Princess of Asturias Awards 2015-2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, controversial or not, there is still a monarchy in Spain, unlike France and some other European countries.

They have become used to it. The whistling, booing, sneering and yelling is predictable. Still it is not a very welcoming reception, of course. And remember: Letizia is from Oviedo! The city is also capital of the principality of Asturias, which the King was for decades! If even in their very own Oviedo they can not be received without all this disruption.... Yelling to a daughter of the city, to a fellow-citizen from Oviedo.... Other royals would also show a stiff upper-lip but possibly feel shocked. ("What have we done to deserve such hostility?")

:ermm:

ICAM with you about the lack of hospitality shown to this "daughter of Oviedo" and her spouse...it is as surprising as it is troubling.:ermm:

But the faces of Felipe and Letizia remained the same as if they had been greeted with only cheers and warmth no matter how they felt inside, and that is why I complimented them.

It's how I expect Royals to behave under such circumstances.

Long live asturian queen

http://www.lne.es/sociedad-cultura/2015/10/25/visita-paso-paso/1831930.html
money quote ""They are a lovely couple. I would be talking to them a lifetime." Josefina Fernandez, Cue, was commissioned to show Reyes making technique suits village in a workshop located in the El Redondo. Letizia, acclaimed at all times by neighbors shouting "Viva la Reina Asturian" was the one that showed more interest in the process"

Princess of Asturias Awards 2016

The juries in charge of granting the 2016 Princess of Asturias Awards are to begin meeting on 10th May

MAY AND JUNE

Arts: 10th and 11th> May
Communication and Humanities : 18th and 19 May
Social Sciences: 24th> and 25th May
Technical and Scientific Research: 31st May and 1st June
Sports: 7th and 8th June
Literature: 14th and 15th June
International Cooperation: 21st and 22nd June

SEPTEMBER

Concord: 5th and 6th September

The juries in charge of granting the 2016 Princess of Asturias Awards are to begin meeting on 10th May - Communication - The Princess of Asturias Foundation

Núria Espert Romero, Princess of Asturias Award for the Arts

Actress and stage director Núria Espert Romero has been bestowed with the 2016 Princess of Asturias Award for the Arts, as made public today in Oviedo by the Jury responsible for conferring said Award.

Núria Espert Romero, Princess of Asturias Award for the Arts - Communication - The Princess of Asturias Foundation

James Nachtwey, Princess of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities

Photojournalist James Nachtwey has been bestowed with the 2016 Princess of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities, as made public today in Oviedo by the Jury responsible for conferring said Award.

James Nachtwey, Princess of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities - Communication - The Princess of Asturias Foundation

Francisco Javier Gómez Noya, Princess of Asturias Award for Sports

Spanish triathlete Francisco Javier Gómez Noya has been bestowed with the 2016 Princess of Asturias Award for Sports, as made public today in Oviedo by the Jury responsible for conferring said Award.

The Princess of Asturias Foundation

The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Paris Agreement, Princess of Asturias Award for International Cooperation

The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the Paris Agreement have been granted the 2016 Princess of Asturias Award for International Cooperation, as made public today in Oviedo by the Jury responsible for conferring said Award.

The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Paris Agreement, Princess of Asturias Award for International Cooperation - Communication - The Princess of Asturias Foundation

Some of this year's award-winnings have already arrived to Oviedo for Friday's ceremony.

Article with pics of Richard Ford and Hugh Herr (Literature and Scientific reasearch Awards):
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...letizia-entrevias/0-397-195/reina3gtres-a.jpg

Javier Gomez Noya, Sports Award:
Gómez Noya a su llegada a Oviedo - La Nueva España

And lovely Mary Beard, Social Sciences Award, who looked beyond happy carrying an "Easy Spanish, step by step" book :p
Llegada a Oviedo de Mary Beard, premio "Princesa de Asturias" de Ciencias Sociales - La Nueva España

Actually, although the national press mainly focus on events from Thursday-Saturday, when the royals are present, this is always a very intense week in Oviedo with all the parallel events that go on, and the laureates usually have a packed agenda in the city, with lots of events organized by the PoA Fundation. For instance, Richard Ford had a meeting and a chat with a reader's club:
Encuentro de Richard Ford con clubs de lectores - La Nueva España

Or Mary Beard visiting the nearby roman village of Veranes: Mary Beard visitando la Villa Romana de Veranes - La Nueva España

Luckily, we can always rely on Local Press to follow their events. IIRIC, last year Queen Letizia attended one of these parallel events, a round table with Francis Ford Coppola.

Tbh I always just gave attention to the actual ceremony, but I really like how the foundation shows real interest into the winners with these kind of events.

I still think how nice it would be, if Lenor attended too. I don't consider her too young for a concert.

I would like to see her too, but since she's still going to be 11 year old, I don't think they will bring her to this event yet. Maybe around 13/14 years old when she's a teen.

I would like to see her too, but since she's still going to be 11 year old, I don't think they will bring her to this event yet. Maybe around 13/14 years old when she's a teen.

Since Felipe attended his first at 13 (though I understand it was the first ever, so of course it's the precedence), I wouldn't be surprised to see Leonor attend in 2018.

Princess of Asturias or not, Leonor is a child. Her main duty is school right now. Plenty of time for her to attend when she is eighteen. Yes it would be nice to see her more, but at age and time appropriate, like not an evening concert on a school night.

She needs to do events well before the age of 18, age approriate of course (not saying that the PoA events are age approriate). In comparison Christian, Amalia, Elisabeth or Ingrid Alexandra (all around same age as Leonor) almost regulary join their parents for age appropriate events. You can't pull an 18 year old out of the hat at the time that the public so far has only seen at Mallorca photoshoots (Easter and Summer), National Day and on the christmas card.

Back
Top Bottom