Princess Letizia's 40th Birthday: September 15, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is His Majesty King Juan Carlos,who made the Golden Jubilee celebration awkward. I doubt that any celebration can improve Spain's image.
As for Crown Princess Letizia's photo session, it is usual.

Last edited:
What is needed is NORMALITY.

In the golden jubilee would have never been a big celebration, but some pictures and a small dinner. After the scandal Botswana there was nothing.

The image of the Royal Family also affects the image of Spain, because they are the first ambassadors and image of Spain. In recent months, it seems that has been conveyed is that the royal family is as bad or worse than Spain...and that's really bad, because the scandals Urdangarín and Botswana has reached worldwide.

The Royal Family needed to give a positive image, highlighting the good things, for the institution itself, but also for the country.

lula said:
The photos are criticized by those who always criticize everything. Now use the economic crisis to criticize everything is very absurd, but they have to criticize and seek any argument.

It is the 40th birthday of the Princess of Asturias and all the celebration has been these photos... neither big parties, no concerts, no royal guests, no official gifts...

The photos have been well received by the press, who has been waiting and asking eight years for some pictures as these. The Royal House is working to make changes and updated and that is being recognized.

Surely the magazines will sell millions of copies with these photos. Probably it will be much better for the Spanish economy than doing nothing. The magazines are usually published on Wednesday ... and all will advance to Monday the publication.

Cover of Hola

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza/casa_espanola/2012091560688/edicion-especial-hola-40-aniversario-letizia/0-215-70/portada-hola-leti--a.jpg

Letizia looks so pretty and happy for her 40th, with a hadsome husband and two beautiful little girls.
:: flowers::

LadyFinn said:
I see nothing luxurious, provocative or extravagant in these very lovely photos of a happy family. There are no expensive evening gowns, no tiaras, no big jewelry. Just a happy princess with her husband and daughters.

Doña Letizia cumple 40 años y protagoniza un posado excepcional junto a don Felipe y las Infantas Leonor y Sofía | Galería 14 de 16 | Mujerhoy.com

Princess Letizia releases special edition photos to mark her fourtieth birthday - hellomagazine.com

I see nothing wrong despite being royal this family looks like they had photos taken in their backyard together in casual clothes. They look so happy being together plus i totally agree with LadyFinn.

Victoria of Sweden had posed for a fashion magazine a few years ago, she and Daniel had a photo session before the wedding. I think the only European RF who hasn't done this type of photoshoots or wouldn't do one in the future is Liechtenstein.

But those pictures actually invite us into their privacy.
If the aim was to protect her privacy then 3 pictures would indeed have been enough.

If there were only 3 pictures for 3 scenes (wife, mother, herself), I bet more people would be complaining.
They had a very good professional photographer this time, took the pictures with an excellent lighting and setting, but they haven't done any over the top styling or posing, gestures, expressions are all familiar to me, you can find them all in their public appearances over the year (except for Sofia falling asleep).

Last edited:
They are finally doing what all other royals are doing, trying to please the public with such sweet, artificial photos. I like some of them, especially the sit-down with the royal couple, while I find others (especially the Letizia-only shots) just fake, airbrushed and hollywood-ish, something that hasnt applied to the pictures of the SRF, until now.

Like other royal families, now, because they are in a desperate position, are starting to sell themselves to the public incl kids, something they always refused to do, all these cheesy posing, some of the shots are really tacky, but what else can they do?

Considering we know they are really private for various reasons, its easy to see that these shots are a fake, cool calculated home story, nothing more. How things can change.

Some previous poster said that Letizia didnt even have a hairdresser for these shots, seriously? She's professionally styled and airbrushed to the maximum, some of these shots could go straight into Vogue, something that was until now a no-no for the so very serious Spanish royals but rather applicable for the fluffy peers.

Getting back to Letizia's actual birthday is there any news from Spain regarding a family celebration?

I liked the pictures and I liked the approach, very different to what we have seen in the past.
I dont know whether to expect a celebration but something would be nice.

:wub:
I actually like all pics (with only one exception), especially the bare-footed ones giggling with the family, simply W O N D E R F U L !!!

But also the ones with Felipe are great (given the fact, that the gossip about problems are swaging around again and again since months now) - and well, Letizia alone, she really is a beauty - and here we have pics with a more formal as well as with a more "private" attire, great. And all other CPs pics are photoshopped as well (I especially remember Maxima as well as Victoria´s earlier this year), so what do you expect????

I think, it is great PR and especially the ones with the family will break the hearts of all Spanards :whistling::flowers:

BYe Bine

Bine221, I agree with you that all other CPs' photos have been airbrushed or photoshopped, Maxima and Victoria even appeared a lot thinner to fit today's beauty standard. I can't believe some posters could praise one photo set to a sky, then calling another one tacky. What's so tacky about Letizia's pictures, there is no over the top styling or posing, hair, makeup, clothes are all very simple.

one of the most thing that im pleased, is that they opened doors to a future releases of official pictures of Infanta Leonor's 10th birthday, Felipe and Letizia 10th wedding anniversary...
i think from now on, we'll get a higher chance to see the Asturias family more often

Be more specific when mentioning "Scandinavian royal families". I do not remember the Swedish royal family doing a photo spread like this.
Maybe not a photo spread, but there have been a one-hour tv program with the SRF shown at New Year for the last 35 years.

Princess Letizia looks lovely with her family in the photos. Totally off-topic that backyard is stunning.

Why does Princess Letizia looks so depressed in her pics I never see her smiling. I wonder if her and Rania are related cause they look like eachother.

Maybe not a photo spread, but there have been a one-hour tv program with the SRF shown at New Year for the last 35 years.
SVT does an annual retrospective of the royal family's year. Hardly comparable.

Why does Princess Letizia looks so depressed in her pics I never see her smiling. I wonder if her and Rania are related cause they look like eachother.

What do you mean - her solo poses in this photo shoot? In the others she was smiling and laughing. I love the harmony, peace and serenity in her solo photos.
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/ListasAux/Galeras/20120801-LA_PRINCESA_DE_ASTURIAS_CUMPLE-ES-111676/07%20Principes%20Asturias.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...AS_CUMPLE-ES-111676/16 Principes Asturias.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...AS_CUMPLE-ES-111676/04 Principes Asturias.jpg
And she was smiling a lot yesterday at a visit to the school.
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia of Spain Attend the Opening of 2012 Scholarship Course - Pictures - Zimbio

Last edited:
I loved the photos with the Infantitas. Of course they are posed pictures, but no harm in it IMO.

Because of her birthday Letizia poses at the magazine Tiempo with other women in the political, cultural and sporting areas. Letizia has been photographed with 12 women: the tennis players Conchita Martinez, Juliana Senators and Elena Fernandez Castellanos, singer Concha Buika, actress Laia Marull, soprano Monserrat Marti, the conductor Inma Shara, writer Eugenia Rico, Professor of Chemical Engineering Carmen Molina, the director of the Prince of Asturias Foundation Teresa Sanjurjo, and Yahoo VP for Europe Noelia Fernandez. The report has been made in late July.
Letizia le coge gusto a los posados - Vanitatis
Translation

Last edited:
Its a good idea, I remember Felipe doing something similar when he turned 40.

Well, I love the idea! I think it´s great to use Letizia´s birthday to describe that generation of inspirational women. Some of them are idols of me (Inma Shara, I really really like that woman :flowers:).

Back
Top Bottom