The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
All persons who know Letizia say that she is a very intelligent woman.
She has been an excellent journalist that even when she was a little girl, she was a radio presenter (there is a photo of this moments), Letizia was her own program.
Moreover anyone who spoke with her, after said that Letizia is very clever so ... this is certainly her best feature in addition to her beauty.

Please don't misunderstand me. I never said that Letizia is not clever or unitelligent. Please read carefully what I wrote about temperament types. Being choleric personality is not a bad thing what I said earlier. Yes, She was a successful journalist because she has definitely a choleric temperament. Choleric people are always very successful in their work.

Four temperaments are part of psychology. If you know the personality types , this will help you to get to know people. That is a good thing.

Four Temperaments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Please don't misunderstand me. I never said that Letizia is not clever or unitelligent. Please read carefully what I wrote about temperament types. Being choleric personality is not a bad thing what I said earlier. Yes, She was a successful journalist because she has definitely a choleric temperament. Choleric people are always very successful in their work.

Four temperaments are part of psychology. If you know the personality types , this will help you to get to know people. That is a good thing.

Four Temperaments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are wrong Guido, my comment was not for you. I have responded to a Rosanaīs comment.

But....... I wonder why your insistence that Letizia is choleric and why you decided to open a thread about it, do you think that it is so important? I never have seen you here, I think it's a little strange.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Courtier

Meaning of "choleric"

In Germany itīs very bad if someone is choleric. To be choleric is considered a very bad characteristic. It means that blow oneīs top very fast or howl around or just be very undisciplined!!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
You are wrong Guido, my comment was not for you. I have responded to a Rosanaīs comment.

But....... I wonder why your insistence that Letizia is choleric and why you decided to open a thread about it, do you think that it is so important? I never have seen you here, I think it's a little strange.
Why is it strange? Its good to see new members around. This is an intresting topic which will attract few new members

Letizia seems to me someone who knows what they want and what they are able to do. She had a very successful career but that doesnt put her as a strong women, she was good at what she did and that doesnt mean she would be as good as that being a princess. So far, she's done a good job. Maybe its unfair to ocmpare becasue they are two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Letizia was at the top of her game, she reported from two of the major events of this century so far; New York post- September 11th and Iraq.

Mediocre journalists do not get positions like these her past CV shows, that unlike some of the other CP's who are excessively praised, she was among the best of her peers.
I think Letizia seems to be at the top of the others is because she was on Tv, she was out there. The others werent simply becasue of their jobs. Others might just be as good as she is but we wouldnt of known about. Therefore I think its a bit unfair.
Sorry for abit off topic.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:46 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I think Letizia seems to be at the top of the others is because she was on Tv, she was out there. The others werent simply becasue of their jobs. Others might just be as good as she is but we wouldnt of known about. Therefore I think its a bit unfair.
That's absolutely correct. Thousands of people can be considered good journalists in their profession. Letizia did anchor the news but that's not only down to being good at the job - which she was, not doubt about that - but it's also down to being at the right place at the right time, having the right gender or looks etc. At that time it worked out well for Letizia and I am sure she had a great career ahead of her. I am tired though of her being presented as the journalist of journalists in Spain which is not true. It's not that that whole nation knew who she was when the announcement came, rather the opposite. Maybe she had a potential to become a heavyweight in her profession but we'll never know. Besides, most women have only a short career in front of the camera, once the look has gone they will be replaced by someone younger and only few survive on the screen after 40.

Back to topic, I don't find her choleric at all. I don't see anything in her personality that would come close to Clinton, Sarkozy etc (as mentioned earlier by guido). If that was the case she never would have married Felipe which put her into the second row and into her husband's shadow. I see her maybe as bossy, dominant or controlling which is not negative per se. It only turned out bad for her because Zarzuela did not think that these features were suitable for her role and cut her back to the submissive part, at least when being on duty with Felipe or on rare occasions on her own. I personally don't think the way she is being presented these days by Zarzuela reflects her true personality. If only she could or they would let her do her own thing Letizia would be another CP seeking her own spotlight with a proper solo agenda rather than being an accessory or being reduced to a clothes hanger most of the time.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
It's one thing to present the evening news, an accomplishment in itself, it's a completely different thing to be sent to report from major news incidents.

Even getting a slot on the evening news is highly competitive, reporting from a warzone is usually reserved for the brightest and best.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Choleric is not a good feature and has nothing to do with being clever.By the way, why all the Spanish forum posters keep saying sheīs so smart,intelligent,etc. Where do you get that from?. Because actually we donīt have the least idea what her personality is. When she speaks, like all the royals, sheīs given a speech. And before that she was just a journalist.

Just a journalist? I wonder how many people would react to your comment. I'm not a journalist by profession but your phrase did struck me.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

"Just a journalist" that won a journalism award, "just a journalist" who covered major worldwide events like the war in Iraq, September 11, and she wasn't even 30..
Old 01-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
That's absolutely correct. Thousands of people can be considered good journalists in their profession. Letizia did anchor the news but that's not only down to being good at the job - which she was, not doubt about that - but it's also down to being at the right place at the right time, having the right gender or looks etc. At that time it worked out well for Letizia and I am sure she had a great career ahead of her. I am tired though of her being presented as the journalist of journalists in Spain which is not true. It's not that that whole nation knew who she was when the announcement came, rather the opposite. Maybe she had a potential to become a heavyweight in her profession but we'll never know. Besides, most women have only a short career in front of the camera, once the look has gone they will be replaced by someone younger and only few survive on the screen after 40.
I don't think anybody here has ever presented Letizia as the journalist of the journalists in Spain, but that's undeniable that she was one of the most successful of her generation, even her former classmates said so. Whether you are Spanish, Dutch (you can ask Henri) or others, if you watched TVE news (I know many rarely watch news), you would have known about her. She was not only an presenter, she was mainly a correspondent, whose job description doesn't depend on the look. Among the others, Mathilde had a clininc, that's impressive. But rich families often help their kids starting up their own business. I would be more impressed if she is from poor background or even ordinary background. Nevertheless she was doing very good.

Quote:
Back to topic, I don't find her choleric at all. I don't see anything in her personality that would come close to Clinton, Sarkozy etc (as mentioned earlier by guido). If that was the case she never would have married Felipe which put her into the second row and into her husband's shadow. I see her maybe as bossy, dominant or controlling which is not negative per se. It only turned out bad for her because Zarzuela did not think that these features were suitable for her role and cut her back to the submissive part, at least when being on duty with Felipe or on rare occasions on her own. I personally don't think the way she is being presented these days by Zarzuela reflects her true personality. If only she could or they would let her do her own thing Letizia would be another CP seeking her own spotlight with a proper solo agenda rather than being an accessory or being reduced to a clothes hanger most of the time.
Sofia was also said to be bossy, doesn't it really matter ? I think at the beginning Zarzuela did pair her with Felipe for the engagements, now perhaps they want to work together. I saw the TVE specials and read many articles this time, some who had met them and worked with them said that Prince enjoys his wife's company and they make a good team. The job of the princess consort (at least in Spain) is to support the Prince. Since Felipe tends to 'entire' his team (might not be his faul since different people have different energy level), I don't think working with him is any easier than a traditional consort job, such as opening/visiting kindergartens, hospitals or watching shows.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
That's absolutely correct. Thousands of people can be considered good journalists in their profession. Letizia did anchor the news but that's not only down to being good at the job -.
Letizia won an award for it if I remember correctly and was honored by her peers. I believe that does lend some legitimacy to her pre-Felipe career.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
Just a journalist? I wonder how many people would react to your comment. I'm not a journalist by profession but your phrase did struck me.

I donīt know why all misunderstood what i was trying to say, i suppose "just" was out of place, because i never wanted to say something pejorative about the profession, which i respect like any other. I wish i had such a profession myself. She presented the news, (some rumors say she got there with a little help) so i donīt think she had the least chance to demonstrate how intelligent she was. Itīs a job that any journalist can do. Itīs not the same than make interviews and give personal opinions, esp in politics.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I donīt know why all misunderstood what i was trying to say, i suppose "just" was out of place, because i never wanted to say something pejorative about the profession, which i respect like any other. I wish i had such a profession myself. She presented the news, (some rumors say she got there with a little help) so i donīt think she had the least chance to demonstrate how intelligent she was. Itīs a job that any journalist can do. Itīs not the same than make interviews and give personal opinions, esp in politics.
Actually you are incorrect, Letizia was also a correspondent and reported from Iraq and New York after Septmeber 11th. Those are not jobs that "any journalist can do"....
Old 01-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

In 2000 Letizia reported from Washington, D.C. on the presidential elections. In September 2001 she broadcast live from Ground Zero following the 9/11 attacks in New York and in 2003 she filed reports from Iraq following the war. In 2002 she sent several reports from Galicia in northern Spain following the ecological disaster when the oil tanker Prestige sank
Letizia, Princess of Asturias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Nobility

Thanks for the links Little star!
Princess Letizia was certainly one of the best journalists.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Commoner

I think she has a nervous nature and is probably a perfectionist.
So far we have not been able to see her in her full expresion since she has been pregnant with difficult pregnacies and also, the Royal House has not given her enought solo acts for her to shine all by herself.
She needs to have her own agenda and her own causes and that way she will demonstrate what a good Princess she can be.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamali View Post
She needs to have her own agenda and her own causes and that way she will demonstrate what a good Princess she can be.
She's done her duties since becoming Princess of Asturias with poise, grace and rapt attention. She's already shown she is a good princess and has begun to have more solo duties and has shown interest in children's causes. And just because she shares alot of joint agendas with her husband, it shouldn't matter any less the work she has done together with him. They are a team.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Just because she was a good professional it doesn't mean she has to be a good princess. A good nurse doesnt make a good lawyer, right? Why should a good journalist make a good princess?

Anyway, I don't find Letizia a choleric lady. Chorelic people are often related with violence, hysteria and uncontrollable emotional states.

What I think about her is that she is a very tense and nervous person. I don't think she is relaxed when she performs a duty. Her face and the way she looks at people seems to me that she is always thinking "am I doing well?!". IMO, she is doing very, very well, she just needs to... enjoy the moment.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamali View Post
I think she has a nervous nature and is probably a perfectionist.
So far we have not been able to see her in her full expresion since she has been pregnant with difficult pregnacies and also, the Royal House has not given her enought solo acts for her to shine all by herself.
That is true. I believe the problem is that Letizia misjudged what she was getting into. She had a good career, caught a prince and thought that from now on she would automatically be one of the most admired and respected women in Spain and that she was simply perfect for the job (what could have been true). Well, it turned out differently and she somehow seems to be in a state of shock about the constant critizism and respectless media attitude towards her. When I see her I wish she would relax and just be herself and not think about possible mistakes or what people think of her. Instead there always this tension, trying hard to prove that she's up to the job and people feel that. When looking at the Letizia around engagement time I think it's a fact that Zarzuela made her change her personality / appearance to a high degree - at least in public and therefore she's still struggling. Her role and her personality are worlds apart but must somehow be matched - that causes a lot of stress, I believe, not being allowed to be herself.

Furthermore, Letizia was somehow "thrown" at the spanish public, meaning that she did not have to go through the fire before marriage that all the others had to endure - just remember Mette-Marit or Maxima - but this time is important to help clearing all irritations and smoothening the way for respect and admiration. I understand Felipe's reasons to go this way - thinking of Eva Sannum - but by presenting Letizia instantly as his fiancee he tried to suppress the critizism that has now constantly found its way during the past four years. In my opinion the "Maxima way" is much better - clear all the controversial stuff beforehand, even if it means a controversial discussion with the public, media and the parents, but finally backing and standing by the woman and getting married to her brings along respect. Willem Alexander went that way and he and Maxima came out very strong whilst Felipe gave in to his parents and the media with Eva Sannum - a big mistake if he really loved her - and tried to cowardly outwit the media and the public when presenting Letzia, with her bossy nature and divorcee past, an attitude that has clearly backfired since shortly after their marriage when looking at the big picture.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

I donīt think Letizia is nervous at her duties, with Felipe or solo events. She seems to be very well prepared, is always very interested of the people she meets and deals with people absolutely great. She has been given more and more solo events and I think she is very good at them. She and Felipe are a powerful duo, and they are doing a great job for Spain.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, I remember that for example the Norwegian Princes after marrying, with the excuse of studying were a time living in London.

I believe that to criticize before or to criticize later is not a problem, while they could and they be useful they will criticize, ultimately the time puts the things in its place, the problem is the type of critiques. I believe that if someone is judged or criticized by something logical, this person can accept it. But when constant is appealed to the lie, the deception, the insult, the personal attack ... to criticize for criticizing, it is not acepytable. And when a person tries to do and does the things well, and one attacks her for attacking, it ends up by being frustrating.

But the time passes, the people get bored with these things, and end up by estimating and respecting the irresolute person, who has could be kept in her place. If the people perceive that in any circumstance this person is capable enclosedly of sacrificing part of herslf for occupying the place that corresponds to her in every moment and to behave well always... she will have the gained respect, and from there she will be able to begin a much firmer way. For my this one is a long career, a work of many years.

I believe that we are before a new process. The birthday of the Prince supposed the definitive recognition of what the arrival of the Princess had supposed ... a man matures, happily, with a family, more nearby, with a more opened character... Even surprisingly some of the "most poisonous" paparazzi admitted that with the Princess the treatment to the press has improved.

Now what stays is that the Royal House is raised a bit to the wave, and act with a bit more of intelligence.