Queen Letizia's Personality

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guido

Nobility
Country
Italy
Letizia has definitaley choleric personality. She is a perfectionist , careerist, brave ,strong-willed, born leader type. This personality type is the most successful among the other types because these people always achieve their purposes. Hilary Clinton , Nikolas Sarkozy, Vladimir Putin just a few names who have the same temperament as Letizia.

Four Temperaments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Letizia has definitaley choleric personality. She is a strong-willed, born leader type. This personality type is the most successful among the other types because these people always achieve their purposes. Hilary Clinton , Nikolas Sarkozy, Vladimir Putin just a few names who have the same personality as Letizia.

I wonder how it is that you are able to tell that Letizia has a choleric personality? I don't get the same feelings from the pictures and statements that I have seen/read. I get the feeling that she is more the submissive wife who does what is expected of her without question. :flowers:

Your explanation would be well appreciated. :)

You do not discover anything new, Letizia has always had a great personality and she has always been a very clever woman.

I am not critising anyone but I always have wondered why when a guy has these qualities, that most people respect, it is ok, but when a woman has them it is not something to be admired?
If I had a daughter, I would want her to be a strong woman who thinks for herself and isn't afraid to stand for her ideas and convictions.

I am not critising anyone but I always have wondered why when a guy has these qualities, that most people respect, it is ok, but when a woman has them it is not something to be admired?
If I had a daughter, I would want her to be a strong woman who thinks for herself and isn't afraid to stand for her ideas and convictions.
Excellent question, one that I doubt will be answered.

As for Letizia's personality I haven't seen anything to suggest there's anything "wrong" with it....

Interesting. If she works with the Prince in tandem, she is submissive, does not have initiative, is really not working... even if she attends hundreds of events per year. If she shines, demonstrates initiative and states her opinions, she wants the spotlight, etc. If she dresses conservative, she is boring... if she dresses more up to date, it is not appropriate. What I see is a smart, educated and hard working woman who married into a Royal House and understands that even though she has intelligent input to provide, she must abide in actions and words by the guidelines provided by the House she belongs to (guidelines which would vary from Royal House to Royal house -would we compare Morocco to the Netherlands?). I think being smart, intelligent, strong-willed and articulate are all very positive characteristics in any man or woman especially when displaying these characteristics does not mean that the individual that has them imposes his/her own opinions without regard for the "bigger picture" in their given life situation (in Letizia's case, being the wife to the heir to the Crown).

I think the forum title must be changed to Princess Letizia's Clever personality. Don't you think?

Letizia is far too intelligent to be choleric. She knows the media, she knows whatever she does will be scrutinized and she knows she will get bad press if she is choleric. I think she is doing a great job - I've never seen her to behave too impulsively, let alone in a choleric way!

You do not discover anything new, Letizia has always had a great personality and she has always been a very clever woman.

Choleric is not a good feature and has nothing to do with being clever.By the way, why all the Spanish forum posters keep saying she´s so smart,intelligent,etc. Where do you get that from?. Because actually we don´t have the least idea what her personality is. When she speaks, like all the royals, she´s given a speech. And before that she was just a journalist.

Choleric is not a good feature and has nothing to do with being clever.By the way, why all the Spanish forum posters keep saying she´s so smart,intelligent,etc. Where do you get that from?. Because actually we don´t have the least idea what her personality is. When she speaks, like all the royals, she´s given a speech. And before that she was just a journalist.

Probably because there are people who worries for going beyond the simple appearance, for reading and to find out about the things. You can remain in her appearance, in her clothes, in a speech, in the gossip ... or you can worry in reading the persons' opinions that they share time with her in each of the acts, persons of different areas who have the opportunity to be near her and know. And it is it what allows to know better like is a person.

These days there are many news, programs of television .... on the Prince on the occasion of his birthday, many they share the idea of that had an image different from he, until they knew it. They are these prominent figures those who know closely those who better can transmit like they are.

I don´t know which is the level of intelligently of the Princess ... but yes that is a hard-working person, perfectionist, who is interested for everything and is informed well. That can support her husband in his work, and that has helped him to extract his real personality, to be a man more happy, nearby and opened.

On Friday there was a program in the Spanish television, in which different persons who knew the Prince were speaking on him. One of these persons was Woody Allen, he knows the Princes and has shared with them meetings, from this distance and objectivity that to give to be a man very famous and removed enough from what can be a princess, realized an interesting commentary on having said that the Princess was a woman " fascinating and affectionate ".

Probably because there are people who worries for going beyond the simple appearance, for reading and to find out about the things. You can remain in her appearance, in her clothes, in a speech, in the gossip ... or you can worry in reading the persons' opinions that they share time with her in each of the acts, persons of different areas who have the opportunity to be near her and know. And it is it what allows to know better like is a person.

