Princess Letizia is pregnant with the second girl!!!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsa M. said:
I suppose Mr. Zappatero can rest and qietely wait for the end of his mandate...
Not so sure, my dear :lol: :ROFLMAO: The Princes are "working" so fast, that we can have another announcement till 2008, ahahaha :lol:

I can't enter casa real site...

Wow, what a great news... The boy would be awesome as well, but it's great Leti can be now calm and safe, without that mess around constitution.

Last edited:
Personally, I believe that knowing that she is another girl, they have decided that the Princess had a calm pregnancy. The Princess was in an inconvinient situation, with the polemic constants on the sex of the baby and the change of the Constitution. Probably they have thought that therefore she would be calmer and would be less pressure on her, which will be good for her and her pregnancy. Sure that this the help to improving her health.

Wow, I have to say I am really surprised that they announced it.

Did they know, or had the situation become so complicated that they felt pressured to find out ? (My understanding was they didn't know before Leonor was born)

I don't think everything in SRF turning around letizia and her health.it should be other reasons.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Not so sure, my dear :lol: :ROFLMAO: The Princes are "working" so fast, that we can have another announcement till 2008, ahahaha :lol:
Well, seing the equation from that perspective, I guess you're right: the PM has a few more months of rest then...:cool:

aryo said:
I don't think everything in SRF turning around letizia and her health.it should be other reasons.
As for me, Letizia and the baby inside her as the reasons are important enough. Felipe already had said that they will announce it if the politicians ask for it, so maybe Zapatero asked them...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
http://www.abc.es/20061127/nacional-nacional/principes-asturias-segunda-hija_200611272058.html

The Princes of Asturias wait for another girl

The Princes of Asturias wait for the next spring for the birth of their second daughter, they informed to Efe sources of the House of the King.

The mentioned sources have indicated that the gynaecologist who attends to the Princess of Asturias in her second pregnancy, Luis Ignacio Recasens, has informed don Felipe and Dona Letizia that the baby for that they wait will be another girl.

The Kings have been informed by the Princes of Asturias of which their eighth grandchild will be a girl, they added the same sources.

The Prince don Felipe, in a conversation with journalists during the receipt on the occasion of the National Day celebrated in the Royal Palace, commented that he and his wife would not have inconveniently in giving to know the sex of the baby if it was considered to be opportune, though he indicated that they personally preferred not knowing it.

This way it happened during the pregnancy of his daughter and first-born, the infanta Leonor.

Last edited:
Well, I'm very surprised...I just it saw on the news. I'm glad it will be a girl :wub: , however I hope this doesn't mean that Zapatero won't bother changing the constitution now :wacko:

Great news!:clap: Hopefully, the constitution will still be changed even if it is not as pressing of a matter anymore.

I really hope Infanta Leonor will become Queen of Spain one day! She's already such a professional young Lady (refering to the official pictures, where she poses with her parents) :wub: .
I am sure the new Babygirl will be as cute as her adorable sister!
CasaReal.es is still not working for me.. there seems to be a huge interest :rolleyes: .

Her_Majesty said:
ICasaReal.es is still not working for me.. there seems to be a huge interest :rolleyes: .

Calm, which equal up to tomorrow does not work. Always the same thing happens.:lol:

Last edited:
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espana/Principes/Asturias/tendran/primavera/nina/elpepuesp/20061127elpepunac_5/Tes

During the official reception hosted in the Royal Palace, last October 12th, the Prince had already explained that he could announce the sex of his second child. The announcement of the second pregnancy of Doña Letizia reopened the necessity of reforming the Constitution, in order to equalize the rights of men and women, in the succession to the throne.
The House of the King and Don Felipe himself have stated in many occasions there was no haste "in undertaking this modification", since there is still a generation in between: Don Felipe is the Heir, while Don Juan Carlos is the King. But today Don Felipe and Doña Letizia have decided to make the news public: their second child will also be a girl, which gives more time to undertake the reform of the Constitution.

lula said:
Calm, which equal up to tomorrow does not work. Always the same thing happens.:lol:
Don't worry about me, I am very calm :lol: ;).

Brilliant news. I really hope that the law will now be changed so that Leonor can become Queen.

I'm guessing to stop guessing.

Great news for los Principes, and all the rest of the family. They said Letizia is doing well, and I can just hope that she continues to do well, and that they have another healthy, happy little girl. And hopefully she will be as adorable as her big sister!

I'm so surprized that they announced it. I was convinced that Felipe was just saying that, and didn't really intend to announce it. Last time I doubt the Prince of Asturias. (maybe)

Good news.Leonor will have a little sister to play and Letizia a bit of calm with the succesion reform.

another girl?
wow! i'm so glad they announced... at least we won't be so concerned to see what it is when the due date comes! now we only need to know the name... :)

it will be a nice pair. two girls are always a beautiful combination in royalty as they always make a good duo (look at the danish queen and her sisters, queen elizabeth and sisters or the little dutch princesses)! i'm sure leonor will love to be a big sister of other little girl and share time together in their princessy lifes...

I can't quite see why it is necessary to announce the sex of the baby so early.
Either they are determined to change the law or they are not.
Does the change depend on announcements and birth-dates or on principles?

And what if it turns out that the baby is a boy in the end?
As it happened to Mathilde and Philippe of Belgium.
They were told their 3rd child is a girl and then it was a boy.

Congratulations to Felipe and Letizia! Leonor will have a baby sister to play with! Great news, I wonder what they will decide to name her?

If they have confirmed it, it is because it is sure, today in day there are means every more sophisticated.

I do not remember what happened in Belgium, but I believed that the Royal Houses were never announcing the sex of the babies they announced it officially or it was a rumor?

The Constitution will change, though it was evident that boy or girl were going to be late in doing it because the political situation is not for Constitutional changes.

The reason of announcing it is to finish with the polemics, and not to give arguments in order that the pregnancy of the Princess turns into a topic of political, journalistic and social debate. Surely for her it will be better, and will be able to be calmer.

ricarda said:
And what if it turns out that the baby is a boy in the end?
As it happened to Mathilde and Philippe of Belgium.
They were told their 3rd child is a girl and then it was a boy.

Philippe and Mathilde never said that there 3rd child was a girl, I don't know where you got that information from. As far as I can tell (and I looked at some old threads) no couple has ever announced ahead of time.

Doesn't this mean that Letizia is at least 5 months along in her pregnancy? I have never been pregnant myself, but I believe you have to wait until the fifth month to determine gender. Sooo, maybe in March or April Leonor will get her little sister!!:flowers:

Donna B.

i got cnfused!!!!!!!does the announcement put the change of constituation on hold? and why they announce it publicly. they can say it to polition not the public.

I hope that they two will be all right during the rest of pregnancy and delivery:flowers:
Leonor the older sister:clap:(like me and my sis.)

Donna B. said:
Doesn't this mean that Letizia is at least 5 months along in her pregnancy? I have never been pregnant myself, but I believe you have to wait until the fifth month to determine gender. Sooo, maybe in March or April Leonor will get her little sister!!:flowers:

Donna B.

16 weeks, but I think it is easier if it is a boy.

Congratulations it's a Girl! wooooooohoooooooo I knew it! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom