Princess Letizia is pregnant with the second girl!!!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
planetcher said:
Personally, I thought they shouldn't have announced it to have a little suspense.
I like suspense too. But anyway Im very happy for them. Two little girls!!, Felipe is going to be the :king: of the house!

It's the man's chromosomes who decide the sex of the baby, so if Juan Carlos is not happy with this then he needs to get over himself because it took him the third time to produce a Prince of Asturias.

planetcher said:
It's the man's chromosomes who decide the sex of the baby, so if Juan Carlos is not happy with this then he needs to get over himself because it took him the third time to produce a Prince of Asturias.

totally agree! i remembered reading somewhere that Juan Carlos wasn't that happy when he knew that Leonor was born or sth....anyone clarify that?
i think it's sort of the same situation with Princess Masako....it's not really the woman who can decide the sex of the baby....women should not be the one to be blame if a baby boy isn't born....

btw...here's an article in english...

Spain's Princess Letizia to have second daughter
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/worldhotnews/read.php?newsid=30020158

ricarda said:
I can't quite see why it is necessary to announce the sex of the baby so early.
Either they are determined to change the law or they are not.
Does the change depend on announcements and birth-dates or on principles?

And what if it turns out that the baby is a boy in the end?
As it happened to Mathilde and Philippe of Belgium.
They were told their 3rd child is a girl and then it was a boy.

That's what I thought, too. My gynaekologist told me when I was pregnant that from Ultrasonic you can only securely determine the sex of a boy in case you actually see the penis. If you see nothing it can either be a girl or a boy whose penis is yet hidden... And I don't think they would do any kind of genetic test if this is even possible with a fetus? I thought it needed some time after birth till the genetecis are properly traceable?

So, why did they announce it yet? Well, makes for some interesting waiting period now...;)

crisiñaki said:
I can see Leo, Irene and this girl in the future: the Powerpuff Girls!:lol: :lol: :lol:

And Victoria Federica :wub: :wub:

Not to put a damper on things, but I still see no announcement from Casa real here. So this could just be the media saying what they want... Does anyone have a link to the official announcement by casa Real?

Empress said:
Not to put a damper on things, but I still see no announcement from Casa real here. So this could just be the media saying what they want... Does anyone have a link to the official announcement by casa Real?

The Royal House did the Official Communique the first time, to announce that they would be parents in May. In this occasion, there has no been another official communique, but only an informative note of the Royal House across the Agency EFE, which is the agency of public information. ;)

I am still a bit surprised with the news... :ohmy: It's a pleasant surprise to know that Leonor is going to have a baby sister. Well, for 1, I guessed right :flowers: But then, even though Felipe mentioned that they are going to make the announcement IF NECESSARY, I did not realize that they were really going to do it! At some level, I feel sorry for him and Letizia because it seemed like they really wanted to be surprised just like what happened in Leonor's case. Well... maybe there is something beyond our knowledge that has called for them to make this decision.

Anyway, I wish a happy and stress-free pregnancy for the Princess and I'm very excited for this little girl... I'm sure she'll be a little cutie like her big sister :wub:

So, it's official now. This early announcement of the sex of a baby is a real surprise. If it was political reason I wonder what Spainish RF expected from such announcement: that parliament will see no reason to change constitution right now? On the other hand this can also speed up the parliament decision about the constitutional change.:question:
But the most imprtant that Letizia and new baby are healthy.
And congrats to CP couple.:flowers:

Last edited:
I don't think it is a surprise at all because Felipe told that they may reveal the sex of this second child earlier!

Journalist says that The Princes decided to made public the sex of the baby, on having thought that it was a question of an information that it would be transmitted in order that the authorities were valuing what changes it is necessary to adopt in the future.

Oppie said:
Philippe and Mathilde never said that there 3rd child was a girl, I don't know where you got that information from. As far as I can tell (and I looked at some old threads) no couple has ever announced ahead of time.

Actually I didn't say they announced it ahead of time.
But when the baby was born and Philippe was asked for the name
he told the press that they had been told it would be a girl and
therefore they only had chosen a name for a girl.
I saw it on TV.

That is great news, but i wished it was a boy. Anyways, i hope she has a healthy little daughter. These tests about knowing the sex of the baby is not always correct, isnt it abit early to know the sex ofthe baby?

biboquinhas said:
I don't think it is a surprise at all because Felipe told that they may reveal the sex of this second child earlier!

For once, I agree with you :flowers:

Because as we know Felipe is a very prudent Prince and by the past never he did any declaration whithout the consensus of the Kings and of the governement.

It's absolutly obvious that if the prince did a pre-announce during the reception of the day of the Hispanidad it's because he was allowed to do it.

And if he did it, I can't think that it wasen't in conceratation with Zarzuela an La Moncloa.

Whatever the opinon about the sex of the baby, it's quiet a State affair because the necessity of the constitution's reform.

As the Constitution is the basis or the constitutional monarchy in Spain, all is linked whithout to put in question the role of the Monarchy not in its essence but in its organisation.

