The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

JJkg, excellent post. I can't believe someone until now still blames the bad relation in the family on Letizia. About Letizia being cold and distance, there were more pictures of Letizia warmly greeting the public than anyone else in the family, how could she be cold and distance, on the contrary some of her in-laws who seem to live in cloud 9 to be warm and close ? LOL

Old 01-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its not my opinion, it's El Mundo's interpretation
Since your previous post was trying to defend El Mundo's interpretation, did it make it your opinion as well ?

Old 01-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Observations or criticisms shouldn't be seen as "deeply entrenched hatred" for Letizia. I've never seen that here.
I agree. People have their favorites and non-favorites among the CP's. Letizia is one of the more controversial ones for a variety of reasons but I don't think criticism necessarily equals hate for her.

BUT...calling her a "pig" does indeed equal hate. It's simply beyond the pale.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think this particular case occurred when the children were photographed without their parents, what is against the law.
I think Elena has done a similar complaint before, when her children were photographed without her but with friends (who cannot be photographed without their parent's consent either).
But those laws don't apply to the royal children who are on the line of the succession and are public figures. The same magazines can't publish pictures of children with famous parents without the consent of the parents, but this doesn't apply to the royal children either. During the good time, the Palms never had issues of seeing their children being photographed, suddenly Zarzuela needs to threaten the press to prevent the pictures ? . At the time of Elena's divorce, the press camped out of the school of her kids, Zarzuela did ask the press to give them some space, but I had never heard they threatened to sue the press. But Elena had never liked the press photographed her children, a few times she even lost her temper because of it.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm also wondering why Zarzuela hasn't sued the show for this, or even if they know about it?

Zarzuela needs to do something behind the scene, but suing such a trashy and vulgar show is really degrading themselves, I don't think they should do that.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Obviously Zarzuela is not now in a position to denounce anyone, they have enough problems ... is the eternal story, not interested in defending Letizia because then turn against everyone, so better continue attacking her.

And the closer they see a possible abdication get more nervous ... because Letizia today is an important part of a business that a few years ago was very lucrative and now not so much. The day Letizia is protected, it's over.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I agree. People have their favorites and non-favorites among the CP's. Letizia is one of the more controversial ones for a variety of reasons but I don't think criticism necessarily equals hate for her.

BUT...calling her a "pig" does indeed equal hate. It's simply beyond the pale.
Yes, absolutely, but no one on the forum called her that. My point was that anytime a poster makes an observation or a criticism of Letizia (and I've made my share) it is taken as hatred for Letizia, and that simply isn't the case. I don't dislike her, and I don't think she is responsible in any way for the mess that the SRF is now in. Out of all the RF to marry into she married into the the most difficult. And that's being generous, because they've given her very little help. But I agree with DOM in that she makes herself an easy target. She's not perfect, just the like the rest of us aren't perfect.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post

But I agree with DOM in that she makes herself an easy target. She's not perfect, just the like the rest of us aren't perfect.
Right, nobody is perfect. Also no other Crown Princess is perfect. But: the difference here is the Press - and the lack of protection from the Royal Household. In other countries the press presents positive and approving reports and pics, they Show respect of their work and duty towards their Country and let them "live".... they are just critizising occasionally (CP Mary spending too much Money for Clothes, SP Mette-Marit not working enough, etc). On the Spanish side there seems to be a permanent "Letizia-bashing" with the Spanish Press and nobody is hindering them. That is the real difference and the real tragedy.

And I thought, being a former Journalist (i.e. "one of them") would help. . It seems, it doesn´t. What a shame.

BYe Bine
Old 01-13-2014, 11:53 PM
Majesty

Bine, I thought Letizia being a former journalist would help too. I thought it would help her market herself and manage her public relations, and I especially believed it would give her a sense of security and supreme self-confidence in her Royal role.

I was wrong, wrong, wrong...on each count.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Bine, I thought Letizia being a former journalist would help too. I thought it would help her market herself and manage her public relations, and I especially believed it would give her a sense of security and supreme self-confidence in her Royal role.

I was wrong, wrong, wrong...on each count.
She is married, not just by herself. I think lots of her 'PR' or no 'PR' decisions were influenced by Felipe's usual 'no complain no explain' attitude. Perhaps Felipe didn't want a public rift with his father or sister (Cristina), or he thought as long as himself looked good, he didn't mind those rumors on his wife, at the end of the day, as long as he is on the top of the game, those rumors on his wife won't matter much (that is also true).
I don't see her lacking security or confidence in her role, she had always doing very well in her own acts. It was more of her in-laws who have been clinging to the throne, wouldn't share. It's hardly a surprise, when JC and Sofia first came to the throne, the kids were very small, they wouldn't let Infanta Pilar have a role either, it has always been all about themselves. This week, JC is coming back to work, the rest of the family all step aside .
Old 01-14-2014, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I completely desagree about Letizia "making herself an easy target". When you read all the silly things (many of them even false) that the Spanish press tells about her, it´s not difficult to realize that they could easily find faults in any other CP which would be deserver of a similar level of hate on their ill minds.

