The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Felicitades a los Principes, Leonor y los Reyes!

A great day, both Maxima and Letizia announcing their pregnancy, and what a coinsidence!

Old 09-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldt20
I just read in "elmundo.es" that a person from the Royal Household said that if the pregnancy is set, there is no reason to wait for an announcement.

I think that's just an excuse. All other pregnancies in the Spanish Royal Family have not had problems and they always waited 3 months to make an announcement.

In 20minutos.com they were saying that in Europe some rumors about a miscarriage had surfaced (even though nobody knew she was pregnant).

The Royal Household probably wanted to put to rest any miscarriage rumors as well as the anorexia rumos or they just didn't want any new rumors to start.
Maybe they want avoid situation with Masako 1 pregnancy, then she was so stressed by news-hungry press and had miscarriage.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I just read in "elmundo.es" that a person from the Royal Household said that if the pregnancy is set, there is no reason to wait for an announcement.

I think that's just an excuse. All other pregnancies in the Spanish Royal Family have not had problems and they always waited 3 months to make an announcement.

In 20minutos.com they were saying that in Europe some rumors about a miscarriage had surfaced (even though nobody knew she was pregnant).

The Royal Household probably wanted to put to rest any miscarriage rumors as well as the anorexia rumos or they just didn't want any new rumors to start.
Thank you!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
wow! i can't believe it! another baby boom? maxima's pregnancy was just announced and now letizia's is announced. mette marit and letizia's last pregnancies were announced the same day as well!

my congratulations to the couple!

here is an article by spanish newspaper el mundo confirming it's official: http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/0...159198070.html
No it was mary and later the same day Mette-Marit. Letizia's was 2 weeks later.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Looking at this photo of this morning it seems that the Princess did not have a good day.
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11iz1.jpg
Already in Leonor's pregnancy, she had many problems with the nauseas. Probably because of it she does not come today to the dinner.
It is evident that in these circumstances they were forced to announce it, because her absence in such an important visit would not have justification.

I hope that a better pregnancy has that with Leonor. For the present time, I hope that she travels to Oviedo on Thursday, because it can be very very special. The next week have a trip to The United States.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
All other pregnancies in the Spanish Royal Family have not had problems and they always waited 3 months to make an announcement.
How do we know there were no problems?! We didn't heard about any problems, but misfortunes can happen as it happened with Infanta Elena third pregnancy...

Quote:
Except for pregnancy many things have been said about Letizia the last months .

What's the problem if she isn't of 3 months already and they decided to make the announcement? I honestly don't see where's the problem...

I am glad they did because if Princess Letizia missed tonight's Gala without a writen justification I can imagine the big day there would be tomorrow in those media...

And she could be of more time than it was announced; it happens sometimes to remove the deadline pressure from Princesses and they give birth 2 or 3 weeks before everyone was expecting .
Old 09-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Nobility

i'm so hapyy congratulation
Old 09-25-2006, 01:08 PM

Congratulations to Felipe and Letizia. It's lovely news but again we have this succession issue.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilla
All other pregnancies in the Spanish Royal Family have not had problems and they always waited 3 months to make an announcement.
I might be wrong, and since I'm on dial-up internet connection I don't have the time to search for proof, but wasn't Elena suffering a miscarriage just one day after her third pregnancy was announced? I recall this very far away in my brain. Does anyone know details about this?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Smile

I'm sending good healthy baby thoughts to the PoAs and sis Leonor! Two of my favorite princesses are both having babies-great! And there's Luis Alfonso and Maria Margarita as well. Lovely, lovely.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

On the rumor of the abortion because of her anorexia ... it was a news of a yellow German magazine, which does not have any credibility, if they extended it was to have a topic of which to speak, still knowing that the magazine was not serious, and they said it last Friday. If they had wanted to stop it, they had announced it last weekend, and they would have avoided to do it during the visit of the Portuguese President.

What has been demonstrated once again, is that the press, when they do not have to count invents ... and once again they have committed a very big mistake. And many should ask Letzia for excuses, instead of looking for excuses to solve their mistakes.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, she did

Quote:
Originally Posted by little pumkin pie
I might be wrong, and since I'm on dial-up internet connection I don't have the time to search for proof, but wasn't Elena suffering a miscarriage just one day after her third pregnancy was announced? I recall this very far away in my brain. Does anyone know details about this?
Infanta Elena suffered a miscarriage the after the royal house announced her 3rd pregnancy. I think it was in the spring 2000 0r 2001.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Courtier

VIDEO - News Telecinco

Old 09-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I knew something awesome is gonna happen!!! During last 3-4 acts she really looked a bit different, fuller and even more glowing. I thought if she really is pregnant they would announce it on Leonor's birthday, but anyway, I'm sooo thrilled!

Articles, articles, articles:

"el mundo":
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/0...159198070.html

Gallery "Letizia's last ten activities" from elmundo:
http://www.elmundo.es/albumes/2006/0...zia/index.html

"hola":
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006...izia-embarazo/

"El Pais":
http://www.elpais.es/articulo/espana...pepunac_7/Tes/

"La Vanguardia":
http://www.lavanguardia.es/gen/20060...aco-silva.html

Old 09-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal House very modern and original ... again .. in order that the press does not fight

http://www.larazon.es/noticias/sms.htm

A message brief SMS, but with sufficient information to collapse the digital page of the Royal Household: " The Princes of Asturias wait for their second baby by the beginning of May ", itwas saying the text, which was calling on to visit the official communique in the mentioned web.

Such and like it was happening with the birth of the infanta Leonor, last October 31, 2005, Zarzuela chose to advance the news of the Dona Letizia's second pregnancy across the mobile telephone, in a message that came exactly at 17:23.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Aristocracy

WONDERFUL NEWS! No wonder Letizia is pregnant, we all have seen on the photos from the summer that she and Felipe were very much in love and I hoped that this announcement would come. So little Felipe is coming?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations To Leonor And Felipe!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Nobility

WOW! WOW! WOW!
CONGRATULATIONS!
So another baby boom. Recently I wondered about next royal baby boom. My predictions was about mid-2007. So I was right So who is next? Princess Mary?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!