The other reason which is for me so important that the reform of the law, it's to try to divert the weight of the press in a climax very hard for the Princess who is suffering some pregnancy's paines and who needs, as all the women, calm and rest.

For the all other considerations, what a happyness to have a new bay girl for the Princes!:wub: ( they are doing them very wel!.....)

Queen Sofia had 2 girls before hving a boy and i'm guessing it'll be the same for Pss Letizia...so her future 3rd child will probably be a boy!

But whatever it is, I truly respect them for taking the decision to announce the gender of the baby and I hope she'll have a smooth delivery

I think it is wonderful news.

With this baby the genders of Juan Carlos and Sophias grandchildren will be equal. 4 boys and 4 girls. I never thought of it before.

Roxsteve said:
What is the real reason?

Can you go into the brain of all the prototagonists ?:lol: :ROFLMAO:

Or may be we can ask to Peñafiel, he knows all the true reasons of all that is around the Princes of Asturias:lol: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
http://www.abc.es/20061128/nacional-nacional/principe-agradece-felicitaciones-recibidas_200611281310.html

Don Felipe: " We Are very happy "

The Prince of Asturias, don Felipe de Borbón, he has assured today in Toledo that the whole royal family " we are very happy " of that the Infanta Dona Leonor is going to have " a sister".

The Prince of Asturias did these declarations this midday to the journalists moments before visiting the Fair of the Solidarity, which celebrates from today in the capital of Castilla La Mancha as a parallel activity of the Congress IX State of the Voluntariado, inaugurated today. To questions of the journalists of why it has knowing so soon the sex of the future baby, the inheritor of the Spanish Wreath affirmed that the House of the King has considered opportune publicize it in this moment, " because the debate is in the street ".

On the above mentioned debate he added that " it is not an our question ", that it are the Parliament and the Government " those who have to take letters in the matter, always with the major possible consensus ".

Don Felipe, who has come without his wife the Princess Dona Letizia to the inauguration of the Congress, resembled the presents - to which he transmitted her greeting in her name - that she " always she has accompanied us and she will follow doing it providing that there is no a reason of major force ". Of another side, his Royal Highness indicated that his wife, Doña Letizia, " is nice " and, asked about the name of his second daughter, added that they are " thinking, debating and doing lists of names ", convinced, said, of that " there will be a familiar debate " around this matter.

Don Felipe de Borbón, who was acclaimed in the Plaza of the Town hall by the persons there concentrated, received during his visit to Toledo some felt and other gifts for his future daughter, that they were placed in the porter of the official vehicle. The Prince of Asturias answered this way to the received congratulations before his intervention on the part of the mayor of Toledo, Jose Manuel Molina, who expressed his congratulation; and the chairwoman of the Platform of the Voluntariado of Spain, Carmen Laviña, who also gave her congratulation to don Felipe " for having one voluntary more ".

H.M. The Queen: " We Are enchanted "

H.M. The Queen said today that the Royal Family is been charmed with by the fact that the baby for that the Princes of Asturias wait for spring is a girl. " We are enchanted. Like we; first two girls and later, already one will see ", commented the queen after presiding at the inauguration in Madrid of a congress of the Foundation of Help against the Drug addiction at that she presides.

H.M. The King: " I Am very happy "

H.M. The King Don Juan Carlos assured today that he is " very satisfied " on having been asked by the journalists by his future granddaughter. After inaugurating in Malaga the new factory of Isofotón, national leader and the second European in the field of the solar power, the monarch answered brief to the informers with phrases like "thank you very much" and " all good ". Before the insistence of the journalists, he added that he is " very happy ".

lula said:
H.M. The Queen: " We Are enchanted "

H.M. The Queen said today " We are enchanted. Like we; first two girls and later, already one will see ",

Maybe another girl like it happened in Denmark... Or only girls like in queen Beatrix' generation. Or only two girls like it was with Elizabeth and Margaret in the UK.... Better to consider that possibility, you guys at the Spanish Parliament... Especially as Felipe does not have a brother either, only sisters...

wow! another girl! I think letizia and felipe are the first royal couple that said the sex of the baby before the birth!
another infanta! may be the baby number 3 will be a boy, like happend with the queen sofia

Don't you think that they should reveal the true reason for this? Maybe there are political reasons involved so they can turn it public!

Yay!:flowers:

Now I hope they'll get going with the constitution before a third pregnancy is announced.

dazzling said:
That is great news, but i wished it was a boy. Anyways, i hope she has a healthy little daughter. These tests about knowing the sex of the baby is not always correct, isnt it abit early to know the sex ofthe baby?

I wished it was a boy too. I think Felipe would have liked that very much. I'm sure they are both pleased non the less. I have a sneaky feeling Letizia may be at this until she comes up with a boy.

I am glad of which she is girl. :wub:
Who is called Sofía like her grandmother. :flowers:

PrincessNatalie said:
I'm so glad because baby girls are cuter than boys!:w00t2:
:lol: I agree with you
Girls are more interesting than boys. Boys are boring
The media and journalist always prefer photos of princesses and royal girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom