The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Paloma Barrientos picks up on the topic, writing about what happened after the publication of the first article about the alleged confiscation of pictures showing Infanta Leonor during another kids' birthday party.
Vanitatis.com - Las matizaciones de la Casa Real

In an unusual move, Zarzuela hurried up to circulate their own - of course completely different - "correct" version of the event (see above, as described by carlota), even felt the need to approach Paloma directly and tell her what really happened that day . I wonder what they are thinking, lowering themselves to even contacting Paloma B and giving her and her articles some more relevance. That's a desperate move and I doubt a good strategy. If Zarzuela start dismissing stories like this one on a regular basis - where to draw the line? - it will keep their PR people certainly busy for the next 30 years!
It's not like Zarzuela cares about the no-name article on Paloma Barrientos's website, however Paloma B. does have a few minutes fame on Ana Rosa's high rating 'heart' program, last week she was spreading her gossip there in front of the national audience, that probably caught the attention of the royal house. She was not the only one getting the denial from Zarzuela, many other journalists also did. I'm glad Zarzuela has been taking a more aggressive stand recently, nothing wrong, they should have done that 4 years ago. On the PR department of a royal house in contact with the press, it happens to every single royal house in Europe all the time, nothing unusual, some other royal houses were even sueing the tabloids for trying to damage the images of their royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
to be honest, i have no idea which version is the right one, both seem a bit strange (so zarzuela now confirms that the lady went to the other people and spreaded a rumour? how would they know/dare to say that?)
The royal bodyguards are not simple body builders who know martial arts or how to fire a gun, they are national security agents. Is there anything out there they wouldn't know when they had the desire to know ?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
ABC.es: gente - gente - Otra historia de la Princesa Letizia

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 03-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Two more information to clarify the history.

It seems that the lady not only wanted to do photos to the Infanta Leonor, but also to her cousin Pedro Lopez Quesada, who was playing with her.

A journalist has commented, that the mother of the child of the birthday has offered to the Zarzuela to clarify the history to the mass media, but that Palace has said to her that wasn´t necessary.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Letizia currently heads a survey of 20 minutos regarding the most annoying person, even before Aznar, Hugo Chavez or Lewis Hamilton (!)

Funny enough even Pope Benedict or Queen Elizabeth II are to be found on this list, too.

I am personally missing Borja Thyssen & Blanca Cuesta.

PERSONAJES ODIOSOS - Listas - 20minutos.es
Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Letizia currently heads a survey of 20 minutos regarding the most annoying person, even before Aznar, Hugo Chavez or Lewis Hamilton (!)

Funny enough even Pope Benedict or Queen Elizabeth II are to be found on this list, too.

Curiously two days ago she was between the last positions, it seems that someone has devoted to vote her insistently...
Old 04-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Curiously two days ago she was between the last positions, it seems that someone has devoted to vote her insistently...
By the comments below a few frustrated from Cotilleando . You can play internet options to vote as many times as you want.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Yes, in that survey you can vote as many times as you want, and that hatefull forum make people vote several times, but it isn't a head survey from the newspaper is from someone who is checked in the newspaper who created the survey.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Nobility

This survey is neither credible nor reflect the reality. In Spain the majority of people like Princess Letizia.
Anyone with an ill hatred towards Letizia, is capable of wasting time voting to position her in the first place.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina
Anyone with an ill hatred towards Letizia, is capable of wasting time voting to position her in the first place.
You're right, it must be someone without a life!, sad.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Aristocracy

Letizia, el oficio de princesa (Letizia, Princess' job)

Very positive article abaut princess Leitizia solo's activity and job. At the moment it isn't fulll published, but next week we can read it in the "Tiempo" web.

Tiempo
Old 04-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Ouch! She strucks me as someone who needs attention constantly! I don't know if she is the most annoying one, but, definitely, she is in the first ten! I think Victoria Beckham is one of the top! Letizia should just try to be herself. The tiara has gone up to her head!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Ouch! She strucks me as someone who needs attention constantly!
What did she do compared to the other royals for seeking more media attention ? Letizia is among the most discreet royals. She and Felipe never blah blah talked about their private life in the media, posed for fashion/tabloid magazines, almost never leaked (except for a couple of special occasions ex. Leonor went to the zoo since they didn't make it to the Easter Sunday mass in Mallorca last year) any private outings or holidays to the media. I can guarantee you that she would have been on the cover of the 4 major Spanish magazines every single week if she really seeked attention.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Ouch! She strucks me as someone who needs attention constantly! I don't know if she is the most annoying one, but, definitely, she is in the first ten! I think Victoria Beckham is one of the top! Letizia should just try to be herself. The tiara has gone up to her head!
Tell me how she's "someone who needs attention constantly"? In my opinion, of all the crown princesses she's the one who couldn't be accused of that. She has never done any magazine interviews or photoshoots unlike one princess in Scandinavia or oversmiling from ear to ear to the crowd unlike one from the Benelux. Does that mean that they also crave for attention? I'm just wondering how you define seeking attention constantly. How do you like Letizia to "just try to be herself"? How has "the tiara gone up to her head"? Can you expound on it a little bit more?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Ouch! She strucks me as someone who needs attention constantly!
I would say you an European crown princess who constantly NEEDS attention (I am sure that if she did not have it she would die) ... but I do not like comparisons.
I think that you have described Letizia very badly. The princes of Asturias are one of the most discrete couples dear Roxsteve.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd have to agree with rhe last 3 posts, Letizia does very little by way of "attention-seeking".
Old 04-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:

