No fotos of mother and father of Letizia? thanks
Photo

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1864351/th...SOLANO-570.jpg

Old 06-20-2014, 04:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASSARD View Post
No fotos of mother and father of Letizia? thanks
Here is Queen Letizia's mother (Paloma Rocasolano) and paternal grandmother Menchu Alvarez at the Proclamation ceremony. They were seated with secretaries of the State. According to the ABC journal, also in attendance were Letizia's maternal grandfather Francisco Julio Rocasolano of 96 years old, her father Jesus Ortiz and wife. Her sister Telma Ortiz did not attend the ceremonies.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 06-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Her Excellency Doña Victoria is in a Roman Catholic boarding school in England,perhaps its exam time or her parents just decided not to take her out of school midweek and fly her over to Spain.
Exams (or at least at the schools near me) have now finished in England, although GCSEs are still taking place, but Victoria Federica is too young to be taking her GCSEs at the moment. Perhaps Elena is just one of those parents who are very strict on their child's school work and attendance. Even so, yesterday was a very special event and if I were in Elena's shoes, I would've bought Victoria Federica with me.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
A real sad beginning for the new constitutional King of Spain Felipe VI who did not attend Mass before the ceremony of becoming the new Sovereign of a country known for its Catholic tradition. He did not swear his oath on the Bible and he did not mention in his speech anything about the Catholic heritage of Spain, anything about the Catholic faith of the majority of the Spanish and he avoided mentioning anything about the positive role of the Church in the life of Spain. He did not ask for God's blessing for his reign and he did not want to be linked in any way with the faith of his ancestors and of his country. The Spanish Catholics must certainly reflect on the behaviour of this Head of State who abandoned the Catholic traditions of his House and of his own people
Sad for you, perhaps, but I personally prefer the fact that he chose to focus on Spain's diversity and the role of the monarchy in unifying the country rather than emphasizing Spain's Catholicism, which is on the wane and thus does not reflect the current situation.

I know it's important to you but considering that a huge part of Spain's history deals with the unjust treatment of minorities by Spain's Catholic monarchs, precisely because of religious differences, I find it very wise that Felipe chose to veer away from talk of religion, which is always more divisive than unifying. Most important, there's this little thing called being a secular country, and as a monarch, I applaud him for honoring that to the letter. For all we know, he's a religious person but chooses to practice Catholicism privately and not shove it down his subjects' throats.

I think his speech was excellent, focus on the role of monarchy was spot on. He and the Queen are an elegant pair, and their little girls are precious.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I wonder what was wrong with Don Felipe de Marichalar,judging from this photo he does not look happy?

Una foto de Felipe de Marichalar hablando en el Palacio Real arrasa en las redes sociales | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Looks to me that he is frowning because the sun is in his eyes! We all do that and it doesn't mean we are sad.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
This is how the Queen´s hand looked after the loooong handshake
Así quedó la mano de Letiza tras casi tres mil saludos | Revista Semana
Oh dear heaven, what a shame and you just know, painful!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:25 PM
Administrator

It's time to move on regarding the discussion of Catholicism and its role in Felipe's Proclamation, reign, life, etc. This chestnut is officially done.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post

And that's how it looked yesterday. I don't even want to imagine how it looked today.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Serene Highness

Now I think I know why Queen Elizabeth wears gloves all the time, oh that looks so painful, Felipe needs to give her a hand rub with some great warming hand creme tonight with a nice glass of wine..............
Old 06-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Someone has cleverly added in the Duke & Duchess de Palma behind The King & Queen Consort

Bekia

Froilán, la Princesa Leonor, la Infanta Sofía y los Duques de Palma protagonizan los mejores montajes de la proclamación - Bekia
That's hilarious!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I get that if my hands are in water too much - fortunately a good lotion takes care of it really quickly
Old 06-21-2014, 12:36 AM
Majesty

I was really lucky to watch the entire proclamation on a live stream. Don't ask me how, I'm not that technologically savvy and missed the formal Abdication. But, joy of joys, there was no distracting commentators, just the sounds of what was happening.

My first impression was how regal Felipe looked and how Letizia had hit the mark perfectly with her spectacular ensemble (braids and star earrings notwithstanding). From a lot of the comments about her coat, and and looking at the photos, I can only say the Flash Photography is definitely not your friend. They made Letizia's ensemble look hard white and the crystal embrodery pink, whereas to me, she looked to be wearing a blush colour with clear crystals starting out sprinkled around her shoulders and deepening in sparkling colour until at the neck they were gorgeous red and gold. Spain's colours I believe.

