewitneses of the disrespectful situations between Letizia and Felipe work for the Goverment. And sorry, but you dont explain me: what is Vanitatis ?? and who is Paloma Barrientos ?? If someone can explain me, I would be very grateful. I feel tired of reading comments I dont understand.

Prince Felipe is not on cover of HOLA this week, and for me that is not good, I think it is a big mistake of this magazine. But I remember it was the same last December on the ocassion of Infanta Elena's birthday, her interview and great photos were inside the magazine and nothing on cover....Was it a mistake of HOLA or maybe King Juan Carlos didnt want his daughter was on cover?? why??
Old 01-31-2014, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who are those senior government officials ? All I have heard were the same talks of I heard someone who knew someone who had heard from someone LOL .

Why would Hola want to put Elena on the cover ? Sorry for her fans, she is not that important anymore for the crown, neither is she a Caroline of Monaco. You have to be blind not to see Hola and ABC are advocates of Juan Carlos now.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Who are those senior government officials ? All I have heard were the same talks of I heard someone who knew someone who had heard from someone LOL .

Why would Hola want to put Elena on the cover ? Sorry for her fans, she is not that important anymore for the crown, neither is she a Caroline of Monaco. You have to be blind not to see Hola and ABC are advocates of Juan Carlos now.
Donna, I dont understand your comments to me, really. I dont want to be repetitive, so, if you want to know about my opinions and sources, you must read my previous comments. I explained it very well. If you dont want to understand it, it is up to you.

Maybe Infanta Elena is not so important nowadays for the Crown, but she is an Infanta of Spain and the eldest daughter or the King, maybe that fact doesnt mean anything for you, but she has always coped with her official duties perfectly. The most normal is that she was on cover on the ocassion of her 50th birthday, specially when she offered and interview and a photoshoot. It is not necesary being "important for the Crown" in order to be on cover. In fact, most of HOLA's covers nowadays are not for interesting celebrities or royals.

I dont know if HOLA is advocate of King Juan Carlos, I stopped buying HOLA several months ago because this magazine has changed a lot in last times but, HOLA was always offering pleasant reports about Letizia, for them she was always the most beautiful, the most elegant, the best in everything, but I dont know about HOLA opinions now. I remember the past of HOLA, that is one of the most important Spanish magazines everywhere, when Royalty was one of the most important subjects on cover and inside. But nowadays, they changed the subjects and HOLA is always offering reports about "cheap celebrities" and that is not interesting for me as a reader. Now, I only buy HOLA on the ocassion of important events like royal weddings, baptisms, etc or when there is something inside interesting for me, but I dont buy it every week. I bought it for the Infanta Elena's birthday but the cover was disgusting. Anyway, it is the only Spanish magazine I can buy everywhere, even in Qatar.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

She was put on the cover of Hola in honour of her 50th birthday which is a good enough reason in itself,please lets not start comparing royals as we all know where that will lead!
Old 02-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I dont know if HOLA is advocate of King Juan Carlos, I stopped buying HOLA several months ago because this magazine has changed a lot in last times but,....
It's a perfect reason/excuse on not seeing how Hola has become the advocate of Juan Carlos the last few months. You must have missed the ridiculous photoshopped picture of JC on Hola cover and super sugary article on how healthy he had looked without crushes, unfortunately it only led to him falling flat on his face after Pascua Militar, became another national joke after 'everyone is equal in front of the justice' (what a liar !).
Old 02-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
She was put on the cover of Hola in honour of her 50th birthday which is a good enough reason in itself,please lets not start comparing royals as we all know where that will lead!
Someone brought up Elena to compare with Felipe (or JC) first, thus I said there was no comparison in terms of the importance to the Spanish monarchy. Hola has its audience, a non-glam photoshoot and a 'said nothing' boring interview didn't arouse much interest except for most of audiences.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Someone brought up Elena to compare with Felipe (or JC) first, thus I said there was no comparison in terms of the importance to the Spanish monarchy. Hola has its audience, a non-glam photoshoot and a 'said nothing' boring interview didn't arouse much interest except for most of audiences.
I was referring to your Caroline of Monaco throwaway comparison comments.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Giving this thread a much needed break and will be closed pending a Moderator Review of all posts.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

After two weeks of a brutal campaign of press about marital crisis, rupture, or deficiencies of Letizia as Princess ... that has been so useful to cover other scandals .

It seems that people have begun to get tired, and all the people who have seen the couple in the last month, is beginning to speak.

Several things had been said by normal people on twitter days ago, but only now the press talks about them.

El Prncipe invit a cenar a Doa Letizia en DiverXO para celebrar su cumpleaos - ABC.es

On January 16, the couple went to the opera with Barroso and his wife.

Last week, they went to the National Library to visit an exhibition and twice to the cinema.

The Prince's birthday they dined in the restaurant DiverXo, the most fashionable in Madrid with 3 Michelin stars. They had been with the owner at FITUR.

Last Friday, the girls had no school and went to have lunch at an Italian restaurant (where they had gone to lunch a few months ago)

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizia and the press, princess letizia in the press, queen letizia