Princess Letizia's 40th Birthday: September 15, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
Letizia's 40th Birthday

The Princess of Asturias turns 40 in less than 2 weeks time,do any of our Spanish posters know if their will be any celebrations or if it will be just very low key with close family/friends?

Felipe had for his 40 birthday a photosession and videosession on his own home with Letizia and the girls.
for Letizia i doubt that it will be like that again, he is the heir of the throne not Leti, so the focus should be on him and not her. but the 'Casa Real' might publish a new portrait for Letizia to mark this ocassion, like it happened with Mary and Maxima^^

Felipe had for his 40 birthday a photosession and videosession on his own home with Letizia and the girls.
for Letizia i doubt that it will be like that again, he is the heir of the throne not Leti, so the focus should be on him and not her. but the 'Casa Real' might publish a new portrait for Letizia to mark this ocassion, like it happened with Mary and Maxima^^

It would be nice but I doubt they'll do anything,I could be wrong though ;)

monarquiaconfidencial reported a few weeks ago that the palace was preparing for a celebration. I dont have the link to the site stating it and I dont know how true it is.

But for some reason I doubt it is going to be anything big, its just not like the Spanish Royal family to celebrate big when it comes to birthdays. I could be wrong.

monarquiaconfidencial reported a few weeks ago that the palace was preparing for a celebration. I dont have the link to the site stating it and I dont know how true it is.

But for some reason I doubt it is going to be anything big, its just not like the Spanish Royal family to celebrate big when it comes to birthdays. I could be wrong.

I must keep an eye out for monarquiaconfidencial .To be honest I'm not expecting anything at all,the King and Queen's 70th birthdays were low key and so was Prince Felipe's 40th. A big family gathering is out of the question with the Palma's being back in Spain.

And for sure not a royal gathering
BYe Bine

And for sure not a royal gathering
BYe Bine

I'd say it will be a quiet family gathering,possibly without either of the Kings daughters or sisters.

i doubt they will do a party, aside from a private party within the family and friends. it's just not the tendency of the spanish royals to do big gatherings, and it would not be appropriate to "innovate" on this policy on these very tough times for spain.

For the public, there will be austerity = nothing. Behind closed doors, different story, as usual.

I remember when all parties where cancelled prior to the wedding after the Madrid bombings F&L went out to the Bahamas with friends to do a "private" party behind closed doors, in some rich friends' mansion. It only became public knowledge because Miami airport security had none of the diplomatic pass (at that stage Letizia didnt have one) and they insisted scanning through the luggage and there was some argument about it with the bodyguards.

Back then the media was more reluctant to make something big out of it, although it was in the papers, a wedding was to come and Spain was much better off. These days one can only imagine what would follow a similar incident so the Asturias will be very careful what to do.

Maxima can be glad that she married the Dutch CP and not the Spanish one :p What a difference, a lavish party including the public, and not a hint of critizism.

For the public, there will be austerity = nothing. Behind closed doors, different story, as usual.

I remember when all parties where cancelled prior to the wedding after the Madrid bombings F&L went out to the Bahamas with friends to do a "private" party behind closed doors, in some rich friends' mansion. It only became public knowledge because Miami airport security had none of the diplomatic pass (at that stage Letizia didnt have one) and they insisted scanning through the luggage and there was some argument about it with the bodyguards.

Back then the media was more reluctant to make something big out of it, although it was in the papers, a wedding was to come and Spain was much better off. These days one can only imagine what would follow a similar incident so the Asturias will be very careful what to do.

Maxima can be glad that she married the Dutch CP and not the Spanish one :p What a difference, a lavish party including the public, and not a hint of critizism.

A quiet family night in watching the X-factor at Zarzuela with a Pizza for the girls...I can just see it :D

Maybe Letizia will celebrate it with her husband,kids and just her own family?

So true Duke, and I'm glad we got to peak in on the one with Maxima!!!!

led prior to the wedding after the Madrid bombings F&L went out to the Bahamas with friends to do a "private" party behind closed doors, in some rich friends' mansion. It only became public knowledge because Miami airport security had none of the diplomatic pass (at that stage Letizia didnt have one) and they insisted scanning through the luggage and there was some argument about it with the bodyguards.

Duke, there was no party, that was an invention of the press, because in those days, another group of spanish famous people traveled to the same area. The Prince and Letizia just traveled with a couple of friends to another friend's house in a a holiday week. The story was clarified much later, with names and dates, but people like the controversy and few were interested in correcting it.

The Prince and Letizia just traveled with a couple of friends to another friend's house in a a holiday week.

Exactly. Although all festivities were cancelled and the mood was one of shock, they went on to the Bahamas to have a good time. I recall that it didnt go down to well in public but they got a pass because of the upcoming wedding.

What I wanted to say is that only because of small unplanned incidents - like the security at Miami airport or the King breaking his hip in Botswana - the public gets to know that the SRF is not so much into austerity when they move outside the spotlight.

Anyway, I am sure there will be a suitable party for the future Queen of Spain on her 40th Birthday.

Anyway, I am sure there will be a suitable party for the future Queen of Spain on her 40th Birthday.

We'll just have to wait and see,I'd really like to see a new 40th birthday photo of the Princess and future queen consort.

There have been many hints that this summer the casa real website will be re-newed or updated or that the SRF will even go on social network sites - not sure what will come out of it - but maybe with the renewal of the site there will be new pictures of the SRF, if not for the birthday (what I seriously doubt).

Duke, they must be austere when using public resources. The Spanish Royal Family does not organize large public celebrations, which must be paid with the money of the citizens. Privately with their money, their family and friends can do whatever they want within the bounds of common sense... they too have a right to life.

It's stupid to think that members of a Royal Family do not have many friends and family with money or houses around the world. The prince and princess have them, as have many friends who are normal people, and share with them their free time, and the important thing is that they are friends or family... and not if they live in Bahamas, New York, Athens, London ... or in a small apartment in Madrid. And they treat their relationships with all their friends with the same discretion.

This family are adorable and so beautiful to watch. It's so lovely to see Felipe with his daughters, particularly his close bond with Leonor. The image of him kissing her forehead is beautiful. Letizia looks lovely as well, I adore her hair.

WOW!!!!!!!!! i knew it that they would release some pictures^^
i LOVE them all, such a precious family

Gorgeous! They are SUCH a handsome family, and so happy together. Happy birthday to Letizia, and many more to come.

I am so loving these photos. They are gorgeous. The photographer should be congratulated for such wonderful work! Wonderful surprise today. I hope she has a great 40th!

I've always thought Letizia beautiful but those pictures.. WOW!!!! The family is just adorable and the photographer did great!

Were the pictures taken in the summer home?

What stuningly beautiful photographs! I really think this one of the most beautiful royal families! Lovely...Letizia is gorgeous! IMO she's the most naturally beautiful princess!

Last edited:
Such lovely pictures! Beautiful! Thank you to all who posted links.!

Back
Top Bottom