My second impression was a moment of regret that she did not stand beside him in the open car as her diminutive height made her hard to see and standing she would have in no way eclipsed him.

My third impression was . . . ouch as I watched Philepe and Letizia "shaking hands". (The video posted earlier showed poor Letizia's hand verifying the pain). But the variety of ways this was accomplished really intrigued me.
  1. There were traditional correct clipped bows to Felipe and a kiss to Letizia's hand.
  2. There were beautifully executed curtseys to both, enough to fill an entire thread of bowing and curtseying.
  3. There were handshakes that took Letizia's hand so high it was above her head.
  4. There were starstruck uncoordinated stumbles and incoherent mumbles to both P and L.
  5. And last, and to me the most interesting, those who you could almost hear saying to themselves, "I'm not bowing or curtseying to anyone", and promptly found themselves doing exactly that. The realisation that their countrymen were watching around the world and the solemnity of the occasion led them to resort to that old world courtesy that spoke of their real feelings about the new King and Queen.
  6. And somewhere, in the mix, there was a Cardinal and a Bishop (I think) and both Felipe and Letizia kissed their rings instead.
And to those of the eww . . . yuk persuasion:
Quote:
The person kissing bows towards the offered hand and (symbolically) touches the knuckles with their lips, while lightly holding the offered hand. However, the lips do not actually touch the hand in modern tradition. The gesture is short, lasting less than a second.
All in all, a very good start to a new reign. I loved that the crowds chanted Felipe, Felipe, and when he got in the car the cheers went up as he became visible almost above the horse guard. He seemed quite taken aback.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I wonder what was wrong with Don Felipe de Marichalar,judging from this photo he does not look happy?

Una foto de Felipe de Marichalar hablando en el Palacio Real arrasa en las redes sociales | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
He looks like a typical teenage boy being forced into dress up clothes and spending time with "old and boring folks" while talking to his friends who may just be having the time if their lives.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Now I think I know why Queen Elizabeth wears gloves all the time, oh that looks so painful, Felipe needs to give her a hand rub with some great warming hand creme tonight with a nice glass of wine..............
Or hire a stunt double.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
This is how the Queen´s hand looked after the loooong handshake
Así quedó la mano de Letiza tras casi tres mil saludos | Revista Semana
Unbelievable..... have never seen that, what a pain this must have been.... and she is still smiling to everyone.
Nobody should (negatively) comment the Absence of Rings any more
BYe Bine
Old 06-21-2014, 03:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I LOOOVE LOOOVE LOOOVE this pic.
This is the second they are preparing to present themselves to THEIR Spanish People - and they are doing in Hand in Hand. There cannot be more positive faith in a new reign than it is shown in this pic.
The most moving pic of the entire ceremony.

And for sure not posed. Just showing the Special Moment ......
BYe Bine
Old 06-21-2014, 04:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Unbelievable..... have never seen that, what a pain this must have been.... and she is still smiling to everyone.
Nobody should (negatively) comment the Absence of Rings any more
BYe Bine
I agree. When I have rings and I shake hands too much, it hurts. So imagine to shake 2,000 hands, it would've been so painfull (even without rings, her hands were so hurt already). We cannot forget that there are people out there that shake hands with so much strenght like there is no tomorow

She endured it well
Old 06-21-2014, 06:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I LOOOVE LOOOVE LOOOVE this pic.
This is the second they are preparing to present themselves to THEIR Spanish People - and they are doing in Hand in Hand. There cannot be more positive faith in a new reign than it is shown in this pic.
The most moving pic of the entire ceremony.

And for sure not posed. Just showing the Special Moment ......
BYe Bine
I also LOVE THIS PICTURE, I saved in my files with the rest of my favorite royals. They are truly the hope of Spain, I am so in love with both of them, he is so good looking and she well what words can best describe her, strong, intelligent, savy, beautiful, nobody's fool, and together they will overcome all that has happened in the last few years. Tons of sugar for this lovely couple.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Looks to me that he is frowning because the sun is in his eyes! We all do that and it doesn't mean we are sad.
I read one witty online comment that he was reacting to the news that Spain were out of the World Cup!!
Old 06-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Felipe, Queen Letizia, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia will attend tomorrow afternoon a private mass in the chapel of Zarzuela Palace on the occasion of the proclamation of the new king.

Los cuatro Reyes asisten este domingo a una misa en Zarzuela tras la proclamaci?n - ABC.es

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, king felipe, king felipe vi, princess of asturias, proclamation, queen letizia