The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Serene Highness

Oh my gosh, I just signed in! This is so exciting -- I'm sending prayers for a safe delivery. bigheadshrimp -- 8-9 hours really isn't very long for a first labor but since they said she was being monitored by Drs. in her home, I wonder if the Dr. went there first today and at a certain point advised her to move to the hospital. In other words, I wonder if she may actually have been in labor a whole lot longer and then moved to the hospital at a critical time. Who knows? I just pray this has a wonderful ending!

Old 10-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicamaluca
The CPrincess was admited around 20:00pm CET, so only 5 hours passed :)
i read in some articles saying that b4 the princess arrive....the contractions started around 4/5pm spain time....dunno if that's true

Old 10-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicamaluca
To change the succession law in Spain a chenge in the constitution is needed and that is a long and complex process. The goverment needs to be dissolved, the changs must go on a referedum to be approved by the people and only then the change is made. I think that the spanish goverment will made this at the time of the new general elections in Spain. In this way a dissolutions isn´t needed.
Thank you for explaining.
One more question though: So the government (prime minister) has "promised" to change it...similar to Denmark, where the prime minister also talked about the change in summer...and now it´s on the way (?)
Old 10-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilde1286
lucys, the Univision news is on right now. Will they talk about it now, or at night?
They talked about it in tonight's evening news segement.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Very exciting news! I am on pins and needles awaiting the good news!
Me, too ... I think I've hit the refresh button on this thread a hundred times already!
Old 10-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Lumina
Me, too ... I think I've hit the refresh button on this thread a hundred times already!

same here...keep on hitting the refresh button.....
Old 10-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Nobility

For those of you who are interested (and in North America) the news program "60 minutes" is on this hour, with an interview with Prince Charles. I believe he'll be the second interview in the program- on in a few minutes.

I'm going to watch it to help pass the time (and keep myself from obsessively hitting the refresh button!)!!!

Eliza
Old 10-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Good idea, Eliza!

www.one.org
Old 10-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Serene Highness

What time is it in Spain now?
Old 10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

The time is 1:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
What time is it in Spain now?
Old 10-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Courtier

TVE is currently covering princess letizia and prince felipe since their engagement time to now......rite now.....anyone interested can go to the online one..

anyone can translate what that girl's (newscaster) talking abt in front of the clinic from TVE now?
Old 10-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
TVE is currently covering princess letizia and prince felipe since their engagement time to now......rite now.....anyone interested can go to the online one..
I loved the report about the pregnancy and their relationship :) Great imags!!!

The live connection to the Ruber informed that there isn´t no updates.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
anyone can translate what that girl's (newscaster) talking abt in front of the clinic from TVE now?
She has not said not newly at all, that everything follows
how it was, there is no news. TVE is the public television it is normal that they cover all the events of the Royal Family. This night they connect every hour with the Ruber.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Courtier

omg...still no updates......dang.....i'm going out to eat soon.....dun wanna go...wanna stay in front of my pc until the heir is born!!!!

thankz xica, lula and olka....
Old 10-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Courtier

The Royal House as just confirmed that the Princess is giving birth

El Mundo
La Zarzuela confirma que la Princesa está ingresada para dar a luz. La Zarzuela confirma a la 1.16 horas que la Princesa de Asturias está ingresada para dar a luz

----------------

Translation:
Zarzuela Palace has confirmed, at 01:16 am, that the Princess of Asturias was admited to give birth.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Courtier

Exclamation

First babies can take a while to get here but hopefully Letizia won't have too rough of a time. I'm sure she would like it to be over with as soon as possible so she can at last see the baby.:)
Old 10-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Courtier

OH WOW! Here we go....:) :)

www.one.org
Old 10-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Royal Highness

Well, This is great! Can't wait..!
Old 10-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Courtier

so does that mean we won't need wait for a long time?!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Courtier

From El Mundo:

Supplies for the reporters
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/album..._albumes_0.jpg