The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina

Well, I guess I have to get busy again and look in my crystal ball again... I'm already famous for predicting the sex of a baby; already I have predicted the sexes of 8 babies in a row without errors!
Wow! Unbelievable!!! And I'm almost always wrong...

Old 09-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

The web of the RoyalHouse is badly, only there is access to the Official Communique, yesterday the web should have collapsed.

I hope that the Princess travels to Oviedo on Thursday with the Portuguese President and his wife. Because after the advertisement Letizia will have to turn out to be early, and after the act of Oviedo, the Princes had foreseen to travel to The United States next week, so the close official act in Spain would be inwardly of more than one week.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Gentry

congratulations to the family
Old 09-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Thank you for the translation, fanletizia. It is always intersting to hear what the families are thinking. Have Letizia's mother or sisters given a comment on the pregnancy yet?
From www.hola.com

Paloma Rocasolano, mother of Princess Letizia

“Very contentments. How we are going to be! ”, it declared excited Paloma Rocasolano . The mother of Doņa Letizia indicated that her daughter called to him personally to communicate to her that she was again pregnant: “She is my daughter, who was going to notify to me”. As far as the delicate subject of the sex of the future baby, she did not show preferences: “He is equal. The time will tell you”

Videos of Dukes of Lugo and Erika Ortiz "talking" about the pregnacy

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1558...arazo/letizia/
Old 09-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Thanks for posting!

In this article Queen Sofia is also mentioned. She said while talking to journalists: "We (the King and she) didn't expect to become the grandparents again so soon!"

Articles, galleries, pics and videos from el-pais:

http://www.elpais.es/comunes/2006/principes_asturias/

Old 09-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

What fantastic news. I was so hoping that they would get pregnant again soon. Too bad the news came the same day as Maxima's announcement. I really wanted Letizia to have a "special" day, weeks away from other news. Unlike her wedding announcement and the announcement of her first pregnancy. But still, it's great news, and I hope things continue to go well through to the birth and beyond.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude
What fantastic news. I was so hoping that they would get pregnant again soon. Too bad the news came the same day as Maxima's announcement. I really wanted Letizia to have a "special" day, weeks away from other news. Unlike her wedding announcement and the announcement of her first pregnancy. But still, it's great news, and I hope things continue to go well through to the birth and beyond.
Haha, just look at the portal page: "Princess Maxima is pregnant", "Princess Letizia is pregnant", "Guess the sex of Maxima's baby", "Guess the sex of Letizia's baby", "Guess the name if Maxima's baby", "Guess the name of Letizia's baby", "Guess the godparents", "Pregnancy fashion", "Changing of the constitution" and so on, and so on, it's a real fever!!! 3/4 of the forum is dedicated to the little ones, who aren't still in the world!

-----------------
The article from "La Razon":

http://www.larazon.es/noticias/noti_nac5815.htm

Another nine months of suspense
The new pregnancy of the Princess opens the conjectures about the sex of the baby, which will be probably not know until his/her birth - In the previous period of gestation, Doņa Letizia visited three countries and went to numerous official acts. Madrid “It's a girl and it's named Leonor". That concise phrase was repeated time and time again throughout the past 31 of October. After one long night with a heavy rain in the capital, the news cleared the incognito that for more than five months had monopolized corrillos, tablecloths and infinity of conversations. With the birth of the first-born of the Princes of Asturias they closed quinielas and they were opened, that yes, other debates.
Yesterday, again, the pistol shot from exit to that suspense occurred that surrounds the royal pregnancies, hardly a year after leaving doubts. The Royal Family prefer not to make public the news of the sex of the baby before each birth. This premise, to stay, will obtain, that once again, the uncertainty lasts until the first days of May. Eight months in which each public appearance of the Princess will be analyzed and commented.
Although Doņa Letizia did not attend last night the dinner that the Kings offered to the Portuguese president, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, during her previous pregnancy the agenda of the future mother did not suffer itself in excess. In fact, she went to tens of official acts and visited three countries: the Czech Republic, Italy and Japan.
Baby boots in Majorca
Nevertheless, the trip that marked the pregnancy of the Princess was made hardly days after to have made its state public of good hope. The destiny: the Balearic Islands. It was the first time that the pair visited an independent community and where the first snapshot of the pair attracted after the announcement.
In the islands they also received the first gifts, already the mythical baby boots that made smile to the pair and that became the image of the day. Later the sandals, the typical sandals of Menorca, and the gift came that passage opened to the speculations. When to the Princes they flattered to them with a celestial apron for the baby. Don Felipe said surprised before the present: “But this is blue! ”, a joke that almost could be considered a premonition.
During the rest of May the nauseases prevented the Princess to go to all official visits. She was absent in Teruel and Washington, but took a walk for more than hour to the Parque del Retiro in the occasion of the Feria del Libro de Madrid.
In June, Doņa Letizia visited Japan, accompanied by her doctor. There, she and Felipe visited the exhibition of Aichi and went to several suppers. One of them was accidentally offered by Princes Naruhito and Masako. The heirs, whose daughter in theory will not be able to reign if the salic law which is not modified.
First speech
Another important moment in the trajectory of Doņa Letizia was in June 15th. In Logroņo and in front of the Civil Guard the Princess pronounced her first speech as a member of the Royal Family in the occasion of the anniversary of the Unit of Rural Action.
In July, the pregnancy of Doņa Letizia was already noticeable. It was the fifth month of gestation and, for example, when the Princes received in hearing the Committee of the Olímipic Candidacy of Madrid 2012, the commentaries about her beauty and her “tripita” followed one another. “How beautiful she is, already it is noticeable”, many said to her.
The pregnancy didn't absolutely disturbed the summer of the couple. They spent days in Palma de Mallorca although the Prince, for the first time, did not participate in the Copa del Rey. Later they were in Asturias, where the grandmother of the Princess has a house. In September the pair traveled to Prague to inaugurate a new seat of the Cervantes Institute and to Italy to do the own thing in a exhibition: “Milan on the feet of Carmen”.
A scare days before
In the final straight line of the pregnancy, Doņa Letizia went with urgency to the Ruber Clinic, but everything remained in that, in a scare. Perhaps for that reason she did not accompany to Don Felipe during the delivery of the Prince of Asturias Awards .
Her last official act was the Day of the National Celebration, where great part of the parade remained sitting. It was not for less, hardly fifteen days later she gave birth to Infanta Leonor in the Madrilenian Clinica Ruber. Since that even a year has turned. The anniversary will be next October 31st. And the little one already has a sibling in way.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

"Hola" has prepaired a "special" site (with all articles and pictures) dedicated to the 2nd pregnancy of Princess Letizia:

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/espe...arazo-letizia/

Old 09-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the couple! This is great!!! Another baby boom.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

Infanta Cristina expresses joy by pregnancy has been surprise

Infanta Cristina has expressed today her satisfaction by the announcement of the birth of the second son of Princes de Asturias the next year and has recognized that the news has been an pleasant surprise for the family.
'We are very contentments, it has been a surprise, but very good', the Infanta has declared, that today anniversary of the organization nongovernmental Intermón-Oxfam in the Audience of Barcelona has presided over the act of the 50.

The Duchess of Palm has arrived at the act accompanied by the president of the Generalitat, Pasqual Maragall; the mayor of Barcelona, Jordi Hereu; the Delegate of the Government in Catalonia, Joan Rangel, and the InterMon president, Ariane ARPA.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...zo_1108741.htm
Old 09-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Its great news that Letizia is pregnant again that explains why she and Felipe have been looking so happy recently.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Aristocracy

Hello Everyone I'm New To The Royal Forum, I've Been Reading For The Past Six Months And I Just Love It!!!

Just Wanted To Say Congratulations To Felipe And Letizia!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordana2
Hello Everyone I'm New To The Royal Forum, I've Been Reading For The Past Six Months And I Just Love It!!!
Just Wanted To Say Congratulations To Felipe And Letizia!!!
Welcome to the Forums, jordana2!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

congratulations, felicidades a los principes por el nuevo bebe
Old 09-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Aristocracy

I saw some interviews with people in the street on TVE.would someone from spain tell us something about people's reaction in spain please.
I don't know why but i am so excited as though this is her first baby.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Gentry

What time of pregnant has Letizia?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Royal Highness

The announcement is very early for a pregancy. She is not going to be due until May.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:34 AM
Commoner

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Wow another baby! I hope it's a boy.. and as good looking as big sister Leonor. =)

So in the coming months we'll get to see Letizia wear her maternity clothes again. =)
Old 09-27-2006, 03:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Videos of Dukes of Lugo and Erika Ortiz "talking" about the pregnacy

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1558...arazo/letizia/

On a slightly unrelated note: Wow...I hadn't noticed how bad Jaime's left side was until seeing him in that video. I knew he had a stroke, but I assumed he had recovered pretty well. It's really sad to see a man of his age suffering like that.

Well! May! It's going to be a long wait for us! I wonder who will come first, the little Dutch prince/ss or the Spanish infante/a? I love surprises!
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:23 AM
Aristocracy

Great! Now we can start looking at something positive instead of her weight. I'm happy for them esp. Felipe I know that he has really wanted to have a family for a long time.
I wonder if they are going to go for the 5 that Felipe said at their engagement?

Closed Thread