The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, he said that (near day or three) before 2nd pregnancy was announced.
It was discussed about him circa two-three months ago.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Monaco
It's true... naturally in the Monarchie in Europe except for Denmark has reign a woman... or girls..

In Sweden Crown Princess Victoria, in Norway, HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra, in The Netherlands, Princess Catharina-Amalia, and probably in Spain Infanta Leonor...

Sorry if I forget one name... I think there was women reign because in Denmark has Prince Christian (after CP Frederik), in Jordan, the son of King Abdullah, in England Prince William...

I forget anyone??...
You forgot Elizabeth of Belgium

Old 11-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Luxembourg and Liechtenstein - men, Belgium - Philippe and Elisabeth.
Monaco well?
Old 11-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Reading the article from "20 minutos" can give you the idea how little Infantita looks like now

Anyway, she already has all the most significant parts of her little body and is able to hear Mummy and Daddy (and Leonor too) talking to her!

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1775...sarrollo/feto/

Old 11-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
I wondered, did Jaime Penafiel already start his usual vitriolic comments about the Asturias couple? When Letizia got pregnant he said she should have waited for a second child untill the constitution changes were resolved.

Now it is a girl, and Letizia's pregnancies won't bring any change in the constitutional debate, I am sure he has found something else...
Not much, I'm surprised... Here's what the creature has to say about Casa Real's announcement:

"It is positive news, since it gave some rest to the constitutionalists, because if the baby was a man, it would be a great problem".
He even suggested some names for the future infanta: «Sofía or Isabel, which are historical names".

http://www.palenciadigital.com/porta...30&hora=115502
Old 11-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Aristocracy

it's very sad how the spanish mas media are criticizing the princes because they have announced the sex of the new baby.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn
it's very sad how the spanish mas media are criticizing the princes because they have announced the sex of the new baby.
What mass media? Can you say to me which? Because it seems to my me that in general the press is delighted with that has ended the debate. Up to some of the "journalists" habitually more critics, have praised them for expiring with what the own Prince said.

I don´t know if there has been some critique, if it has been it has been very isolated.

Really, from the beginning, the Prince said that, since person did not want to know it; but that if the King and the Government were considering to be necessary that it should say, would say it. Evidently, the King and the Government, they would have reasons to think that it was better like that, and the Princes have obeyed. They have fulfilled 100 % their role.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
What mass media? Can you say to me which? Because it seems to my me that in general the press is delighted with that has ended the debate. Up to some of the "journalists" habitually more critics, have praised them for expiring with what the own Prince said.

I don´t know if there has been some critique, if it has been it has been very isolated.

Really, from the beginning, the Prince said that, since person did not want to know it; but that if the King and the Government were considering to be necessary that it should say, would say it. Evidently, the King and the Government, they would have reasons to think that it was better like that, and the Princes have obeyed. They have fulfilled 100 % their role.
I'm sure your are totally right because as far as we know the prudency of the Prince of Asturias it's difficil to think that he had token the initiative by himself whitout refering to Royal House and the Governement.

In a first time, the day of the Hispanidad he was saying if the Governement ask to the Prince to do it they wil do it and then as the governement was asking them, they did it according a shema of the Royal House and the Governement itself, the Prince of Asturias taking care to precise it's not his own decison.

It's so clear that I don't see why the authorized press could be judge wrong this "affair" . For the elses, no comment
Old 12-01-2006, 04:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Reading the article from "20 minutos" can give you the idea how little Infantita looks like now

Anyway, she already has all the most significant parts of her little body and is able to hear Mummy and Daddy (and Leonor too) talking to her!

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1775...sarrollo/feto/
Thanks LCM for the link.

The growning of the futur Infantita is really an Internacional "affair"
Old 12-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Congratulations! I admit that I should like the little girl and the little boy (as me and my brother are), but sometimes God decides otherwise. One of my poor aunts must give birth to SIX BOYS to finally have a little girl. They wanted a little girl since they married and they must go along with SIX BOYS (I don't resist to write it in capital letters...Did you even imagine a house with SIX BOYS?) And in the Urdangarin case it was a very similar case...How they must wait until little Irene was finally born!

Congrats again,Dear Princes of Asturias!!!!

Vanesa.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Could you imagine if they are wrong and it is a boy?
Her figure seems like she were expecting a boy than a girl.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
I think they have to be sure if they say that it is a girl, otherwise I cannot imagine them announcing it.
Besides, you cannot see what she is expecting if you look at the figure. That is just a rumor.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Funny, but I can't imagine they are wrong because as we know the prudence of the Prince, it seems very delicate to think that he is making a false announce....
Old 01-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I have a friend that when his mom was prengant with him as soon as the doctors could tell they told his mom it was a girl and he said to me that his parents already had a name for him (well, her) Maria after his grandmother.. and when his mom finally gave birth they where all so suprised.. and didn't know how to name him.. so they just changed the "a" of Maria and named him Mario.. I don't know if it was a joke but.. just to share
Old 01-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

It's funny! I suppose the Doctors attached to the Royal House of Spain are serious enough to be wrong, but anybody is perfect in this world!

Vanesa.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Commoner

congratulations to the royal couple!
so happy to hear this news!!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I guess it depends how they determined the sex - if it was DNA testing of some sort then I´m sure it was accurate. By ultrasound - then I guess there´s always a possibility of surprise. Btw, it´s just come to me - how early can you tell the sex of a child, and how soon with which methods? Does anyone know?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Aristocracy

I believe a woman needs to be around 20 weeks pregnant in order to find out the sex of the baby.

I've heard of cases where couples where told they where having a girl and it was a boy and viceversa, so it could happen, but I think most of the time they are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann
I guess it depends how they determined the sex - if it was DNA testing of some sort then I´m sure it was accurate. By ultrasound - then I guess there´s always a possibility of surprise. Btw, it´s just come to me - how early can you tell the sex of a child, and how soon with which methods? Does anyone know?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:45 PM
Nobility

If they're wrong about the baby being a girl hopefully it will not be a big deal. Which I doubt.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Nobility

For some reason it seems like Letizia has been pregnant for YEARS. I can only imagine how she must feel !

Closed Thread