These days there are many news, programs of television .... on the Prince on the occasion of his birthday, many they share the idea of that had an image different from he, until they knew it. They are these prominent figures those who know closely those who better can transmit like they are.

I don´t know which is the level of intelligently of the Princess ... but yes that is a hard-working person, perfectionist, who is interested for everything and is informed well. That can support her husband in his work, and that has helped him to extract his real personality, to be a man more happy, nearby and opened.

On Friday there was a program in the Spanish television, in which different persons who knew the Prince were speaking on him. One of these persons was Woody Allen, he knows the Princes and has shared with them meetings, from this distance and objectivity that to give to be a man very famous and removed enough from what can be a princess, realized an interesting commentary on having said that the Princess was a woman " fascinating and affectionate ".

I second your comments. I have followed the Royal Family for many years but have never met any of them in person. I just have a certain impression based on what I have access to: reading newspapers, magazines, biographies etc, and many times these materials include comments of those who meet them and what their impressions are. These comments provide a glimpse into the kind of person that she seems to be.

I know for sure? Of course not. I guess I am going off topic here but it bothers me that many nice, interesting comments, impressions of those who have actually met her in person, seem to be so very lost amid the gossip, distortions and sometimes downright lies that seem to be the order of the day in the yellow press, which relies in this kind of "journalism" to make a quick buck without fearing any consequences as Zarzuela does not respond to anything however far-fetched it might be.

Seems to be nothing new, though, as for many years there were less than nice comments about the Queen I remember reading here and there (that she was "cold," criticism for being too close to her Greek family & inviting them to Mallorca, that she did not get along with her sisters in law (sounds familiar?) and that she spoke English at home). Early on, some called King Juan Carlos "el Breve" (the brief); here we are 30 years later. I guess it comes with the territory but I find it sad and distasteful. I enjoy reading about their activities, love looking at the pictures, etc. but the ugly comments of the yellow press just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me HRH The Princess of Asturias remains a virtual royal mystery.Since she became a royal her personality seems to have gone through a sudden subtle change.She seems more quieter and less opinionated than when we first met her as a would be royal.But my dear to say she is choleric is certainly hardly the case.Diana was choleric,Princess Margaret was choleric,Kaiser Wilhelm II was choleric,King Juan Carlos is choleric.But Letizia? I do not think so.With all respect,she has not made a major global impact,the way Diana did since the beginning of her royal carreer.

"Just a journalist", so I guess being just a journalist is easy to come by in your opinion? I tend to think that being a journalist actually takes a lot of hard work and is not something that comes so easy. As it is quite a competitive field. Based on her journalist background it does seem obvious that one can understand her to be an intellectual, hard working, and well spoken woman.

Now that being said, the title of this thread is bad, I don't believe in any way that "choleric" describes Letizia's assumed personality. Choleric does not seem to be good personality trait for anyone. Maybe a title that was more general like, "Letizia's personality" would be better. That way we can all discuss the perceived personality that she demonstrates to have.

What does choleric mean exactly. I went and looked it up and the dictionary says it means "extremely irritable or easily angered". How does that describe Letizia, Juan Carlos, Princess Diana, Princess Margaret and others mentioned above? I'm confused!

What does choleric mean exactly. I went and looked it up and the dictionary says it means "extremely irritable or easily angered". How does that describe Letizia, Juan Carlos, Princess Diana, Princess Margaret and others mentioned above? I'm confused!

Sounds like another one of those that want to tear her down for no reason. The poor woman cannot win.:bang:

I think what they mean by choleric personality is the personality/temperament type not a description of the person.

There are various theories that categorize people by their personality/temperament type. Generally people are have a specific sets of traits that will fall into one of four different types.(Some people use different names,descriptions) e.g. Choleric, Melancholy, Sanguine, Phlegmatic.

Cholerics are generally defined as goal-orientated, driven, definite opinions.(and more)

There are a wide variety of different names given for the temperaments by different people. (Temperament and Personality ) This website gives a basic description (i had to Google temperaments) but obviously everyone has something of each with one dominant temperament type.

It is only a theory everybody should decide for themselves.

I'm not quite sure if Letizia would fall into that category as we don't "know" Letizia and only judge by what we see from photos.

I´d call Letizia very strict and disciplined both to herself and to her family. Could imagine f.i. that Felipe sometimes asks her to gain a little more weight but she´s always afraid to gain too much and therefore stays on a diet. (This is typical for her sign of the zodiac: virgin)
And I think she´s very ambitious and wants to work well in that what she and Felipe called a "project" when interviewed shortly before there engagement....:rolleyes:

I think what they mean by choleric personality is the personality/temperament type not a description of the person.

There are various theories that categorize people by their personality/temperament type. Generally people are have a specific sets of traits that will fall into one of four different types.(Some people use different names,descriptions) e.g. Choleric, Melancholy, Sanguine, Phlegmatic.

Cholerics are generally defined as goal-orientated, driven, definite opinions.(and more)

There are a wide variety of different names given for the temperaments by different people. (Temperament and Personality ) This website gives a basic description (i had to Google temperaments) but obviously everyone has something of each with one dominant temperament type.

It is only a theory everybody should decide for themselves.

I'm not quite sure if Letizia would fall into that category as we don't "know" Letizia and only judge by what we see from photos.

Exactly, there are four temperaments in the world. Unfortunately, many people have no idea what it is.

Being a choleric personality isn't bad thing if you don't want to drive everyone and everything. These people are clever ,very successful, strong-willed, goal-oriented, self-confident, realist.

1, Phlegmatic people are very passive ,peacful, and often lazy. Letizia isn't a phlegmatic person at all.

2, Melancholic people are very creative, shy, pessimistic and sensitive. They are often artists and inventors. Letizia isn't this type. Her late sister Erika had this temperament. Unfortunately the artist-souled people often commit suicide.

3, Sanguinic people are very optimistic, cheerful, brimming with life. If someone has this temperament , she/he will look like a big child in spite of adulthood. Crown Princess Maxima has definitely saguinic temperament. Letizia isn't this type either.

4, Choleric people are the most successful in their work because they are perfectionist,careerist and never give up their principles. Their dremas are always gonna come true.

Of course, each temperament has positive and negative qualities.

Last edited:
Letizia was at the top of her game, she reported from two of the major events of this century so far; New York post- September 11th and Iraq.

Mediocre journalists do not get positions like these her past CV shows, that unlike some of the other CP's who are excessively praised, she was among the best of her peers.

Last edited:
All persons who know Letizia say that she is a very intelligent woman.
She has been an excellent journalist that even when she was a little girl, she was a radio presenter (there is a photo of this moments), Letizia was her own program.
Moreover anyone who spoke with her, after said that Letizia is very clever so ... this is certainly her best feature in addition to her beauty.

All persons who know Letizia say that she is a very intelligent woman.
She has been an excellent journalist that even when she was a little girl, she was a radio presenter (there is a photo of this moments), Letizia was her own program.
Moreover anyone who spoke with her, after said that Letizia is very clever so ... this is certainly her best feature in addition to her beauty.

Please don't misunderstand me. I never said that Letizia is not clever or unitelligent. Please read carefully what I wrote about temperament types. Being choleric personality is not a bad thing what I said earlier. Yes, She was a successful journalist because she has definitely a choleric temperament. Choleric people are always very successful in their work.

Four temperaments are part of psychology. If you know the personality types , this will help you to get to know people. That is a good thing.

Last edited:
Please don't misunderstand me. I never said that Letizia is not clever or unitelligent. Please read carefully what I wrote about temperament types. Being choleric personality is not a bad thing what I said earlier. Yes, She was a successful journalist because she has definitely a choleric temperament. Choleric people are always very successful in their work.

Four temperaments are part of psychology. If you know the personality types , this will help you to get to know people. That is a good thing.

You are wrong Guido, my comment was not for you. I have responded to a Rosana´s comment.:rolleyes:

But....... I wonder why your insistence that Letizia is choleric and why you decided to open a thread about it, do you think that it is so important? I never have seen you here, I think it's a little strange.

Meaning of "choleric"

In Germany it´s very bad if someone is choleric. To be choleric is considered a very bad characteristic. It means that blow one´s top very fast or howl around or just be very undisciplined!!:eek:

You are wrong Guido, my comment was not for you. I have responded to a Rosana´s comment.:rolleyes:

But....... I wonder why your insistence that Letizia is choleric and why you decided to open a thread about it, do you think that it is so important? I never have seen you here, I think it's a little strange.

Why is it strange? Its good to see new members around. This is an intresting topic which will attract few new members:)

Letizia seems to me someone who knows what they want and what they are able to do. She had a very successful career but that doesnt put her as a strong women, she was good at what she did and that doesnt mean she would be as good as that being a princess. So far, she's done a good job. Maybe its unfair to ocmpare becasue they are two different things.

Letizia was at the top of her game, she reported from two of the major events of this century so far; New York post- September 11th and Iraq.

Mediocre journalists do not get positions like these her past CV shows, that unlike some of the other CP's who are excessively praised, she was among the best of her peers.
I think Letizia seems to be at the top of the others is because she was on Tv, she was out there. The others werent simply becasue of their jobs. Others might just be as good as she is but we wouldnt of known about. Therefore I think its a bit unfair.
Sorry for abit off topic.

Last edited:
I think Letizia seems to be at the top of the others is because she was on Tv, she was out there. The others werent simply becasue of their jobs. Others might just be as good as she is but we wouldnt of known about. Therefore I think its a bit unfair.

That's absolutely correct. Thousands of people can be considered good journalists in their profession. Letizia did anchor the news but that's not only down to being good at the job - which she was, not doubt about that - but it's also down to being at the right place at the right time, having the right gender or looks etc. At that time it worked out well for Letizia and I am sure she had a great career ahead of her. I am tired though of her being presented as the journalist of journalists in Spain which is not true. It's not that that whole nation knew who she was when the announcement came, rather the opposite. Maybe she had a potential to become a heavyweight in her profession but we'll never know. Besides, most women have only a short career in front of the camera, once the look has gone they will be replaced by someone younger and only few survive on the screen after 40.

Back to topic, I don't find her choleric at all. I don't see anything in her personality that would come close to Clinton, Sarkozy etc (as mentioned earlier by guido). If that was the case she never would have married Felipe which put her into the second row and into her husband's shadow. I see her maybe as bossy, dominant or controlling which is not negative per se. It only turned out bad for her because Zarzuela did not think that these features were suitable for her role and cut her back to the submissive part, at least when being on duty with Felipe or on rare occasions on her own. I personally don't think the way she is being presented these days by Zarzuela reflects her true personality. If only she could or they would let her do her own thing Letizia would be another CP seeking her own spotlight with a proper solo agenda rather than being an accessory or being reduced to a clothes hanger most of the time.

It's one thing to present the evening news, an accomplishment in itself, it's a completely different thing to be sent to report from major news incidents.

Even getting a slot on the evening news is highly competitive, reporting from a warzone is usually reserved for the brightest and best.

Just a journalist? :eek: I wonder how many people would react to your comment.:ermm: I'm not a journalist by profession but your phrase did struck me.:rolleyes:

"Just a journalist" that won a journalism award, "just a journalist" who covered major worldwide events like the war in Iraq, September 11, and she wasn't even 30..

That's absolutely correct. Thousands of people can be considered good journalists in their profession. Letizia did anchor the news but that's not only down to being good at the job - which she was, not doubt about that - but it's also down to being at the right place at the right time, having the right gender or looks etc. At that time it worked out well for Letizia and I am sure she had a great career ahead of her. I am tired though of her being presented as the journalist of journalists in Spain which is not true. It's not that that whole nation knew who she was when the announcement came, rather the opposite. Maybe she had a potential to become a heavyweight in her profession but we'll never know. Besides, most women have only a short career in front of the camera, once the look has gone they will be replaced by someone younger and only few survive on the screen after 40.

I don't think anybody here has ever presented Letizia as the journalist of the journalists in Spain, but that's undeniable that she was one of the most successful of her generation, even her former classmates said so. Whether you are Spanish, Dutch (you can ask Henri) or others, if you watched TVE news (I know many rarely watch news), you would have known about her. She was not only an presenter, she was mainly a correspondent, whose job description doesn't depend on the look. Among the others, Mathilde had a clininc, that's impressive. But rich families often help their kids starting up their own business. I would be more impressed if she is from poor background or even ordinary background. Nevertheless she was doing very good.

Back to topic, I don't find her choleric at all. I don't see anything in her personality that would come close to Clinton, Sarkozy etc (as mentioned earlier by guido). If that was the case she never would have married Felipe which put her into the second row and into her husband's shadow. I see her maybe as bossy, dominant or controlling which is not negative per se. It only turned out bad for her because Zarzuela did not think that these features were suitable for her role and cut her back to the submissive part, at least when being on duty with Felipe or on rare occasions on her own. I personally don't think the way she is being presented these days by Zarzuela reflects her true personality. If only she could or they would let her do her own thing Letizia would be another CP seeking her own spotlight with a proper solo agenda rather than being an accessory or being reduced to a clothes hanger most of the time.

Sofia was also said to be bossy, doesn't it really matter ? I think at the beginning Zarzuela did pair her with Felipe for the engagements, now perhaps they want to work together. I saw the TVE specials and read many articles this time, some who had met them and worked with them said that Prince enjoys his wife's company and they make a good team. The job of the princess consort (at least in Spain) is to support the Prince. Since Felipe tends to 'entire' his team (might not be his faul since different people have different energy level), I don't think working with him is any easier than a traditional consort job, such as opening/visiting kindergartens, hospitals or watching shows.

Last edited:
That's absolutely correct. Thousands of people can be considered good journalists in their profession. Letizia did anchor the news but that's not only down to being good at the job -.

Letizia won an award for it if I remember correctly and was honored by her peers. I believe that does lend some legitimacy to her pre-Felipe career.

Back
Top Bottom