The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 10-24-2007, 04:52 PM
BeautyLeonor's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 598
Thanks for the pictures and the videos!!
__________________
" *Love Is Like A Rose In Winter, Only The Strong Survives* My Favorite Rose: Felipe & Letizia"
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
WHY WHY WHY?
OMG, why in the name of everything that is Holy, that woman repeats the EXACT same outfit? in such a short span of time?

I'm starting to believe she's that cheap when it comes to clothing

Specially because it was from the National Holiday, something people would obviously remember!

The hair as awful as ever, she needs hair work right now, some nutritive cream and stuff

'Soy ovetense y Asturias está en mi corazón' · Vídeo
in that video you can see she's in another dimension, Felipe had to call her 3 times before she realized she had to accept something


I see her where she had to be, That opinion I had read it in the WORST SPANISH FORUM, DID YOU COME FROM THERE???????
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-24-2007, 04:57 PM
BeautyLeonor's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 598
Relax, The world is not ended because she repeated the outfit. She looks so happy, and the persons who were there think that she was "muy guapa, preciosa"
__________________
" *Love Is Like A Rose In Winter, Only The Strong Survives* My Favorite Rose: Felipe & Letizia"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
'Soy ovetense y Asturias está en mi corazón' · Vídeo
in that video you can see she's in another dimension, Felipe had to call her 3 times before she realized she had to accept something
???? She was surprised that he wanted to give her a kiss. She should have pulled her hair back, however her blue coat seemed to looked better this time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-24-2007, 05:29 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,844
Doña Letizia promete a sus paisanos volver con las Infantas. El Comercio

Dona Letizia promises to her people to return with the Infantas

The Princess of Asturias, Dona Letizia, promised today in Oviedo to take the infantas Leonor and Sofia to Asturias in a next visit. This way the Princess was answering at her arrival to the Asturian capital to the questions of the ovetenses that were waiting for them at the entry of the Town hall of Oviedo, where today she receives the title of Favorite Daughter.
...

Doña Letizia: "Aquí aprendí a amar a Asturias y a España entera". El Comercio

Dona Letizia: " Here I learned to love Asturias and entire Spain "

In Oviedo, " living every day, I learned to love and admire this land, to Asturias, and " the Princess of Asturias has assured entire Spain this evening after receiving the title of favorite daughter of the capital ovetense.

Dona Letizia, very smiling and in company of her husband, the Prince, she has been grateful for the distinction and has highlighted that she was receiving " the title and the emblem of Favorite Daughter with humility, consciously of the important merits of those who have preceded me in this distinction ".

After expressing her gratefulness to all, the Princess of Asturias has reported " her emotion and pride " for being in Oviedo, in that she had " the luck of being born and growing " and she has added that was not turning out to be easy to find the just words to express her feelings, when this city has had so illustrious children, because, she has demonstrated, " there is no comparable honor ".

She has promised " to correspond loyally to the title ", and has remembered the enormous values of this city " so tied to the Wreath and on having developed of Spain ".

She has underlined that so much she as the Prince share an intense fondness for Oviedo and for the whole Asturias and has expressed her intention of returning very soon with her daughters, the Infantas Leonor and Sofia, because they already know that this capital " is in the heart of their parents ".
...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,651
[quote=lula;684141]A nice opportunity to honour Letizia as she is in town for the PoAA anyway. That's the good part. I am still stunned how nervous and stiff Letizia comes across when she has to deliver a speech as if she had blanked out everything she did in the past. There is no hint that this woman used to anchor the spanish evening news only a few years ago.

I wonder what happened to her once so magnificent wardrobe. Moths? Did Leonor set it on fire? Did she have to exchange it for her new jewellery? It's a very desperate move to repeat the outfit from the National Day and it will remain her secret why. But hey, the event was indoors so she had to wear a coat and maybe this one was the only one she could find when she hastily prepared herself for the event. At least the outfit is not as bad as on the National Day as it looks like she omitted the ugly shoe & stocking combination.
Her hair is as terrible as ever and she has also blanked out from her anchor days that make up should not only be on the face but on the neck too. The fact that Letizia showed up unstyled at this so important event for her hopefully does not mean that she left her hairdresser at home and will appear on Friday with a wash and go style

Letizia's hand looks terribly skinny in this pic
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
WHY WHY WHY?
OMG, why in the name of everything that is Holy, that woman repeats the EXACT same outfit? in such a short span of time?

I'm starting to believe she's that cheap when it comes to clothing

Specially because it was from the National Holiday, something people would obviously remember!

The hair as awful as ever, she needs hair work right now, some nutritive cream and stuff

'Soy ovetense y Asturias está en mi corazón' · Vídeo
in that video you can see she's in another dimension, Felipe had to call her 3 times before she realized she had to accept something

What a great and severe censor you are!

When you say it's incredible that the Princess of Asturias is repeating so fast an outfit, the asturian people are saying what a tactful and kind gest to wore a blue outfit, and more exactly the blue of Oviedo

Whithout this reason which seems to me sufficient, she is going to have to elegant events more, the concert of to morrow night and the day of the prices. Do you think that the princess of Asturias is wrong to wear the color of her town, more to wear on her outfit the symbolic brooch of Asturias, that you didn't have noticed

May be you are a little extrem. For her hairdo, you are repeating to - yo too- It's her cut of her for the moment why do you want that Letizia changes her hairdo because you don't like it

To end, the princess of Asturias was a little bit disturb by a kind gest of her husband who with many tenderness was giving to her the stick of the town that the Mayor had just giving to him because he is Honorary Mayor. Can you imagine Letizia would be a little moving by this ceremony and may be, I say be because I'm not sure, she isen't a machine!


Dear friend I find that you are shooting faster that your shadow!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-24-2007, 08:18 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
[quote=Duke of Marmalade;684220]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

A nice opportunity to honour Letizia as she is in town for the PoAA anyway. That's the good part. I am still stunned how nervous and stiff Letizia comes across when she has to deliver a speech as if she had blanked out everything she did in the past. There is no hint that this woman used to anchor the spanish evening news only a few years ago.

I wonder what happened to her once so magnificent wardrobe. Moths? Did Leonor set it on fire? Did she have to exchange it for her new jewellery? It's a very desperate move to repeat the outfit from the National Day and it will remain her secret why. But hey, the event was indoors so she had to wear a coat and maybe this one was the only one she could find when she hastily prepared herself for the event. At least the outfit is not as bad as on the National Day as it looks like she omitted the ugly shoe & stocking combination.
Her hair is as terrible as ever and she has also blanked out from her anchor days that make up should not only be on the face but on the neck too. The fact that Letizia showed up unstyled at this so important event for her hopefully does not mean that she left her hairdresser at home and will appear on Friday with a wash and go style

Letizia's hand looks terribly skinny in this pic
For the blue outfit, see my answer to crisiñaki;

For the hairdo, see my answer to crisiñaki

For the stress, see my ansewer to crisiñaki.


You too are shooting faster than your shadow!

I don't know what is your job in the life but if you are abble to make quiet your emotion when you are speaking in public about your childhood and your beloved country, you have an estupendous cool blood. In the same register, I don't think that the people would like thet letizia would be anchorwoman to speak about Asturias. Do you know the love of the country?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 74
I was just about to mention the same thing, Adelaide. She is wearing the blue of Oviedo and Asturias. It is imo a very thoughtful and symbolic gesture. Moreover, the coat/dress seems to be a Varela trademark - in her two appearances at the PoA Awards, she has worn a coat on top of a dress. Also, if I remember correctly, the event did not take place solely indoors as they were moving to the plaza for drinks, etc later. Since it looked like a cold night in Oviedo as we can see from the heavy coats and scarves worn by people who were standing outside the town hall, I think she was smart to wear what she did.

I thought she was both expressive and confident when giving her speech which was not only sincere and humble but wove the personal with the institutional very successfully.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Maybe the blue coat is the best blue outfit she has (blue is the color of Oviedo), thus she decided to recycle. The place and time of this event was decided at the last minute, thus she might not have the new clothes for this outdoor event at night.
I don't quite understand why Duke was complaining about her speech, she was a bit emotional, thus seemed a little nervous, which is perfectly understandable for this occasion.
But her hair looked bad, she should have an updo hair since it was an evening event.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Gaia's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 109
I do like her voice, it is mesmerizing.

I am puzzled by her fashion choices since she became a mother. She appears to be struggling to find a happy medium between short young styles and a period of 60-70's style. Even her hair style is in limbo. Hopefully she will get her mojo back soon as I did love her style in the first year, especially the shoes!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:23 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
What a great and severe censor you are!

When you say it's incredible that the Princess of Asturias is repeating so fast an outfit, the asturian people are saying what a tactful and kind gest to wore a blue outfit, and more exactly the blue of Oviedo

Whithout this reason which seems to me sufficient, she is going to have to elegant events more, the concert of to morrow night and the day of the prices. Do you think that the princess of Asturias is wrong to wear the color of her town, more to wear on her outfit the symbolic brooch of Asturias, that you didn't have noticed

May be you are a little extrem. For her hairdo, you are repeating to - yo too- It's her cut of her for the moment why do you want that Letizia changes her hairdo because you don't like it

To end, the princess of Asturias was a little bit disturb by a kind gest of her husband who with many tenderness was giving to her the stick of the town that the Mayor had just giving to him because he is Honorary Mayor. Can you imagine Letizia would be a little moving by this ceremony and may be, I say be because I'm not sure, she isen't a machine!


Dear friend I find that you are shooting faster that your shadow!
is your opinion and I respect that, so please respect mine (do not try to make insignificant or wrong)
all in peace

1. Blue? well, I guess she has other blue outfits, doesn't she? why repeating after such a short time? not even us poor proletarians do that
2. I can't help but repeating since she repeats herself, her hair is awful as it have been the last couple of months
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:38 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,812
I like the outfit, but it would have been WAY more interesting if she'd worn something else, since she last wore the outfit a week or two ago.

She REALLY needs to do something about her hair, longer, or worn up, or in curls, or just a totally new style, or not straighten it as much, or get Panteen Pro-V, ANYTHING would help! She might even need a better hairstylist, because, when she wears it down, it looks almost as if she cuts it herself, and did a cruddy job. It's getting almost as old an boring as Elena's "faithful" braid.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
Next, she should be given the title of Saint. I think some of the remarks to Duke and Crisiñaki are pretty absurd and quite rude. Duke and Crisiñaki are probably two of the few who actually make sense and give credit when credit is due. There is no reason to attack them like that. She does look very simple and plain. I don't see any reason as to why she looks like that. Her make up, hair, choice of outfits. It is simply the truth whether some like it or not.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: olney, United States
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladejesus View Post
I managed to just catch the tail end of her speech. She looks beautiful. It was so sweet that she spoke of how the Infantas will know how beloved Oviedo is for the Principes.
Do you get Spanish channels in Chicago?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: olney, United States
Posts: 605
Letizia does not seem to care about being a fashion icon. This is a good thing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-24-2007, 10:50 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
That's a trademark of the SRF, the Queen and the Infantas aren't precisely fashion icons, they are almost always very well dressed (elegance, "percha" as we would say in spanish) but never to the "fashion" point

I agree with you, not being a fashion icon is nice, specially if you do dress well, know how to recycle and mix and match clothing
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 629
[quote=Duke of Marmalade;684220]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

A nice opportunity to honour Letizia as she is in town for the PoAA anyway. That's the good part. I am still stunned how nervous and stiff Letizia comes across when she has to deliver a speech as if she had blanked out everything she did in the past. There is no hint that this woman used to anchor the spanish evening news only a few years ago.
I disagree on this. I thought she was emotional in her speech having just received such a distinction in her native land.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royals named Young Global Leaders, 2007/2008 norwegianne Royalty Past, Present, and Future 38 03-28-2008 01:58 PM
Princess Letizia Named "Honorary Citizen" of Ribadsella; December 5, 2007 Ccile King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 41 12-13-2007 12:24 PM
A Swedish Prince Named Johan? emoone03 Royal House of Sweden 17 03-12-2007 06:13 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]