It´s only that in other countries the press seems to have common sense, or be respectful or, in some cases, they have decided that their real bussiness is not bashing the princess, but turning her around the quintessence of everything.

Spanish case is unique, as I´ve always said here.

I´m not saying she´s flawless and never deserves some critics. Of course she does. But the amount of criticism she receives is for the most part just ridiculous.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
I completely desagree about Letizia "making herself an easy target". When you read all the silly things (many of them even false) that the Spanish press tells about her, it´s not difficult to realize that they could easily find faults in any other CP which would be deserver of a similar level of hate on their ill minds.

It´s only that in other countries the press seems to have common sense, or be respectful or, in some cases, they have decided that their real bussiness is not bashing the princess, but turning her around the quintessence of everything.

Spanish case is unique, as I´ve always said here.

I´m not saying she´s flawless and never deserves some critics. Of course she does. But the amount of criticism she receives is for the most part just ridiculous.

I'm quite shocked at how disrespectful certain elements of the Spanish media are,especially towards Letizia.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I'm quite shocked at how disrespectful certain elements of the Spanish media are,especially towards Letizia.
To be honest, they´re disrespectful towards everybody. But celebs at least have the option of suing some media and charging them with defamation. Royals can´t.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

It was not necessary to wait long ... bad polls for the King, new rumors of abdication, imputation of Infanta Cristina... and always the same gossips have already begun their campaign against Letizia and her terrible marriage crisis.

Marisa M. Blázquez, sobre los Príncipes: "Cada uno está haciendo su vida, pero como Príncipes, van a seguir con su labor" - corazón - Ver vídeo online EL PROGRAMA DE ANA ROSA
Old 01-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It was not necessary to wait long ... bad polls for the King, new rumors of abdication, imputation of Infanta Cristina... and always the same gossips have already begun their campaign against Letizia and her terrible marriage crisis.

Marisa M. Blázquez, sobre los Príncipes: "Cada uno está haciendo su vida, pero como Príncipes, van a seguir con su labor" - corazón - Ver vídeo online EL PROGRAMA DE ANA ROSA
"They are leading separate lives, but as princes, they will continue with their work"

Honestly, even if it was true, why would anyone in Spain care. I mean, that is the way JC and Sofia have been carrying on for over 3 decades.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke because Letizia is a unprotected commoner, the Prince married her for love and some sectors have never accepted or will accepted her and do and say everything possible to get rid of her.

It seems that the act of the Queen and Princess together yesterday was "the straw that broke the camel" to unnerve some.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

Talking to people that have known Felipe for years, I don't believe all the tales. Like all marriages they go through uneasy times [at least the rest of the world's marriages are not on first page of media] Felipe was the one that "ran" after Letizia and married her. She did not need him to have a complete life.

I have always liked Felipe, but now have found myself seeing him in different light. I am fast loosing all respect for him for not publically protecting his wife. If he was a man instead of fast becoming a wimp, he would stand firm against his turgid father, mother and sister and make it known to media what he feels.

I personally feel that the only thing that can save Spain is the fast demise of the King
Old 01-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Bekia

Los problemas matrimoniales de los Príncipes Felipe y Letizia habrían provocado que llevaran vidas separadas - Bekia
Old 01-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have seen more pictures or tweets (almost weekly) of them going out to dinner, drinks or movies than any other royal couple, so they were supposed to argue in front of his friend's house before a Christmas party (any evidence of that ?), so they lived separate lives because they couldn't get along LOL .

I guess now only the rumors of marital crisis or divorce might be (only might e) able to divert the attention away from JC's health problem, low popularity, Cristina's imputation. Letizia not allowing paparazzi taking pictures of her daughters didn't ring a bell in public (who cares ?) no matter how the TV network tried.

Why post all the trashy gossips here ? Some were not even from newspapers or magazines, were from online websites. I don't see many about the other royals on this board.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

You'll find 'trashy gossips' all over this board, its not exclusive for Letizia, Mette-Marit & Haakon being the latest example. Its the old discussion about the 'credible source', I am not saying that Vanitatis is the most credible source on this planet but even 'serious' newspapers like El Mundo or El Pais are printing those stories, having different motivations, I guess. Everybody is free to believe what they want anyway. I think this forum is very civil when talking about royals, including Letizia, there are far more trashy forums out there than this one.

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizia and the press, princess letizia in the press, queen letizia