Princess of Asturias admitted to the Ruber Clinic: Baby Watch begins!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh, I just signed in! This is so exciting -- I'm sending prayers for a safe delivery. bigheadshrimp -- 8-9 hours really isn't very long for a first labor but since they said she was being monitored by Drs. in her home, I wonder if the Dr. went there first today and at a certain point advised her to move to the hospital. In other words, I wonder if she may actually have been in labor a whole lot longer and then moved to the hospital at a critical time. Who knows? I just pray this has a wonderful ending!

xicamaluca said:
The CPrincess was admited around 20:00pm CET, so only 5 hours passed :)

i read in some articles saying that b4 the princess arrive....the contractions started around 4/5pm spain time....dunno if that's true

xicamaluca said:
To change the succession law in Spain a chenge in the constitution is needed and that is a long and complex process. The goverment needs to be dissolved, the changs must go on a referedum to be approved by the people and only then the change is made. I think that the spanish goverment will made this at the time of the new general elections in Spain. In this way a dissolutions isn´t needed.

Thank you for explaining.
One more question though: So the government (prime minister) has "promised" to change it...similar to Denmark, where the prime minister also talked about the change in summer...and now it´s on the way (?)

Mathilde1286 said:
lucys, the Univision news is on right now. Will they talk about it now, or at night?
They talked about it in tonight's evening news segement.

Alexandria said:
Very exciting news! I am on pins and needles awaiting the good news!

Me, too ... I think I've hit the refresh button on this thread a hundred times already!

Bella Lumina said:
Me, too ... I think I've hit the refresh button on this thread a hundred times already!

same here...keep on hitting the refresh button.....

For those of you who are interested (and in North America) the news program "60 minutes" is on this hour, with an interview with Prince Charles. I believe he'll be the second interview in the program- on in a few minutes.

I'm going to watch it to help pass the time (and keep myself from obsessively hitting the refresh button!)!!!

Eliza

TVE is currently covering princess letizia and prince felipe since their engagement time to now......rite now.....anyone interested can go to the online one..

anyone can translate what that girl's (newscaster) talking abt in front of the clinic from TVE now?

Last edited by a moderator:
bigheadshirmp said:
TVE is currently covering princess letizia and prince felipe since their engagement time to now......rite now.....anyone interested can go to the online one..

I loved the report about the pregnancy and their relationship :) Great imags!!!

The live connection to the Ruber informed that there isn´t no updates.

bigheadshirmp said:
anyone can translate what that girl's (newscaster) talking abt in front of the clinic from TVE now?

She has not said not newly at all, that everything follows
how it was, there is no news. TVE is the public television it is normal that they cover all the events of the Royal Family. This night they connect every hour with the Ruber.

omg...still no updates......dang.....i'm going out to eat soon.....dun wanna go...wanna stay in front of my pc until the heir is born!!!!

thankz xica, lula and olka....

The Royal House as just confirmed that the Princess is giving birth :D

El Mundo
La Zarzuela confirma que la Princesa está ingresada para dar a luz. La Zarzuela confirma a la 1.16 horas que la Princesa de Asturias está ingresada para dar a luz

----------------

Translation:
Zarzuela Palace has confirmed, at 01:16 am, that the Princess of Asturias was admited to give birth.

Last edited:
First babies can take a while to get here ;) but hopefully Letizia won't have too rough of a time. I'm sure she would like it to be over with as soon as possible so she can at last see the baby.:)

I wonder how is the daddy handling with the siruation... any fainting already? :D

I think this "Daddy" is incredibly supportive and proud of his wife- we've seen this countless times in public situations. I can only imagine this increases in private situations.

Eliza

Alexandria, I think you might be quite right about Canada and Spain..it makes sense to me..I am from the Greater Edmonton area, St.Albert to be exact.:)
It would be nice if the baby would be born within the next few hours but of course babies come in their own time..I was in labour with my son for abut 12 hours which is pretty normal..

Wow! Snacks and drinks for the reporters. It's great that the hospital/royal family has provided them with something to sustain them in their wait :)

Hope the baby arrives soon!

I'm in Vancouver....soo...i kinda still have some hrs to go b4 i sleep..haha..it's only like 430pm rite now....i guess i wont' sleep tonite unless i hear the news..haha so darn excited

I´m sooooooooooo nervours and excited :p I can´t wait to hear the big news!!

Beate said:
I was in labour with my son for abut 12 hours which is pretty normal..
12 hours?? Oh, boy!
I hope we won't need to wait that much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beate
I was in labour with my son for abut 12 hours which is pretty normal..

12 hours?? Oh, boy!
I hope we won't need to wait that much...
Well, she is admitted for almost 6 hours, so maybe we won't wait that much :)

To Beate

Oh God, I really admire you....12 hours in labour????:eek: You must have suffered a lot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom