The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
King Felipe, Queen Letizia, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia will attend tomorrow afternoon a private mass in the chapel of Zarzuela Palace on the occasion of the proclamation of the new king.

Los cuatro Reyes asisten este domingo a una misa en Zarzuela tras la proclamaci?n - ABC.es
Oh that's very nice indeed, like Juan Carlos a Mass a few days after the proclamation. Although it is a private Mass, this, I think is in keeping with the Pope's preferences for humility and simplicity etc.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

This is very pleasing. Asking the blessing of God, and the Church at the beginning of the new reign seems apt, and appropriate.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
This I think is a great and telling picture: http://royalista.com/wp-content/cach...x1200@1.5x.jpg
This is my favourite photo of the day too!

I have a question: The King's uniform quite decreated with orders, military applications etc plus sash, does anyone know what a Queen would wear in this case? A military suit or long dress with applications and sash? Thanks.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, the event was a bit of a mixture of two protocols, they were not very strict, so it did not matter much.

The men were in dark suits, morning dress or normal suit, and all the women were in short dress.

Initially it was announced that he would wear a uniform of lower gala, which usually wore King Juan Carlos ... but in the end they changed it.

With the uniform of King Felipe, the queen could wear long dress... but being an act in the morning, and having another protocol for all women, she chose short.

Queen Letizia wore the miniature of the "Order of Carlos III".
Old 06-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Duke, the event was a bit of a mixture of two protocols, they were not very strict, so it did not matter much.

The men were in dark suits, morning dress or normal suit, and all the women were in short dress.

Initially it was announced that he would wear a uniform of lower gala, which usually wore King Juan Carlos ... but in the end they changed it.

With the uniform of King Felipe, the queen could wear long dress... but being an act in the morning, and having another protocol for all women, she chose short.

Queen Letizia wore the miniature of the "Order of Carlos III".
Thanks Lula, I am not sure if I was clear enough, I meant what a female monarch (maybe Leonor) would wear if uniform with orders and applications of the military is requested.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, in that case she would have to wear the same military uniform, but with skirt. The civilian equivalent, could be a long dress, but with miniatures of the orders.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Duke, in that case she would have to wear the same military uniform, but with skirt. The civilian equivalent, could be a long dress, but with miniatures of the orders.
thanks!
Old 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Amazing photo,such a united couple and decor is not bad either
Old 06-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Oh that's very nice indeed, like Juan Carlos a Mass a few days after the proclamation. Although it is a private Mass, this, I think is in keeping with the Pope's preferences for humility and simplicity etc.
Per ABC report above, the Proclamation ceremony was devoid of any religious character because "The Constitution of Spain as of 1978 has No Official religion". "However, the Royal family, following the traditions and convictions of the Catholic religion will attend a private Mass" . . .

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 06-22-2014, 02:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nice blog article from El Pais
Letizia, reina sin palabras Mujeres Blogs EL PAÍS
Translation
Old 06-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Archbishop of Madrid will celebrate the Mass at the Zarzuela chapel this afternoon.

Los cuatro Reyes, juntos tras la proclamación en una misa privada
Old 06-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Courtier

I wonder if there will be new official photos like in the case of willem-alexander and maxima, mathildre and philipp)

http://vsemogutkoroli.blogspot.com/
Old 06-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts View Post
I wonder if there will be new official photos like in the case of willem-alexander and maxima, mathildre and philipp)
I have been waiting for new pictures as well - i imagine they will release some soon

Old 06-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if they will still do their summer photoshoot at Mallorca.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I am wondering when they publish the new official pictures. Don't most public offices have pictures of the King hanging on their wall, meaning there must be a demand now for a new picture of Felipe in the King's uniform?
Old 06-25-2014, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

For now, they are using the official photos that already existed. Photos with military uniform are more urgent, because the old will not work, now he is Captain General.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Thanks, that's what I meant, the picture in military uniform. At the same time, they'll probably publish other pictures as well.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:44 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Vídeo :

La imagen más maternal de la reina Letizia con sus hijas, la Princesa de Asturias y la infanta Sofía

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 06-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The special issue of Semana about the abdication, proclamation and other royal stuff. You can read the whole magazine.
ISSUU - S 18-25 junio 2014 especial by revmayo2014
Old 06-27-2014, 04:33 AM
Majesty

I stumbled across this HQ pic: http://www.dagens.dk/sites/default/f...e%20felipe.jpg

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, king felipe, king felipe vi, princess of asturias, proclamation, queen letizia