The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Nobility

I know this isn't the place to talk about this but I just heard (read on a web site that Letizia's sister has just died.Does anyone have more info?

Old 02-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Nobility

I hope the baby will have too much stress of this horrible loss for Letizia. What a shock it must be for Letizia, thankfully she is a rather safe stage of her pregnancy.. right?

Old 02-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrjam
I hope the baby will have too much stress of this horrible loss for Letizia. What a shock it must be for Letizia, thankfully she is a rather safe stage of her pregnancy.. right?
Well, it's good that it's already her 2nd/beginning of 3rd trimester, if it had been the first months of pregnancy it could have been more dangerous... Poor woman, I can't imagine how she must be feeling right now!

Old 03-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh well, the countdown to the birth seems to be already increasing tentatively in the media Hola has just prepared the poll for the name for future Infanta and now "ABC" created the gallery summing up the whole pregnancy, month by month:

El embarazo de la Princesa, mes a mes

Old 03-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Royal Highness

In this pregnancy hardly to used trousers like in the one of leonor.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica
In this pregnancy hardly to used trousers like in the one of leonor.
We can say whithout to make so great error that the Princess of Asturias was seen wearing NO pant for an official act since her pregnancy was becoming obviously visible...
Old 03-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Courtier

Might there be a tiny chance that the baby could yet appear to be a boy? I´m not sure in which week of her pregnancy they announced the baby to become a girl. Do you think they found out by ultrasound or by amniotic-fluid-check-up?
And in case of amniotic....why did they do the test? I mean Leti is only 34. So when Leonor was under way do you think they did amniotic... already? That would mean they knew Leonor would become a girl?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

She is a girl, if the doctor confirmed it and the Royal House announced it is because they were sure. It is a very serious topic, neither the Royal House nor the doctor would risk. The Royal House would provoke a political scandal and the doctor would meet very harmed.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Courtier

I'm pretty sure they found out through ultrasound or sonogram. Amniocentesis is a prenatal test used to rule out genetic birth defects (ex: Down syndrome), that is its purpose and not to find out the sex of the child. However, it poses a high risk of miscarriage with other complications of fetal trauma and early labor or delivery.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
So when Leonor was under way do you think they did amniotic... already? That would mean they knew Leonor would become a girl?
I'm not sure what tests were done during that pregnancy, but they did not know the sex of the baby until she was born. When Felipe spoke to the press after Leonor's birth, he said he was so wrapped up in the excitement that he forgot to ask the sex of the baby until the medical staff had already taken her to be examined. They did not want to know the sex of this baby either; but they had said they would if that information was deemed necessary in the debate on the reform of the constitution.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Serene Highness

Not that I have much to add about this topic but I've personally never heard of the doctors/sonogram being wrong when they say it's a girl. I have however, heard of stories of parents being told it was a boy when in fact it was a girl. I guess the doctor mistakened something maybe a finger/thumb for something else

Interesting info ladejesus, I didn't know Felipe was slow to ask what the sex of Leonor was at the time. Funny!
Old 03-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Not that I have much to add about this topic but I've personally never heard of the doctors/sonogram being wrong when they say it's a girl. I have however, heard of stories of parents being told it was a boy when in fact it was a girl. I guess the doctor mistakened something maybe a finger/thumb for something else

Interesting info ladejesus, I didn't know Felipe was slow to ask what the sex of Leonor was at the time. Funny!
Yes, it's the Princeof Asturias himself who was telling the story in front the Press, it was really too charming
Old 03-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Gentry

if they have a second girl, what will be the name of the girl?
maybe, Isabella?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810

In fact I was to be a boy... The doctor was absolutely sure about it and then I arrived and it was evident he was wrong... But it was almost 20 years ago and Letizia has probably the best doctors and medical equipment in Spain.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
In fact I was to be a boy... The doctor was absolutely sure about it and then I arrived and it was evident he was wrong... But it was almost 20 years ago and Letizia has probably the best doctors and medical equipment in Spain.
not only that, but if they were unsure, they wouldn't have made it public and perhaps they would have decided to wait for longer until they knew for sure what the baby will be.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Courtier

I just would like to know what would happen if there is a boy?, anyway it could be a tiny possibility for that, don't you think?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

I'm sure the tests are very accurate especially when dealing with the Princess of Asturias, it would be terrible if they made a mistake.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
I just would like to know what would happen if there is a boy?, anyway it could be a tiny possibility for that, don't you think?
Since (to my knowledge) they have not reformed the constitution, the boy would become the heir. You can get more info on http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tion-7742.html

I highly doubt that they would anounce it if they weren't sure, though.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Personally, I don't see any reson for the doctors could be wrong. I'm pretty sure that the baby will be a girl.

Vanesa.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Im pretty sure too, Felipe's gonna be the king of the house..