The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Gentry

its Great... Other Baby Girl For Spain

Old 11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't beleive what I read ! To announce it beforehand is a never seen before in royal courts ! I don't understand the urgency of announcing it now

Old 11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Royal Highness

In did very great be a girl... but in my opinion they gona wait for see if the princess gona stay preganant for the 3th time.we can not forget that prince filipe is the last son of the king and the nº 3th...so, is better wait a bit longer i think for have shoure. but in did gona be great if leonor gona be queen i love the ideia!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Gentry

congrats. Yay I am so happy they are having another girl. Leonor will have a little sister to play with
Old 11-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Serene Highness

great news! although like most of us here, I was quite surprised they announced it so early. No es una parejita for Infanta Leonor but nevertheless, sisters have a lot of fun. they're almost (Irish) twins but not quite.

Congrats to the Princes and to Infanta Leonor on their new princess!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I can see Leo, Irene and this girl in the future: the Powerpuff Girls!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Royal Highness

I just logged in and this took me off guard. If I try to find the reasoning behind this it could be to get the media to calm down their pens and give the couple some space to breathe. The secret is over so no more hunting and bribing people to get the first news scoop before the birth.

Now I wonder what her name will be.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Courtier

wooo.......congrats to Letizia and Felipe and the rest of the royal family! what an unexpected news today!!! didn't expect them to announce it since no other royal families in the world would tell you the sex of an unborn baby!

the King must be disappointed again this time! but....it's good to see that the little Leonor will one day be Queen of Spain!
Old 11-28-2006, 12:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
wooo.......congrats to Letizia and Felipe and the rest of the royal family! what an unexpected news today!!! didn't expect them to announce it since no other royal families in the world would tell you the sex of an unborn baby!

the King must be disappointed again this time! but....it's good to see that the little Leonor will one day be Queen of Spain!
Why do you say that the king must be disappoiment?, Then you know him to say that, a baby girl is a human being, like a baby boy, so it is ridiculous say that, I hope he is really happy, because she is going to be a new grandaughter.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Courtier

And I thought Felipe was just messing with the journalists when he said that he was going to announce the sex of the baby. Personally, I thought they shouldn't have announced it to have a little suspense.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Personally, I thought they shouldn't have announced it to have a little suspense.
I like suspense too. But anyway Im very happy for them. Two little girls!!, Felipe is going to be the of the house!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Courtier

It's the man's chromosomes who decide the sex of the baby, so if Juan Carlos is not happy with this then he needs to get over himself because it took him the third time to produce a Prince of Asturias.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
It's the man's chromosomes who decide the sex of the baby, so if Juan Carlos is not happy with this then he needs to get over himself because it took him the third time to produce a Prince of Asturias.
totally agree! i remembered reading somewhere that Juan Carlos wasn't that happy when he knew that Leonor was born or sth....anyone clarify that?
i think it's sort of the same situation with Princess Masako....it's not really the woman who can decide the sex of the baby....women should not be the one to be blame if a baby boy isn't born....

btw...here's an article in english...

Spain's Princess Letizia to have second daughter
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/worl...ewsid=30020158
Old 11-28-2006, 03:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
I can't quite see why it is necessary to announce the sex of the baby so early.
Either they are determined to change the law or they are not.
Does the change depend on announcements and birth-dates or on principles?

And what if it turns out that the baby is a boy in the end?
As it happened to Mathilde and Philippe of Belgium.
They were told their 3rd child is a girl and then it was a boy.
That's what I thought, too. My gynaekologist told me when I was pregnant that from Ultrasonic you can only securely determine the sex of a boy in case you actually see the penis. If you see nothing it can either be a girl or a boy whose penis is yet hidden... And I don't think they would do any kind of genetic test if this is even possible with a fetus? I thought it needed some time after birth till the genetecis are properly traceable?

So, why did they announce it yet? Well, makes for some interesting waiting period now...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
I can see Leo, Irene and this girl in the future: the Powerpuff Girls!
And Victoria Federica
Old 11-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Not to put a damper on things, but I still see no announcement from Casa real here. So this could just be the media saying what they want... Does anyone have a link to the official announcement by casa Real?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
Not to put a damper on things, but I still see no announcement from Casa real here. So this could just be the media saying what they want... Does anyone have a link to the official announcement by casa Real?
The Royal House did the Official Communique the first time, to announce that they would be parents in May. In this occasion, there has no been another official communique, but only an informative note of the Royal House across the Agency EFE, which is the agency of public information.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:50 AM
Aristocracy

I am still a bit surprised with the news... It's a pleasant surprise to know that Leonor is going to have a baby sister. Well, for 1, I guessed right But then, even though Felipe mentioned that they are going to make the announcement IF NECESSARY, I did not realize that they were really going to do it! At some level, I feel sorry for him and Letizia because it seemed like they really wanted to be surprised just like what happened in Leonor's case. Well... maybe there is something beyond our knowledge that has called for them to make this decision.

Anyway, I wish a happy and stress-free pregnancy for the Princess and I'm very excited for this little girl... I'm sure she'll be a little cutie like her big sister
Old 11-28-2006, 06:18 AM
Serene Highness

So, it's official now. This early announcement of the sex of a baby is a real surprise. If it was political reason I wonder what Spainish RF expected from such announcement: that parliament will see no reason to change constitution right now? On the other hand this can also speed up the parliament decision about the constitutional change.
But the most imprtant that Letizia and new baby are healthy.
And congrats to CP couple.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it is a surprise at all because Felipe told that they may reveal the sex of this second child earlier!