How come? I don't understand why? She's not so fashion savvy like one of the Scandinavian princess who seemed to look at her closet 100 times before she can decide on what she'll wear for her royal duties so she will look as if she came from a fashion photoshoot. She did not provide any magazine interview or posed for a high-fashion magazine. I doubt this statement on Letizia. She seemed very discreet. The tiara has gone up to her head? How? She's not seen shopping in London and is not dubbed as the Scandinavian "Imelda Marcos". She doesn't show or paraded her daughters so the media will see how good a mother she is. I agree with you re Victoria Beckham though. but I love her fashion sense.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Can some please help me understand why it is that everytime someone does not like Letizia Mary must be brought up. I do not see what she, or Maxima who someone else above brought up, has to do with someone having a not so glowing impression of Letizia. This whole 'tit for tat' business comes across as very immature.

Quote:
She doesn't show or paraded her daughters so the media will see how good a mother she is
As far as I can see all the young CP couples, including the Spanish couple have photographs taken with their children, after all there is a great interest in the future of the monarchy, so I'm not sure what it is you mean by this
Old 04-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Can some please help me understand why it is that everytime someone does not like Letizia Mary must be brought up. I do not see what she, or Maxima who someone else above brought up, has to do with someone having a not so glowing impression of Letizia. This whole 'tit for tat' business comes across as very immature.

As far as I can see all the young CP couples, including the Spanish couple have photographs taken with their children, after all there is a great interest in the future of the monarchy, so I'm not sure what it is you mean by this
What I'm trying to say is she's not the type who wants to steal the spotlight by showing she's a good mother, or by doing something by which the media can definitely say that it's a bit too much. Of course the media is interested to all future monarchs but my post is just to answer or explain why I don't think "the tiara has gone up to her head". It's my explanation to the post. I understand it's not your opinion however I do think she's one of the most discreet pss in Europe. The comparison will never go away. That's part of it. We always tend to compare one to another even if we try not to. Some of us who put comparisons here just wants to justify our answers and sometimes it means comparing subjects. Plus, we're talking royalty here so it must be the first thing that comes into other people's mind. Comparison is not good, but as I said it's part of being a public figure. Even if no one here compares one to another, someone is bound to compare her outside this forum.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
but my post is just to answer or explain why I don't think "the tiara has gone up to her head
But why do you need to bring up Mary to do that? Someone says that they think Letizia likes the attention, you don't agree so Mary gets dragged into it. I would understand you compairing them if they had said "Mary hates the attention but Letizia loves it" or if they critizied Letizia for doing something Mary also did e.g. Shame on Letizia for cutting her hair, she should not be allowed to do that (bad example I know but it is all I could think of) but they didn't, they just gave their opinion on Letizia. I guess I just hate when people put down one person to build up another.

Quote:
I understand it's not your opinion however I do think she's one of the most discreet pss in Europe.
I actually agree with this but then the Spanish Royal family has always seemed to me to be the most discreet of them all. So I doubt she would be any different, every Royal Family has it's own rules to follow and Letizia is following them.

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is she's not the type who wants to steal the spotlight by showing she's a good mother
I still don't understand what you mean. Are you saying the other Princesses do this? She acts the same with her children as all parents do, royal or not.

To get back on topic why is Letizia referred to by her maiden name in the Poll? Is that normal in Spain, should she not be call Princess Letizia? PERSONAJES ODIOSOS - Listas - 20minutos.es
Old 04-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
What I'm trying to say is she's not the type who wants to steal the spotlight by showing she's a good mother, or by doing something by which the media can definitely say that it's a bit too much. Of course the media is interested to all future monarchs but my post is just to answer or explain why I don't think "the tiara has gone up to her head". It's my explanation to the post. I understand it's not your opinion however I do think she's one of the most discreet pss in Europe. The comparison will never go away. That's part of it. We always tend to compare one to another even if we try not to. Some of us who put comparisons here just wants to justify our answers and sometimes it means comparing subjects. Plus, we're talking royalty here so it must be the first thing that comes into other people's mind. Comparison is not good, but as I said it's part of being a public figure. Even if no one here compares one to another, someone is bound to compare her outside this forum.
But couldn't you have illustrated your warm feelings towards Letizia without the accompanying petty remarks about other princesses? I don't buy the 'we all compare...' excuse. Perhaps we do - but it is the way we compare that makes all the difference.

And if we 'are talking royalty here' and it is about 'the first thing that comes into other people's mind' - I suppose Roxsteve is entitled to express his/her impression of Letizia along those lines as well?? I find it strange you can react so strongly to Roxsteve's remark - and then send out string of rather unflattering remarks about other CPss. But perhaps that is just me.....

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizia and the press, princess letizia in the press, queen letizia