The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am so proud of Leonor. She did so well. I bet she was extremely nervous, but it will become an important memory that she will cherish on her heart forever.

The first speech was more formal, and she clearly practiced more for it. She was very natural at it, and I loved that she mentioned Queen Sofia and her asturian blood. I think it should be mentioned that her speeches were done with eye to the public, she looked to the audience while she read the lines, which is very important. Very well done.

The second speech was more relaxed and not so rehearsed. Loved it too!

What a delight we're having this year with the young royals. First, was Princess Ingrid Alexandra and her confirmation (loved her speech as well), now Leonor, and this week it will be Elisabeth of Belgium with her 18th birthday celebrations!!! For me it's so lovely to see them grow and become fine adults (it's a pity that Amalia is still the only heir without much visibility nor public appearances unlike the other young royals).

But, for me, Leonor will always have a special place of my heart. I still remember well today when I saw direct live on TV when her parents came out of the clinic when she was born and they presented her to the media. Ahhh, thinking about it, really brings me a lot of tears on my eyes.

Btw, do we know if Leonor will be at the Princess of Girona awards?

Old 10-22-2019, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary Beard's chronicle on the Awards Ceremony. She attended as guest since she was awarded the Social Science Award on 2016:
https://www.the-tls.co.uk/the-prince...mpression=true

Old 10-22-2019, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've always liked Mary Beard's documentaries, so fun to hear that she was at the awards too.

Leonor must have done well if she made even republicans admire her!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank