The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Look at this article (hola):

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006...a-hispanidad2/

The Princes of Asturias will announce, if it is created opportune, the sex of their future baby.
(...)
Prince Felipe, happy and delighted with the future arrival of his second child, spoke distendidamente with the journalists and indicated as much that he, as well as his wife would not like to know sex of the baby until the birth, but if, arrived the moment, it considered itself opportune would approve that it knew before if is girl or boy so that the authorities value the measures to adopt in the future. “We will not have any disadvantage”, pointed Don Felipe, although at the moment the Prince does not see urgent reform the Magna Carta, although if he were a man he would open the debate on the successory order of Corona and would make the constitutional reform necessary to compare the rights of women and men in the succession to Corona (...).
The first word of Leonor
(...) As far as the questions on if they are looking for a day-care center, Don Felipe responded: “She is still very small, but she is customary to be with other children, because she plays with our nephews and the children of other friends”.

--------
This is the way hola works. First they create an eye-cathing heading ("The Princes will announce the sex of the baby!!!") what makes us (or at least me ) have the heart in the troat, and then we find out that the article tells more or less the same information as the others.

As far as I'm concered, revealing the news would make sence if there would be any possibility to change the constitution still before the birth of the baby, in next 6-7 months. The politicians would say: okay, we have enough time to change the constitution. The Princes would say that they expect the boy, and then the constitution would be change in favour of Leonor, still before the birth of her little brothers. But let's face the truth, it's barely possible to change it so quickly. So I don't think revealing their "secret" would make any difference.

Similar article from el mundo:
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/1...160666527.html

Old 10-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Royal Highness

It doesn't appear that the Spanish government is in any hurry to change the Constitution.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

Do you guys think Letizia will have a scheduled C-section? Since her next delivery will be less than 2 years from Leonor's the doctor may want to do another c-section to prevent problems.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldt20
Do you guys think Letizia will have a scheduled C-section? Since her next delivery will be less than 2 years from Leonor's the doctor may want to do another c-section to prevent problems.
I was thinking the same... Well, it will probably depends on how her state will look like in some certain moments of the pregnancy. But for the doctors it's surely easier to "make" a scheduled c-section than an emegency one...

Old 10-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Aristocracy

If it is a scheduled c-section, I wonder if they'll let the public know beforehand or we'll find out right after Letizia delivers the new baby.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Some doctors say that if the woman had c-section once that's more than probably that she will has it next time. It all depend f.ex. of the baby's size and woman's pelvis size during pregnancy (going bigger than before or not). Woman can ask for c-section too. But it all depend of the woman, her health during pregnancy and pregnancy.

In Letizia's case I think that she will has it second time.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Some doctors say that if the woman had c-section once that's more than probably that she will has it next time.
Mathilde delivered little Elisabeth via c-section, but then had a natural labour. We will wait and see, in every woman these cases look differently. I think it won't be known publically by the time Letizia goes to hospital.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

That's right. It all depend of the woman - her health during pregnancy and pregnancy etc. All pregnancies and women are different.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Aristocracy

I was wondering does anyone knows why Letizia had to have a c-section with Leonor?
Old 10-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Aristocracy

Supossedly, labor was really slow and was not advancing, which I guess it means she was not dilating enogh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordana2
I was wondering does anyone knows why Letizia had to have a c-section with Leonor?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks ldt20
I was wondering about that for a while now, that would be a good reason for a c-section.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess breaks tradition with pregnancy

MADRID, Oct. 15 (UPI) -- Princess Letizia, the wife of Spain's Crown Prince Felipe, has broken with tradition by revealing early that she is eight weeks pregnant.

full artice & source
Old 10-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Princess breaks tradition with pregnancy

MADRID, Oct. 15 (UPI) -- Princess Letizia, the wife of Spain's Crown Prince Felipe, has broken with tradition by revealing early that she is eight weeks pregnant.

full artice & source
What?!

"The announcement violates the unspoken protocol among Spain's royalty and marks Letizia's most recent attempt to win over the public's hearts and break from the country's staunch traditions, said The Sunday Times of London."

Their ability to twist the truth is just amazing...
Old 10-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordana2
Wasn't Leonor in the breach position?

Old 10-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
Wasn't Leonor in the breach position?
We don't know that. For the press conference with dr. Recanesens and Felipe we can deduce that she didn't have contractions strong enough (or just didn't have enough contractions at all) and the labour wasn't progressing, so they decided to do an emergency c-section.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
What?!

"The announcement violates the unspoken protocol among Spain's royalty and marks Letizia's most recent attempt to win over the public's hearts and break from the country's staunch traditions, said The Sunday Times of London."

Their ability to twist the truth is just amazing...
Well, I guess thats the way to make their paper sell or to be read. Its not a very good way though. I dont know where people get the hearts to say such things.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, I guess thats the way to make their paper sell or to be read. Its not a very good way though. I dont know where people get the hearts to say such things.
Dazzling I agree with you, but I would say that they doesn't get the hearts when they think about the money...
Old 10-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Dazzling I agree with you, but I would say that they doesn't get the hearts when they think about the money...
I did not mean the money, i meant how can they have the heart to write things that could/does hurt other people, who they dont even know adn which is not true
Old 10-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I did not mean the money, i meant how can they have the heart to write things that could/does hurt other people, who they dont even know adn which is not true
Dazzling I know and you has the answer - for money - becouse people are curious and they'll pay for any infos no matter is it true or false and for what source does it came from.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Ahhhhhhh, Princess Letizia seems to be a very profitable item for press, why didn't they leave her in peace?, poor girl, although I love seeing her too much.

Closed Thread